“A step above the rest”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birtley, United Kingdom
“A step above the rest”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just when you thought hotel service had died, a stay here and you realise what you've been missing all these years. From walking through the front door to departure it is service with a capital S. Fantastic staff, a fab room and bar service that makes you want to go back. We will and I have no doubt the additional facilities will be used next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Mark S,

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review. It is really reassuring to read that you felt you were so well looked after by our team at Hotel Missoni. We pride ourselves on our service standards and on applying the necessary attention to detail to continue to provide the very best, whilst creating a friendly and relaxing environment for everyone to enjoy their visit to Edinburgh.

We cannot wait to look after you again, thank you once again for your kind comments; I have of course ensured your feedback has been circulated.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dundee
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We have just spent one night at this fantastic hotel.

Very clean rooms, brilliant staff, great service, lovely spa. Overall we loved it. We didn't use the bar or restaurant on this occasion.

Only downside had been our toast was cold at breakfast but still not enough of an issue for me to drop it down a star. I still ate it!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fungirl_12,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Missoni following your stay with us. I am delighted you had such a fabulous experience. Please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you are back in Edinburgh in the future. We would be very happy to see you again!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently attended an event at Hotel Missoni. What a night! From the exquisite food, the attentive and friendly staff through to the relaxed and vibrant atmosphere, all in all it was a superb evening! I will most certainly be back, whether that be for client meeting, dinner for a special occasion in either of their wonderful restaurants or cocktails at the bar with the girls on a saturday night, I will most certainly be back! Thank you again for such an enjoyable evening - Hotel Missoni is a MUST for either dinner, drinks or to stay when in Edinburgh!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vics l
Dear vics 1,

Thank you so much for your review. I would welcome the opportunity to thank you over the telephone for your kind comments about the event you attended. Would you be able to get in touch to let me know the best number to contact you on? It would be great to put you in touch with our Events Team to see if we can help out with any meeting space you might need in Edinburgh in the future. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We had the opportunity last week to attend an Exclusive Four Course Sicilian Dinner with Giorgio Locatelli, in the lovely Cucina restaurant.
It did not disappoint, the food was beautifully presented, and the combinations and flavours were wonderful. We opted for matching wines which complimented the different courses.
The staff were attentive and helpful and took time to explain each dish and the wines.
Altogether a fantastic evening!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lesleyann23,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Cucina for the Giorgio Locatelli evening on the 19th November. We are delighted to have Giorgio as a consultant for Cucina and it was great to have his food showcased by our head chef Mattia Camorani. I am so pleased you had such a fantastic evening with us and I do hope you will return in the future. Maybe you might want to stay the night next time to experience what else Hotel Missoni has to offer in Edinburgh. Please feel free to touch base with me directly. Thank you for your valued review,

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Wonderful helpful and friendly staff at this great hotel. Stayed for a weekend and they could not have been more helpful. The rooms were a great size with everything that you could ask for, great comfortable bed, I needed to ask for a firmer pillow and it was there when I got back. Wonderful nights sleep followed by a lovely breakfast with good service and great food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MollieO,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are all delighted you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Missoni and your comments about the staff, breakfast and the quality of your sleep are welcomed greatly!

As a team, our passion is our guests, and how we can continue to provide unique and professional 5 star service for all that walk through the door. Please do not forget about us; spread the Missoni word and we look forward to hopefully getting the opportunity to meet you again soon,

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend at the Missoni with my partner and our friends. Edinburgh was incredibly busy this weekend probably due to the rugby and the hotel also appeared to be very busy. From the moment of checking in before time on Friday the staff were polite, attentive and incredibly helpful. The room that we had was beautifully spacious and absolutely quiet bearing in mind the very central location. Fantastic location and within walking distance of everything. The room had everything that we could possibly need .... And finally a hotel with a decent hair dryer ! ...... Room service and housekeeping were excellent particularly when we noticed that something had been spilt possibly during the housekeeping service and the bed covers appeared to be soaked with water. Whole bed changed within 5 minutes of reporting it. Only moan was that we waited almost an hour for breakfast on Sunday as our orders kept being given to somebody else... But all in all stylish, excellent service and fantastic location..loved it !

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jane G,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Missoni following your recent stay and for your kind comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be so accommodating for your needs and you were well looked after by our team. I am however sorry to read that you had an issue with your bed linen and that you had trouble on Sunday at breakfast. It is however, positive to read that these issues were dealt with professionally and did not disrupt your stay too much. Thank you so much for bringing to our attention details of your stay. We always encourage our guests to let us know about all aspects of experience so we can continue to provide superior service in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon,

dublin
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Again, Tripadvisor comes to the rescue! I admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to hotels; not only does the "wow" factor of a place has to impress, but a good deal or discount makes for a pleasant stay, me thinks! I searched for the top hotels in Edinburgh and voila! Hotel Missoni certainly stood out in the reviews.

So, I had planned to see my beloved BellX1 on their Chop Chop tour, but at the time of booking, the Vicar street venue was sold out. As a dedicated fan, I then bought a ticket for their gig at the Electric Circus in Edinburgh. Naturally, Hotel Missoni was a great choice because it is situated a hop, skip (and trudge up a low hill!) away. I got the advanced booking deal, with a comfortably sized room, no breakfast included, but free WiFi and minibar, papers and laundry daily included. Not bad for a great location, comfy bed and stylish bathroom with access to the city and sights, all for £122 a night, VAT and service tax included!

Breakfast is tasty with a choice of Continental buffet for just £13 +/- a hot breakfast ( just an additional £5.50). Tasty, freshly squeezed juices, water with lemon, cucumber OR mint, freshly baked small pastries and cakes, cold cuts, fruit salad, yogurt and cereal.....and that's not counting the hot plate menu!

Staff are friendly and deco pleasing. Small gym which is perfect if you're the only one using it. Spa facilities are limited to just treatments, with no pool or sauna on the premises. But who has got time for that, when the sights and castle are beckoning to be explored! I love Edinburgh!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and got one! Preferably as for the higher floors as the view out of the wi...