“Wonderful weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Wonderful weekend”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wonderful helpful and friendly staff at this great hotel. Stayed for a weekend and they could not have been more helpful. The rooms were a great size with everything that you could ask for, great comfortable bed, I needed to ask for a firmer pillow and it was there when I got back. Wonderful nights sleep followed by a lovely breakfast with good service and great food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear MollieO,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are all delighted you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Missoni and your comments about the staff, breakfast and the quality of your sleep are welcomed greatly!

As a team, our passion is our guests, and how we can continue to provide unique and professional 5 star service for all that walk through the door. Please do not forget about us; spread the Missoni word and we look forward to hopefully getting the opportunity to meet you again soon,

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend at the Missoni with my partner and our friends. Edinburgh was incredibly busy this weekend probably due to the rugby and the hotel also appeared to be very busy. From the moment of checking in before time on Friday the staff were polite, attentive and incredibly helpful. The room that we had was beautifully spacious and absolutely quiet bearing in mind the very central location. Fantastic location and within walking distance of everything. The room had everything that we could possibly need .... And finally a hotel with a decent hair dryer ! ...... Room service and housekeeping were excellent particularly when we noticed that something had been spilt possibly during the housekeeping service and the bed covers appeared to be soaked with water. Whole bed changed within 5 minutes of reporting it. Only moan was that we waited almost an hour for breakfast on Sunday as our orders kept being given to somebody else... But all in all stylish, excellent service and fantastic location..loved it !

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jane G,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Missoni following your recent stay and for your kind comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be so accommodating for your needs and you were well looked after by our team. I am however sorry to read that you had an issue with your bed linen and that you had trouble on Sunday at breakfast. It is however, positive to read that these issues were dealt with professionally and did not disrupt your stay too much. Thank you so much for bringing to our attention details of your stay. We always encourage our guests to let us know about all aspects of experience so we can continue to provide superior service in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon,

dublin
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Again, Tripadvisor comes to the rescue! I admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to hotels; not only does the "wow" factor of a place has to impress, but a good deal or discount makes for a pleasant stay, me thinks! I searched for the top hotels in Edinburgh and voila! Hotel Missoni certainly stood out in the reviews.

So, I had planned to see my beloved BellX1 on their Chop Chop tour, but at the time of booking, the Vicar street venue was sold out. As a dedicated fan, I then bought a ticket for their gig at the Electric Circus in Edinburgh. Naturally, Hotel Missoni was a great choice because it is situated a hop, skip (and trudge up a low hill!) away. I got the advanced booking deal, with a comfortably sized room, no breakfast included, but free WiFi and minibar, papers and laundry daily included. Not bad for a great location, comfy bed and stylish bathroom with access to the city and sights, all for £122 a night, VAT and service tax included!

Breakfast is tasty with a choice of Continental buffet for just £13 +/- a hot breakfast ( just an additional £5.50). Tasty, freshly squeezed juices, water with lemon, cucumber OR mint, freshly baked small pastries and cakes, cold cuts, fruit salad, yogurt and cereal.....and that's not counting the hot plate menu!

Staff are friendly and deco pleasing. Small gym which is perfect if you're the only one using it. Spa facilities are limited to just treatments, with no pool or sauna on the premises. But who has got time for that, when the sights and castle are beckoning to be explored! I love Edinburgh!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and got one! Preferably as for the higher floors as the view out of the wi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear coal 123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us in Edinburgh. I am pleased that we were able to look after you so well for the gig that you were in Edinburgh for. I too am a massive BellX1 fan and am very jealous that you were able to catch them, I unfortunately could not go!

Please do touch base with me when you are next up in Scotland and I would be delighted to look after your reservation for you. Many thanks once again for your valuable feedback,

Hampshire
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Me and my partner were up in Edinburgh for my birthday this weekend. We had won a voucher and booked to stay at the Hotel Missoni. I travel a lot on business, I've seen all types of hotels. This hotel by far is the most incredible hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff are lovely, friendly, polite and beyond helpful. Our room was just incredible, with a free mini bar. Breakfast in bed. The location is perfect. The cocktail bar was delicious!! I'm amazed this hotel has had anything but 'excellent' reviews on here. On downfall is we won vouchers to stay at the hotel, so sadly we probably wont be able to afford to go back!

Dear Trish T,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you had such an incredible experience with us at Hotel Missoni and that our Guest Services team were able to prepare you so well for your trip to Edinburgh. We have a dedicated team, on hand 24 hrs a day, even, well before arrival, who have detailed knowledge of the city and a personal relationship with all of Edinburgh’s attractions, restaurants and bars.

