“Amazing Rooms in an Amazing Location”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Amazing Rooms in an Amazing Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are superb, you feel right at home straight away. When we first arrived the weather was awful but we enjoyed relaxing in our room for a few hours while the heavens cleared. The location is almost perfect. Right on the Royal Mile in the heart if Edinburgh. Short walk to the airport bus, though was glad to be going down the steps than up them. This was the quickest route to the bus, you could walk a bit further around. We paid £120 to stay here for our last night in Eders, which is a little over our usual price range. We thought we would have a treat for our last stay and it didn't disappoint. We will definitely consider staying here gasping and also the Fraser Suites in other parts of the world.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fitzybear619
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear fitzybear619,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Edinburgh is a fantastic city break even though the weather is unpredictable our comfortable and luxurious rooms certainly help when the Scottish weather comes in to play!

You are right about the New Steps, they are far nicer on the way down! I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and over the moon that Fraser Suites was such a lovely feature of your time in Eders. It's so nice to treat yourself sometimes, I am pleased you chose us!

I would recommend that you review our website to plan your next holiday, we have properties worldwide which are all beautiful and offer fantastic service and value. Of course don't forget about us on your next visit to Edinburgh, you will be very welcome.

Warm Regards,

Evlyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon tour of scotland
We booked the princess suite ....
Wow !!!
Absolutly perfect, after a 5 hour drive from Isle of skye we got into the room n freshened up , looked out of the windows at the surroundings n then eventually decided we should actually go out n have a walk around ,
The suite was fantastic , the hotel is perfectly placed for old and new town , the staff were very friendly
We couldnt have chosen a better place to stay , it was very hard to leave

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stuartybob
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear stuartybob,

Thank you so much for your five star review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am glad that the Fraser Suites was such a feature of your Honeymoon.

The Princes Suite is beautiful, light and airy, amazing views and comfortable and luxurious at the same time. A fantastic landing spot after your long drive from Skye.

The team are always on hand to help and offer suggestions of place to go, restaurants to try and attractions to visit. Just ask for a few hidden gems and tried and tested favourites.

Your comments are truly lovely, I hope you will return to us for your anniversary. Drop us an e-mail to our friendly reservations team if you would like to rebook. You will be more than welcome.

I look forward to welcoming you in the future.Have a fantastic marriage and lives together.

Best Wishes,

Ossett
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

A pace or two from St Giles Cathedral on the Royal mile so superb location and very easy to get everywhere. 125 steps down to the station or the easy route via Cockburn street ( and the wonderful Ecco Vino wine bar!). We had a junior suite which was large and comfortable if a little overlooked by neighbouring properties. We were allocated a mobility friendly room for some reason and the bathroom was spacious but the sink was very low and nowhere to put toiletries. We had an issue with a blocked drain causing a flood but this was quickly rectified when reported to the front desk and a complimentary breakfast provided while the clean up and unblocking was being done. Excellent customer service all round! Would stay here again and if for more than a couple of nights would make use of the fridge, microwave, dishwasher and hob I'm sure!

Room Tip: Junior suites are well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kayshort2011
Dear Kayshort2011,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and not entirely surprised that you counted the steps! We have a lot of comments on the New Steps (our recommendation is to use them on the way down) There are lots of great restaurants in Edinburgh but Eccovino is a fantastic and cosy Italian restaurant with a fantastic wine selection.

I am terribly sorry that you had an issue with your shower however I am very pleased to hear that the team were able to assist you quickly and efficiently. I shall pass your positive comments on to the team, they will be very happy.

I look forward to your next visit, hopefully for a little longer whereby you can make use of the kitchenette facilities.

Best Wishes,

Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked 3 x rooms for a girlie trip June 2014. Were allocated rooms on 6th floor which were all very warm but provided with portable air-con units and fans. Rooms were all spotless and to a good standard. Fraser Suites are located within about 20 metres of The Royal Mile so really central. Parking at nearby railway station was easy to use too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thjX
Dear thjX,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed your girlie weekend. I hope the journey home was not too painful.

The hotel location is perfect for exploring Edinburgh and in a great area for a fantastic selection of bars and restaurants. I am sure you know a few of them now.

I am pleased we were able to allocate you rooms so close together and I shall pass on your positive comments to housekeeping who will be pleased.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning and hope to welcome you soon. Perhaps for a different occasion we do have a variety of room types.

I look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is really well located if one plans to spend much time on/around the Royal Mile. Not so great if one plans to spend more time in the New Town, Princess Street, etc. Believe me, there are a LOT of steps between the the Mound and Scot Monument...

