“Great location, met expectations”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Great location, clean, comfortable room, great bed. Staff were very friendly, and even tracked me down when I dropped my phone on the stairs. Only complaint is probably not their fault: that their internet connection was terrible, probably due to a wiring problem.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JConnollyDOSM, Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear SotaMichelle,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially that the staff were polite and helpful. We pride ourselves in gold standard service and providing all our guests with the best possible experience during their stay.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered problems with the internet. We offer free WiFi throughout all our properties as an added extra to our guests as we know how important it is to stay in touch and be connected when travelling. We did have some issues with our connectivity but this has now been fixed and I'm confident that if you were to come and stay with us again you would notice the difference in this.

Kind Regards
Jennifer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for two nights, separated by a trip to the Highlands. Although it was a priced more than I would have wanted, we booked late and right in the middle of the Fringe festival. Overall everything was great - location, breakfast, reception, amenities, toiletries, not much could have been better. Then again, there isn't much to complain about when you get to stay right on the Royal Mile.

The best part was the bed - the first night we had the most amazing bed ever - definitely not the typical European bed (not all beds are the same in the Hotel though, as the second night we had a different room and the bed was just normal).

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JenniferJCoe

Thank you for taking the time to write your 5 star review of Fraser Suites Edinburgh. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular that you had a perfect night's sleep! We want all our guests to feel comfortable and at home so this is a wonderful compliment to us.

I hope the rest of your trip to the Highlands went well and that you enjoyed some of our wonderful scenery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Edinburgh again in the future.

Kind Regards
Jennifer

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed on the 6th floor for a total of 4 nights during the Tattoo and Fringe festival. We could see the Tattoo fireworks from our room - that along with the other amazing views from every window (the sea, monuments, the castle, etc) helped make our stay extra special! Shay down at reception was absolutely wonderful - she gave us easy to follow directions and recommended wonderful restaurants! Thanks again Shay!! The only improvement needed is to the beds - the pull out mattress was very flat and not very comfortable and the main bed was a bit soft.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Birdshottravellers ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful stay at Fraser Suites. I am so pleased that you found the front desk team so helpful, I shall pass on your lovely comments to Shay who will be very pleased that you enjoyed her recommendations.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the views from your apartment and had the spectacular fireworks to entertain you each night of your stay. The Tattoo and Festival in Edinburgh is a fabulous experience, I am pleased that you were able to go and appreciate it. I am sure that you noticed the fantastic location of the hotel for all of the venues in such near proximity. I hope you took in a few shows.

Thank you for the feedback on the bed in your room, although mattress softness is a subjective issue we shall investigate this further. We are currently carrying out a soft upgrade and as such this shall be reviewed.

I hope that you are looking forward to your next stay in Edinburgh. Don't forget we also have great fireworks for Hogmanay!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed 1 night in room 209 during the festival. Hotel is perfectly located for the Royal Mile, the festival and the fringe. Would suit either visitors or business travellers. Higher rooms will be quieter. Room 209 has a window directly on the steps down to Waverley, need to be kept shut (AirCon unit is provided). Boradheet bistro is connected in the hotel and great for afternoon tea and breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor...
1  Thank AlainWanderings
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear AlianWanderings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

I hope that you will think of us for yourselves should you have any business trips in Edinburgh. August is a great time of year to visit for the festival however the city has many interesting events and attractions year round.

I shall pass on your lovely comments to the Broadsheet Bistro team who will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Fraser Suites on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a trip we did with Costco. I am not sure what the other options were, but this turned out to be good for us. We came to this hotel after an amazing hotel in London. The girl at the front desk was SUPER nice and helpful to us. I know she worked a lot and was filling in for others that called in. The rooms were nice and spacious. The building was very old with low ceilings and doorways. If you are over 6ft you may find this uncomfortable. The breakfast was really nice. It had everything you could want with exception of specialty coffees (espresso, cappuccino) other hotels included that on this trip. Note: if you want to be able to cook in your room they have a stove top and dishwasher there. We did not, but I can see how that could come in handy.

