Spent three enjoyable days at the Hotel Missoni. It was to celebrate my retirement and my wife's birthday, so we splurged on a Maggiore room. It was very comfortable and had great views. Very impressed with the bathroom and walk-in shower. The breakfast was excellent, as it should be when you're paying 5-star prices. We ate at the Cucina restaurant one evening, also good.
A couple of minor irritations:
1. Apart from a couple of very small drawers and half a dozen coat hangers, there is nowhere to store your clothing. That's OK if you're staying for one night or don't mind living out of your suitcase, but we wanted to unpack our stuff.
2. An iPod connection is listed as one of the room features. But I couldn't figure out how it worked and had to phone Reception for assistance. Without going into the whole saga, I ended up speaking to six people before the problem was fixed (the following day). It took a while, but we got there in the end and we were able to spend a wet and windy Edinburgh afternoon in our nice room listening to Frank Sinatra crooning in the background.
Because of these two quibbles I swithered over whether to award a score of 4 or 5. But they were minor irritations and they didn't detract from our stay - so it's a 5. We enjoyed the Missoni Experience and have already recommended the hotel to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- G&V Royal Mile Hotel, Edinburgh is set in the heart of the capital on the historic Royal Mile. The hotel has breath-taking views over the Royal Mile, Edinburgh's Old Town, Arthur's Seat and even on to and across the Firth of Forth. Established as one of Scotland's most stylish five star hotels, G&V Hotel is known for warm, friendly, five star hospitality tailored to the individual. As part of the Quorvus Collection, G&V Royal Mile Hotel is a new generation of luxury combining contemporary design, a warm welcome and Scottish character. All 136 rooms and suites come with complimentary Wi-Fi, newspapers and Nespresso coffee and tea. Each room includes rain showers, generous bath products, LCD TV's with iPod and laptop connections, luxurious bathrobes and slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh Scotland