Please accept my apologies for the “small blip” you encountered at breakfast. Whilst it is disappointing that this occurred, I am pleased we were able to rectify the issue for you quickly. I hope to assure you that we certainly did not want to cause any awkwardness at all.

I am delighted to read that you had such a positive response from the team at the hotel. We are very fortunate to have such enthusiastic, professional and service minded people right at the heart of our business, providing only the very best for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just back from a stay in the Missoni and what an incredible experience. Even before we arrived at the hotel we were given very good service with prompt responses to some questions we had. We were only there for one night so did not get the chance to use the spa and Cucina restaurant, however, were treated exceptionally well, from the valet parking to dinner recommendations.

We had only a small blip in the whole of our stay, which was at breakfast time and checking that we had actually paid in advance for the breakfast (which I had) It was a little awkward as I had organised and paid for the hotel as a birthday treat. We then had to wait a very long time for our order to be taken and then unfortunately our coffee did not arrive until the end of our breakfast. I do not want that to detract from our stay though as we loved the hotel and the people that did take the time to look after us.

Small touches, the Nespresso coffee machines, beautiful linens and robes, mini bar, friendly stay quirky uniforms, it all made for a good experience and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Make sure to book dinner in advance, we were unlikely and unable to get a table. Also recommend the...
Dear Trish T,

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We chose Hotel Missoni to help us celebrate 45 years of marriage in style. From the moment we arrived via taxi at the hotel entrance, we were put well at ease with our luggage being removed from the taxi by a very pleasant Missoni kilted porter called Salvador.

As we approached reception we were greeted very warmly by the staff on duty. We were accompanied to our rooms by Salvador and our luggage and all the features including TV, lighting, Nespresso machine etc were all explained to us as required. The rooms were spotless & I could find no fault in presentation, hygiene or cleanliness. The rooms were well soundproofed as my husband who was next door could not hear my music playing or my TV during the day or at night. Nor could we hear street noise or other guests (although the 4th Floor was very quiet)
The minibar was well stocked with fresh milk, water, soft drinks,1/2 bottles of red & white wine & lager. The coffee machine made beautiful espresso.

The rain shower was a treat and one could have spend a long,long time in it frequently. Towels were beautifully laundered and wonderful to use as were complimentary slippers & bath products. Drainage of shower,wash basin & toilet were 100% efficient

We did not have an opportunity to use the restaurant as we had received a gift for our special occasion to visit another prestigious Italian restaurant in the area for lunch followed by theatre in the evening, but we wish we had been able to experience the food as the menu looked innovative & enticing.
Two nights came to an end all too soon, but there is an Italian saying about "having steak every day". It suggests is better to be left with a yearning to return to, rather than an overload of too long with a good thing?

Hotel Missoni is not 100% perfect in all aspects for every guest needs of very diverse public . No hotel, pub or restaurant anywhere can be perfect for such demands imposed by today's standards, but they all can continuously strive to be the best they can be & Hotel Missoni works very hard to maintain as perfect a standard as possible in our estimation.
Well Done! We will return. Thank you for an almost 100% perfect experience. You made our 45th Anniversary even more special.

I mentioned only one member of staff by name, who was with frequency there for us, but that in no way reflects on all the other members of staff who are part of the grand team of superb customer service at Hotel Missoni, Edinburgh and served us very well.

Room Tip: At time of booking establish exactly what you want in every aspect of your room, include preferred v...
Dear AngelaG56_12,

I would like to take the opportunity to offer big thanks in return for your comments following your stay at Hotel Missoni. It is really pleasing to read that you had such a fabulous experience from start to finish for your special occasion. I know that we really enjoyed looking after you for your 45th wedding anniversary. I am sure your review will provide other tripadvisor readers with a full insight in to what we offer at Hotel Missoni and why we continue to strive to provide the very best service at all times for all of our guests. I would welcome your return to Edinburgh in the future and ask that you touch base with me directly to allow me to manage the reservation for you personally. I hope to see you both again soon, maybe for your 46th wedding anniversary, or, why not make it an annual trip?

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently used a gift voucher I had received from my sister for a Luxury Pedicure at hotel Missoni. It was a wonderful experience. The relaxing spa was a tranquil sanctuary worlds apart from the bustling streets of the city. The pedicure was excellent and I even had my arms and hands massaged whilst my feet were cosy in booties. There was a vast choice of nail varnish colours and multiple coats have ensured a few weeks on my pedicure still looks good as new! I could not fault the friendly staff from the kilted doorman, reception staff to spa staff. I would highly recommend the hotel Missoni Spa!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Alix A,

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor following your spa treatment at Hotel Missoni. I have made sure your feedback has been passed directly onto the Spa team, who really appreciate your nice words. We would be delighted to welcome you back anytime. Have a fabulous festive period and we look forward to seeing you in 2014, if not before!