We did eat at the restaurant one night and it as ok. We were so tired and did not want to head out anywhere. It was expensive for what you get... but still were very satisfied.

The location of the hotel made easy to get on the hop on hop off bus. The Worlds End restaurant was not far and would recommend that. The park that is close is really nice too.

2  Thank MVBonilla
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear MVBonilla,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your stay with us.

I shall pass your compliments to our front desk team who will be very pleased to have left such a positive impression on your stay.

The rooms are very spacious and we do have a variety of room types if more space is required. Our Junior Suites are larger than the Classic rooms, ideal if you like to lounge or have a lot to travel with although all of our rooms have excellent storage options.

Being an 18th century building it certainly has character however I had not though of the ceilings or doorways as low, in fact our reception area is in the region of 12ft ceilings.

I shall pass on your lovely comments to our Bistro team who will be very pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast selection and service. They do provide speciality coffees from the bar if you prefer at a small surplus.

I am pleased that you see the benefit of the kitchenette although you did not have need of it this visit. I trust you found some wonderful restaurants to visit during your stay.

The location is perfect for exploring all of Edinburgh's attractions, I am pleased that you enjoyed the Princes Street Gardens, perhaps you have heard the history of them?

I hope that you will think of us when you next return to Edinburgh, I look forward to welcoming you then.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The reception staff were lovely, especially Shay. If only I could have one of her at every hotel I utilize. Our rooms were good-- my sister's (room 512) was a bit better laid out than mine, but I had a much lovelier view from my room (514) and it was much quieter, as it faced Princes Street; my sister's faced St. Giles Street, and so she dealt with the noise coming from High Street (The Royal Mile). We stayed while The Fringe Festival was on, so noise was to be expected. The noise isn't always an issue in Edinburgh.

I liked how intimate this hotel felt. I especially liked how centrally located it was; all the major sites of Edinburgh were in close proximity-- shopping, eating, and touring were all a short walk away. We only needed a taxi for the ride in, and if I'd thought of it, the bus in from the airport would have sufficed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Princes Street are quieter and have lovely views-- anything above 4th floor is best. R...
2  Thank Emily I

Dear Emily I,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

I shall pass on your fantastic review to our team, Shay will be brimming with pride to read your kind words.

I am pleased that you both enjoyed your rooms and views, you have already noted that Edinburgh is a lot busier in August than any other month of the year however I hope you were not disturbed too much but managed to take in a few shows and catch a few street performers!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the ambiance of the Hotel and the location. We have so many excellent restaurants and bars nearby that the tricky bit is narrowing down where you go! Our front desk team are always happy to help with reservations and suggestions.

For your next visit you now know how easy the public transport is so you can opt for the tram or the bus if you like. Each is only a short walk to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is lovely just around the corner from lots going on in the old part of Edingburgh. The
room was very comfy.
It didn't have the best view so just hope you don't go on the 1st floor if you want a good view.
The reception staff were very helpfull, offering us a towel after coming in from the pouring rain !!
The Bathroom was lovely, but needed some TLC around the corners or the shower, and the flooring in the kitchen area needed replacing.
We picked up the tram straight from the airport, 'Brillant' direct into the city and just a short walk up to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highier numbers have views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ness W

Dear Ness W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your lovely weekend in Edinburgh. I am delighted that you found the location so ideal, indeed transport to the hotel is excellent be it taxi, tram or bus or train it is all very easy.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room and found it so comfy. Unfortunately not all of our rooms have panoramic vistas as we are so central but due to the fantastic location you have only a few minutes walk to the Castle, Princes Street Gardens, The National Museum and countless galleries and museums all in beautiful and varying architecture and sights.

I am pleased the team made you so welcome but sorry that you had to experience the well renowned and ever changing Edinburgh weather! We have umbrellas at the ready in reception!

I shall pass your comments to the maintenance and housekeeping teams as we are always striving to improve our service and product so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I hope that you will think of us on your next visit to Edinburgh and look forward to welcoming you then.

Warm Regards,