My partner and I stayed here 31st December - 3rd January. The only thing I enjoyed about this hotel is it's central location- it is very close to the station, the shops and also the royal mile. The room was extremely noisy due to Hogmanay and the windows were definitely not double glazed due to the strong draught making the room extremely cold.
The bed is like sleeping on a slab of concrete. When you pay around £200 per night I didn't expect to receive 2 single beds shoved together either! The bed was so uncomfortable, I had trouble sleeping for the full 3 days.
We opened our fridge to the smell of moudly milk- the fridge didn't work and smelt as though it hadn't for an extremely long time.
The only plus side of the room is that it had a safe and a television. That's about it.
On the final day, we checked out and were sat in the reception waiting for a taxi as it was lashing it down with rain outside. The very rude receptionist was answering the phones with a disgusting attitude and then hanging up on customers/potential customers on the end of the phone! She then turned to us and told us that we are no longer customers as we have just checked out and that we would have to wait for our taxi outside in the rain! So just beware, even though you have paid a ridiculous amount of money each night for a very uncomfortable, noisy and cold stay in an overpriced hotel - the second you check out, you are not thanked for your custom, you are shaked off their hands that very second. The receptionists behind the desk really need to learn to get some manners, especially that lady I just mentioned- I didn't catch her name but she was a brunette foreign lady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the Royal Mile and near Edinburgh Castle, this boutique hotel boasts luxurious rooms, a gym and a restaurant. There are superb views across Princes Street Gardens. Fraser Suites Edinburgh features designer furniture, iPod docking stations and LCD flat-screen TVs. Luxurious bathrooms have rainfall showers, and the kitchenettes offer a microwave and refrigerator. The Broadsheet Bistro serves breakfast. Dating back to the 1800s, the historic building features bespoke art from the Edinburgh College of Art. Staff at Fraser Suites are friendly and welcoming ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fraser Suites Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Hotel Edinburgh
- Fraser Suites Edinburgh Scotland