The staff was extremely helpful. We had rented a car in Glasgow and now needed to return it to the agency which, according to the paperwork, was located at Waverley train station. After driving around the huge station three times--which is no mean feat given Edinburgh traffic--we just went to the hotel and asked the desk agent for assistance. She was great--called the rental company, and went round and round with automatic repsonses and then live folks and finally found out where we were to go and gave us directions to do so. Terrific service!

For some reason we were assigned a room (Junior suite) designed for those with mobility challenges which means that while the bathroom was large, the sink was quite low, no cabinets, and it had a "roll in" shower which literally flooded the room with water every time one took a shower. Cleaning up the water was not a highlight of our trip.

We did not avail ourselves of the fridge, dishwasher, microwave, etc., but if one is into self-catering, this is a good option.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms are below the entrance level so inquire as to where your room is to ensure you'...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Livin_in_Germany
Dear Livin_in_Germany,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Fraser Suites. I am delighted that you found our team so helpful and friendly.

I am afraid the upside and downside of Edinburgh is exactly that, a very hilly place! Being located near the top of the Royal Mile we are perfectly situated to explore all that Edinburgh has to offer. The walk to the New Town is only ten minutes and buses are easily located on George IV bridge, South Bridge and Princes if you don't like the hills. Edinburgh has a fantastic public transport network with two central train stations, buses and now trams. Our friendly team are always on hand to point you in the right direction however Edinburgh is a fantastic city to simply walk around, best to see the small features of the city which are otherwise missed.

I believe it was Anita who assisted you with returning your car, I shall pass on your comments as I am sure she will be delighted to hear she was such a relief to you.

Many of our Junior Suites are designed to be accessible by all, the great feature of these rooms is they are so spacious. My apologies that you found the wetroom feature uncomfortable.

The kitchettes are a great feature, especially for our longer stay guests. Perhaps on you r next stay you will be able to make more use of it.

I hope that you shall return to the Fraser Suites, you will be very welcome when you do.

Greenock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is all about location….Stayed here for one night in early June & you can’t help but be impressed by the location (a 10 second walk to the Royal Mile)…The room itself was well fitted & modern, although a little small - It even had a portable air-con unit which helped make the room more comfortable – Only down side was the bed which had the softest of mattresses which made sleeping a bit uncomfortable….Breakfast was available at an additional cost & to be honest was well worth it – Continental style & full Scottish cooked for you & brought to the table (nice touch) – I’d certainly recommend the Fraser Suites & would return…

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimmik44
Dear Jimmick44,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time in Edinburgh and the Fraser Suites. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and found it comfortable.

Perhaps if you would prefer a more spacious room you could try one of our larger apartments on your next stay. Our Junior suites are spacious studio style apartments while our One Bedroomed Apartments offer a separate sleeping area to the living area.
For a special occasion I would highly recommend our beautiful Bespoke Suites, each one is individually designed and decorated. The Princes Suite with amazing views over Princes Street, The Courant is a large and light room with beautiful wall to wall windows. The Observatory Suite has its own private balcony looking toward the Observatory on Calton Hill and is decorated warm colours with traditional dark wood panelling.

I am sorry to hear that you found the mattress soft, a very personal preference however I am frequently told how comfortable our beds are.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast, the Broadsheet Bistro team have worked hard to improve the breakfast service and now offer a wide selection on the continental buffet together with the cooked to order traditional breakfast. The team will be delighted with your comments.

I hope you will return soon when you will be most welcome.

San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Well-located and very quiet for a hotel in midst of city. Wi-fi was terrible. We travelled all over Scotland and this was by far the slowest. Room very tastefully done, but very small. Breakfast was very good. You have to ask for your toiletries after day 1. It was not followed through. Not earth shattering, but kind of annoying. Our room had no view, but so quiet! Still would go back here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wondering77
Dear Wondering77,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. You are correct about our location, the Hotel is in a remarkably peaceful situation despite being only yards form the hustle and bustle of the Royal Mile.

I am sorry that you had difficulty with the Wi-Fi, unfortunately the Historic centre of Edinburgh is not well provided as of yet with high speed internet which does limit guests to stream data however the connection is generally suitable for checking e-mails and browsing. We are currently in correspondence with all parties required to enhance the speed of Wi-Fi in the area.

The décor throughout the hotel is very comfortable, I am pleased it was to your taste.

L'Occitane Toiletries are provided for arrival however if refreshments were requested then we would have been happy to oblige. My apologies if this was missed on this occasion.

I am delighted to hear that you plan to return to the Fraser Suites in the future and look forward to welcoming you then.