“Standards Slipping”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #61 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at the Fraser Suites on Valentines day, having previously had a great time.

There were a number issues - the shower controls were so stiff my wife couldn't turn them. The bathroom radiator was leaking, room lights were so dim as to be useless, drinking glasses were mismatched and one badly cracked, the room door required force as it was sticking, cabinet doors were badly aligned. All in all it looks like there was a lack of attention to detail.

We raised our concerns when checking out and reception staff were very apologetic. We were assured this would be followed up and management would be in touch. Despite phoning 10 days later we have heard nothing. Perhaps customer service isn't a priority?

We certainly won't go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gerry O
FSEManager, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Gerry O,

Thank you for choosing the Fraser Suites for your Valentines break. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We pride ourselves on our comfortable rooms and service.

I can understand that these issues would have been upsetting on such a special occasion and can assure you that this is not our usual standard of service or product. We hope that every guest enjoys the gold standard of service which we pride ourselves on at Frasers however it seems we have fallen short on this occasion. I am disappointed that we did not have the opportunity to set matters right during your stay.

I shall investigate with our maintenance team to ensure that your issues have been corrected as we do action all customer feedback as soon as possible however I am sorry that you have not been contacted sooner. As your stay was some time ago perhaps you would prefer to contact me directly on 0131 221 7206 should you wish to discuss this matter further.

I hope that you will give stay with us in the future when we can prove the true experience of gold service and better your opinion of the Hotel.

Evlyn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Arrived at the hotel to be greeted by an extremely rude receptionist. Checked in and went to my dirty room (layers of dust, the floor hadn't been hoovered and the toilet wasn't clean...) then had to contact reception again to determine how to heat the room as it was freezing cold. Turns out the only way to do this is to plug in some portable heaters and that this room was "always cold". Terribly disappointed and will be ensuring my company takes this hotel off their supply list.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank alison_curry
FSEManager, Sales Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi Ali,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and for taking the time to talk through the issues with me on the phone. I want to re-iterate that this is not the Fraser standard and how disappointed I am that your stay was not as it should have been. We have investigated this internally and taken action as discussed.

I look forward to speaking with you upon your return to the city and making sure that you receive the service and experience that we expect for all our guests.

Best regards,
Graeme

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have just come back from staying four nights at Fraser's, the hotel is beautiful, service is nice and location could not be better. Rooms were bright and relatively large.
All in all an excellent experience, would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Waleed G,

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review. You were most welcome with us and I shall hope that you shall visit again soon.

Our spacious apartments are very comfortable, I am delighted that you were happy with our friendly team, we pride ourselves on a gold standard of service. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel facilities.

We shall look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a really nice hotell/apartment, with large clean and nice rooms(we had 2 rom and a large bathrom, and also a small "kitchen" in the entrè), great location and good Service, with the possibilities for Room services.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Morten K,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your apartment and time with us.

We shall hope that you visit again soon. You will be most welcome when you do.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Facilities: Very Good, had a gym, reliable lift however no off street car parking. Car parking cost 14 pounds per 24 hours and was located 15 minutes’ walk from the hotel. However, understand that off street parking is at a premium in Edinburgh.
• Bathroom: Excellent
• Room: Lovely big room with sitting area and kitchenette
• Breakfast: Good
• Location: Excellent, just off the royal mile and only a short walk to Edinburgh Castle
• Cleanliness: Excellent
• Service: Very good
• Security: Excellent – proper hotel with full reception
• Internet: Free wi-fi which worked well
Summary: A lovely stay in Edinburgh, whilst a little expensive, was good value for money with the quality of the hotel and its location

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess H

Dear Jess H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of our facilities from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and apartment at the Fraser Suites.

You are correct, city centre parking is very limited and as such we cannot offer it on site however with the fantastic location of the hotel for attractions, bars and restaurants you need not drive around the city as most things are in easy walking distance or if not the public transport in Edinburgh is fantastic.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your spacious apartment and our onsite facilities such as our gym, restaurant and complimentary Wi-Fi.

I hope that you shall return to Edinburgh and chose to stay with us on your return. I see it is a fair distance for you from Brisbane however you will be most welcome should you manage!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at Fraser Suites. The location can't be beat! Right around the corner to the Royal Mile and a few minutes walk to just about everything including Edinburgh castle. Old Town attractions, lots of restaurants & pubs nearby. Airlink bus to and from the airport drops off at Waverley Bridge, also a short walk around the Mound or take The News Steps as a short cut. You can walk to Old Town and New Town easily.
We arrived early in the morning and our room was understandably not available so staff took our luggage so we can wander around. They were also very prompt in responding to my emails.
The junior suite was comfortable and clean. There were large windows in each room that brightened the rooms. We had a view of the building directly across. The kitchenette had tea and coffee facilities which is always a nice touch.
The bathroom has a large tub although care must be taken when getting in and out of it to take a shower. The shower knobs were quite tricky to operate. There just wasn't much room to put toiletries above the sink.
On a few nights when the winds were blowing hard, there was something that hit the walls and created sounds that kept us awake at times.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JFE

Dear JFE,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Fraser Suites. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for Edinburgh attractions, eateries and public transport links. With five nights in the city I am sure you managed to take in a great deal of them!

I am pleased you enjoyed your Junior Suite, the kitchenette within the room is perfect for when you have exhausted yourselves with walking all day!

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the wind but hope that it did not upset your stay at all and I hope that you shall return to the Fraser Suites should you return to Edinburgh in the future. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in February 2014 and had a wonderful time. We had a lovely twin room with a beautiful view towards Princes Street. The room was very clean, with a small kitchen area and modern bathroom. Everything we needed. Many thanks also to Shay on the front desk who was able to book us in at the last minute for an overnight tour to the highlands. Everyone from the front desk, to breakfast and housekeeping staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is in an excellent location - under 10 minute stroll to Edinburgh Castle and just up the hill from the train station. We took a cab to save the climb - less than a 3 minute drive and easily walkable if you pack less than I did. Also an easy walk to Princes Street for shopping, the Scottish National Gallery (highly recommend), Holyrood Palace and many excellent restaurants. Would love to stay here on our next visit to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Would suggest a higher floor with a view over Princes Street.