Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
  • Restaurant
The Inn Place(Edinburgh)
  • Pool
3,025 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed at the Misssoni in June 2011 following a delayed flight and got a really good deal through a secret hotel deal. The staff and hotel could not have been nicer, despite my boyfriend and I's dishevelled appearance after a long day of travelling.

The only small complaint was the price of the cooked breakfast, £18 each but considering the bargain price we paid it was not a big deal. Would love to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank SolicitorGirl
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Too unusual to make me want to go back. Crazy, paintbox like colours and mad striped carpets that would almost induce migraine, which can be seen from the website.
The staff were very good, although the kilt wearing greeters looked like complete eejits in their outfits. Why didn't they just get ordinary kilts instead of these daft things? Their attitude couldn't be faulted however, whhich also applies to the rest of the staff.
The location is excellent, being on the Royal Mile but car parking is really expensive.
Breakfast was fine, and the room ok, with the shower being the best bit.
I actually fell out of bed onto the hard wooden floor when I turned over in the night due to the way the bed was made up. Just kept rolling, with no alcohol at all in my system! No harm done though and they did enquire in a concerned manner on leaving. The room itself was also too weird for me, though comfortable enough.
If this hotel was a singer it would be Lady Gaga, and if it was a designer it would be John Galliano. Nuff said.
In summary, good staff and location but not for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HabLeaf
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Sometimes I feel I am a jaded traveler but this hotel was delightful. The design of the room and it's amenities send a message that someone put a lot of thought behind it. The staff is helpful and enthusiastic. We were there 5 nights and I enjoyed the room, the staff, and its location. A good value also.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed seven nights in this fun, modern hotel. Great location off the Royal Mile. The customer service was some of the best I've had. People seemed to genuinely enjoy working there and wanted to help. (For example, the night we arrived, my husband was sick and the kitchen tracked down some soup for us that wasn't on the room service menu. Plus, the girl who checked us in offered to send a nurse up to our room. What a sweetheart.) We had a smaller room on the third floor of the newer building in the back. I wanted quiet, and we got it. As for room design, it was like they had read my mind -- hardwood floors, Nespresso machine, comfy robes, just the right pops of color and pattern. We did day trips to both St. Andrew's and Loch Lomond from here. There was one small issue when they couldn't locate a package that had been sent to me at the hotel but eventually it was tracked down. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We chose a room in the back in the newer building, at the end of the hall. Slept like babies.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LAWheelsUp
Reviewed 3 November 2011

my husband took me for a surprise trip to Edinburgh.In truth, I was hoping for a holiday in the sun.. The hotel brought a smile to my face. It was centraly located( just off The Royal Mile,round the corner from the castle). It was stylish, clean and comfortable. The best were the staff who were super attentive. One of them,Felix, greeted us and was extremely helpful and always full of good advice.
The room was modern and had a good outlook onto the street.There was no noise,the soundproofing was good.The bed and bedding were superb. There was a dissapointing snag: whoever designed the room was not very up on storage space.We could have done with some decent drawers .Also,the sockets were not near any mirrors so if you wanted to dry your hair and be able to se yourself,you couldn't.
Their restaurant was just perfect.The choice of food excellent and knowledge of waiters good.Everything is Italian,in fact there was Italian this and that round every corner of Edinburgh! In the restaurant we were mostly looked after by Carlo who was really lovely and attentive.I thought that the waiters' uniform had an unfortunate look about it.

Room Tip: just ask for a good view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple