Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
HotelIndigo.com
US$179
US$167
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
Agoda.com
US$843
US$678
3,060 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Arriving at the Hotel Missoni for afternoon tea and Cocktails was no problem for the wonderful chatty and informative staff, despite there being no table available. In no time one was found along with 6 chairs and we spent the next hour and a half relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for further adventures in Edinburgh. Could not reccomend this hotel bar enough. Thanks guys for making our weekend more special.

Room Tip: Sorry were not staying here. Am sure it would be a great experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is a nice hotel. Very friendly, clean. A previous review stated that it lacked what you would expect from a 5*. Its the small things such as the app for the hotel didn't work. I told them at reception and they said they would look into it for me and come back to me, but unfortunately they never did. We ordered additional pillows but only one was sent up and this was in fact a piece of sponge it was very hard. The beds were to hard for us and on check out they asked how we slept and I commented on the beds which she said we could have had a topper but unfortunately this was not advised to us before. The quilt was a feather quilt which was very warm and light. The first night we were there they turned down the beds after we had gone out which would have been after 6pm. The next night the girl came at 4.30 wanting to turn them down but we were getting ready so was not convenient. I would have expect her to come back abit later purely for the fact that the items on the bed that needed to be removed need to be placed somewhere due to such a small room. Luckily we had noticed the night before that they were put on a high shelf. Not a problem but not what you would expect from a 5*.

Toiletries were supplied which were very nice. The bathrooms were lovely but dark.

The rooms are small and we would have been very hard pushed to hang our clothes up on the open hook (wardrobe) if we had been longer there than just the weekend. It was a nice touch to have complimentary drinks in the fridge. The movies in the room were free to view and were up to date movies.

The cooked breakfast was freshly prepared but small. They did have a range of the normal pastries, cakes fruits etc. It was a shame that there were no scottish items on the breakfast menu such as haggis which would have been nice to try. One morning I had hot chocolate for breakfast and it came in a tall mug and was excellent so the next morning I ordered the same but it came in a tea cup which was hot milk with lots of froth on top and tasted very unpleasant. I asked for them to change it and the lady was quite surprised at what I had been served. The food was nice but i feel with all the hype they gave to you as they came and told you about the days specials and how it was cooked I just didn't feel it really lived up to it. The drinks menu is very expensive. The wine they recommend for our dinner was £40 and i certainly would not pay that. A glass was £8.50 but it was very nice. They did make my husband the perfect Irish coffee.

The cocktail lounge had very uncomfortable high chairs on one side of the bar and these were the only chairs left. The other side had comfortable couches and arm chairs and was full. The cocktails were nice around average £12 each.

I don't know if I would stay in this hotel
again but I certainly wouldn't dissuade anyone not to. The location was good
hotel was clean and everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 25 September 2012

"Are we really staying at the Hotel Missoni?!" was the shriek of shock from my wife when I suddenly detoured and pulled up in the parking bay outside of this stunning hotel instead of the Malmaison at Leith. The smile on my wife's face grew even larger when the hunky guy with dreadlocks and a kilt approached us to take our bags and park our car. At £35 the valet parking service doesn't come cheap, but for a special occasion like our wedding anniversary it was worth it. Our kilted concierge escorted us through Check In - the Reception staff are so friendly by the way - and up to our room where he gave us a guided tour of the facilities right down to the free soft drinks in the minibar and free movie channels.
The lovely bouquet of flowers I'd ordered a few weeks in advance took pride of place on the dressing table and we had a great view across to St.Giles Cathederal (please see attached photo). A Nespresso coffee maker was included and Room Service provided another mitt full of expresso coffee capsules on request. Just as well as we went through so many I was totally wired!
Pièce de résistance for me though was the rainfall shower which was to die for. Amazing, as was the whole bathroom complete with complementary Missoni toiletries. Bathrobes & slippers also come as standard.
We didn't eat in the Missoni restaurant as we already had a table booked at one our favourite Edinburgh Restaurants, 'Vittoria On The Bridge', which is just along from the Hotel (our favourite restaurant in the UK is actually 'Indaba' in Edinburgh but that was unfortunately closed that Monday night).
We did have drinks in the The Hotel Missoni bar though. The bar is swish, service very smiley and attentive and although our drinks were a touch pricey they were worth every penny.
We had a wonderful overnight stay (Mon 17 Sept). The bed was huge & comfy and as I lay there the next morning I couldn't help but think to myself, "I could get used to this". We'll certainly stay at the Hotel Missoni again, that's for sure.

Room Tip: A higher floor gives you better views.
2  Thank DaveyPalmer
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is a lovely modern hotel with added touches such as free mini bar items and Nespresso machine to make your stay exceedingly pleasant. The location is brilliant, right in the middle of things so very handy walking to all attractions, restaurants and bars but the jewel in this hotel's crown is its staff who are very pleasant and helpful, probably the nicest hotel staff you could meet...and the guys look really fetching in their pink kilts!!

1  Thank KJT-AJT
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a trendy yet comfortable hotel in an amazing location just off the Royal Mile, perfect for those wanting to explore Edinburgh's tourist attractions. We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful and the room was plush, clean and well equipped. The free soft drinks mini bar was a really great touch, especially when so many hotels charge for this service. I would definitely recommend.