Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
US$323
US$214
US$107
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$202
Agoda.com
US$680
3,059 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The best: the location and the “freebies”
The worst: hardly any place to put your clothes and no separate toilet
The hotel is located right off the top of the Royal mile and the corner of George IV bridge and thus ideally located for sight-seeing and shopping in this area. And even Princess Street is only an about 10min walk down the hill. Perfect! It offers free internet and (depending on the rate you chose) free mini-bar and free laundry for two items per day (you obviously do pay for it as part of the room rate...). Check-in/out are speedy and friendly, but sometimes the staff does get confused (we had somebody's luggage delivered to our room twice). The rooms (especially if you choose a larger one) are spacious, have nice views and the rather strong (funky) colour design is not bad. The bathroom and shower area are spacious.
However, you get TWO drawers to store your belongings so unless you can hang them you have to “live” out of your suitcase. And unless you don't mind that your partner is sitting on the toilet while you take a shower it means taking turns in the bathroom...
Maybe it is just us, but why can't designers be a bit more practical???

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear MJN,

Thank you for your valued feedback. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed our inclusive pricing and the location of the hotel. Further thanks for your comments about the hardware of the bedrooms, namely the storage and the bathroom, which have been duly noted and passed onto our Management Team.

It is important to mention that the Missoni design of our rooms is unique. Though rare, negative feedback surrounding the hardware of our bedrooms is harder to respond to than issues regarding service standards, which is why is was deeply disappointing to read that the wrong bags were delivered to your room. It is unfortunately, clear on this occasion we let our usual high standards slip, please accept my apologies. I do however take some rest in the fact that the error was rectified quickly, but you are right, it should not have happened!

I do hope your 1st experience has not put you off coming back in the future. Please get in touch with me personally next time and I will make sure that your personal needs are met,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I chose to stay here for my nephew's 30th birthday and the staff were just fantastic at making the whole time extra special for him. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was spectacularly good with service to complement. The hotel is in a superb location for access to Edinburgh's many attractions. Very central and easy walking distance from the railway station. We had a room on the fourth floor and there was no noise from outside at all. Breakfast is not included in the price and that meant we could explore the local cafes. I highly recommend Urban Angel on Hanover Street. Excellent Eggs Benedict. The city bus tour, on the other hand, was poor. Commentary was idiosyncratic to say the least! But it provided a means to get out to the Royal Yacht Britannia - another fabulous attraction.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Paula B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Hotel Missoni. We really enjoyed the chance to look after you and your nephew for his 30th birthday. Many happy returns once again! It's great that you both had such a fabulous stay and I am pleased you managed to get out and enjoy what Edinburgh has to offer; you are right Urban Angel is a good place for breakfast! A top tip!

Please do not forget about us, spread the Missoni word and do get in touch if you would like to stay with us again. I hope you had a safe journey home,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed for a long weekend and enjoyed the stylish interiors and great service. Location was perfect and within easy walking distance of all the best attractions and lots of nice restaurants. We had breakfast out each day mainly because we don't like hotel breakfasts and would rather try out the local cafés. We found some excellent places down the road on north bridge. Try Elephant for a bohemian brunch! A couple of comments. Really appreciated the Nespresso machine in room. I have one at home so that was great. But would be good to provide hot milk without a room charge. Nespresso do free standing electric milk frothers for cappuccino which would be a great addition.
Also would love a rowing machine in the gym but now I'm just being picky! We are planning to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear competentcrew,

Thank you so much for your review following your stay with us in Edinburgh. I am delighted you had such a fabulous time in our wonderful city. Our Guest Services has a detailed understanding and relationship with many attractions, restaurants and bars in Edinburgh. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a unique “universal concierge” approach to service, meaning that our all staff are given the necessary knowledge of the local area to be able to recommend place to see and things to do, thus making our guests stays even more enjoyable and relaxing. Simply let us know what you like doing and we will do the rest! It’s that simple!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh in the future,

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel which was spotlessly clean and very chic! The location is perfect half way up the royal mile. One let down for us, being a 5star hotel, we did expect a pool, but were disappointed to discover there was none, should have checked first I guess. Breakfast was nice but when a bill was put on our table we were dismayed as we had pre paid?! We were told we were only allowed one hot option from the kitchen, and as we had ordered porridge and then bacon and eggs, we were charged £5.50 each for the porridge!! I would say this was ridiculous, any other 4 or 5star hotels I've stayed in breakfast was inclusive. So this was disappointing. That being said the hotel was lovely if a bit overpriced, and the staff were great. Had a great weekend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Heather B,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had a great weekend in Edinburgh. It is a shame, however, you were disappointed to discover that we do not have a pool at Hotel Missoni. Our sister property, the Radisson Blu on the Royal Mile, has pool facilities which we should have informed you of, my apologies is we didn’t.

Please also accept my apologies you were surprised about the breakfast charges on your bill. I assure you that we never intended to cause any surprise at all and I have forwarded your feedback onto our Restaurant Manager to follow up accordingly.

I do hope this has not put you off coming back in the future. If you would like to return or have any further feedback please do feel free to get in touch. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

After weeks of deliberating where to stay in Edinburgh, we decided on the Hotel Missoni. I have a disabled back/leg so comfort and location were top of the priority list. This is a fantastic boutique hotel located really close to the Castle on the Royal Mile. You are 2 mins from the castle / whisky tour, 2 mins from the Mound bridge which takes you to princes street and 5 min walk to Waverley bridge/station. The staff are really friendly and knowledgable and the rooms are of a really high standard. There is a spa also within the hotel. We were debating whether to stay at an apartment, but for a little bit more we got so much more by staying at the Missoni. This hotel is highly recommended if you want guaranteed comfort. A true 5* hotel. I also read on a few reviews that hotels such as the prestonfield and balmoral could be a little dated and you pay through the nose also.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel looks ont Arthur's seat if you are on floor 4 or above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jes C

Thank you so much for your all round review, following your stay with us in Edinburgh. I am so pleased you found our team to be so friendly and knowledgeable. One of our mission statements at Hotel Missoni is “to be the friendliest 5 star hotel in the world, “so it is very reassuring to read that this is reflected in your feedback. Our team has a true passion for providing friendly, professional, unique and personalised 5 star hospitality which makes us such a popular destination in the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please, remember to touch base with me directly and I will make sure that, you are once again, very well looked after.

Have a Sparkly Christmas and a very Happy New Year,