Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
US$323
US$214
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$92
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$126
US$118
Agoda.com
3,059 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

on arrival we were greeted warmly and with a smile by the charming doorman Aiden, once through the door that,s as good as it gets, it was the most unattentive, unfriendly stays i have ever experienced in any hotel, the rooms are certainly immaculate bright colourful and very chic, but the whole hotel lacks atmosphere in the bar & restaurant. Which leads me to the restaurant, table
booked for 8.30 pm 45mins before we got some bread & oil i presume this was to break the boredom 9.30 starter came with luke warm soup which i left. 10.15 with no sign of main course and not 1 person coming to our table we got up and left this was supposed to be a birthday treat. We adjourned to the bar plotting a carryout pizza, when Andy the bar manager offered some room service thinking it was better than nothing how wrong we were burger and french fries smoke salmon sandwiches needles to say our total consumption was a portion of french fries between us disgusting. obviously deciding not to go near the restaurant for breakfast as the check out was 12.0 am we opted for breakfast in bed,then the fun started, how to order breakfast, first phone reception ask for menu which will be a sheet of paper slid under your door
then write on paper what you want, tear a hole in paper hang on door and hope for the best. At checkout the duty Manager did her best to apologize, adjusted our bill accordingly and offered a free upgrade on our next visit, next visit there wont be one even if it was free, this was a special birthday visit ruined. P.S. THERE WAS EIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RESTAURANT.

2  Thank wdrain
James A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear wdrain,

Please accept my sincere and profuse apologies for the issues you faced whilst staying with us in Edinburgh. To say that we are disappointed is an understatement; we have not delivered on our usual friendly, professional and unique 5 star service that we have become known for in Edinburgh. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak to you on the phone so I can pass on my apologies to you once again. This is certainly not how we want to be remembered and not the memories that we know that we can deliver. I look forward to speaking to you soon with the hope that I may be able to address each of your points, as we should have done during your stay. I am contactable on 0131 220 6666,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The pros: one of the most stylish hotels we've enjoyed anywhere in the world. Friendly staff. An excellent location off the Royal Mile, within easy walking distance of Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle. Clean and comfortable.

The cons:
• Our key cards failed on the second day and had to be renewed at Reception. The same happened to a couple sharing our lift who had only just checked in. The lifts themselves are card-operated so the problem will hopefully be immediately apparent – unless, of course, you're riding with others and don't discover the problem until you've reached your room.

• The room lights are key-operated: admirable insofar as it means you can't inadvertently leave them on, but possibly baffling to older visitors as you have to work it out for yourselves.

• We arrived after 10pm to discover that the only vegetarian option available via room service was houmous with crudités. While this is forgivable given the lateness of the hour, it was disappointing to discover that the breakfast menu has no cooked vegetarian option and the buffet table has no soya milk or yoghurt. The breakfast room itself is somewhat soulless compared to other communal areas in the hotel.

• The television – at an unhelpful angle to the bed in our corner room – is far too clever for its own good. Working through the options and viewing menus is extremely laborious, and the remote (on which the "off" button is unmarked, meaning we had to call Reception to ask how to turn the damn thing off) has a mind of its own: it kept turning the TV on, so I eventually gave up and unplugged it. (This might explain why the TV was on when we first entered the room.)

• The coffee machine in the room baffled my customarily very practical spouse, even after we again contacted Reception to enquire how to turn it on (the user guide mentions the power button on the front but not a concealed one on the back that has to be turned on first). The gentlemen on Reception who checked us out said they receive calls "every morning" asking how to operate these contraptions – a ridiculous state of affairs.

• The mini-bar selection was underwhelming and included a chocolate bar that looked like it had been sat on.

• Had we stayed longer than a weekend, and thus had more clothes with us, the lack of hanging space may have been an issue.

• Having been assured at check-in that the pay-TV films and programmes were free with our package, they were included on our final bill. They were removed without argument, but ought not to have appeared in the first place.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay – but, for the money we spent, expected a more luxurious and niggle-free experience. For that reason, we will stay elsewhere on our next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear BMacDLondon,

Thank you very much for your detailed review following your staying with us in Edinburgh. Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the style of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff, it is disappointing that your stay was not as seamless and enjoyable as we know it should have been. Needless to say, I have already passed on your comments to our management team who are committed to ensuring that each point raised is addressed carefully so that we can continue to provide the very best for our guests.

It is a great shame that you experienced maintenance issues with your key cards, television and your coffee machine in your room for which I apologise profusely. I appreciate how frustrating it must have been for you, so since your feedback we have ensured that this has been thoroughly checked in your allocated room so that the same does not occur for our future guests.

Thank you once again for your sincere feedback. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni anytime in the future and I am sure that we will be able to make up for not getting it 100% right on your first stay with us. Please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you have any further feedback or if you would like to book again,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Ideally located next to the Royal Mile, Hotel Missoni is not completely what I expected with a five-star experience. Brightly coloured with a modern theme throughout (so be warned if you're a fan of cream walls and antique furniture), the room was well equipped, particularly with mirrors if you are one who likes to admire yourself whilst sat on the toilet. You could also listen to the television in the bathroom, just in case you wanted to hear what was going on during 'Pointless' as you showered...

The staff who dealt with us on the front desk were extremely helpful and the breakfast was decent, though wouldn't be overly impressed if I'd paid for it separately. The buffet offered a lot of options (never too early to eat a doughnut in my book) but the cooked Scottish breakfast was just okay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Rob L,

I am very pleased you had such a great stay with us in Edinburgh. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and other Tripadvisor users which will no doubt ensure that we provide superior service in the future. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon and I am sure that we will impress you enough for you to award us with the illusive 5th Tripadvisor star next time. I hope you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I booked a one night stay at the Missoni for a birthday treat and was thoroughly disappointed with the whole experience.

The one positive thing I can say is that the colourful décor is unmistakably Missoni...but that is where the positive comments end.

Rude dismissive door men on arrival, a lengthy check in process, an obligatory £100 pre authorisation on your credit card which isn't mentioned when you book, a ridiculously long wait for a cocktail in their lovely bar (Which by the way was pretty quiet) and the Prosecco in your room not being there until about 5pm!

And now for the worst part of all...dinner in Cucina. Words cannot describe how awful this experience was. Horrendous service, no attention to detail and bland food. We were in the restaurant for 3 hours, not because it was amazing but because there was an average of one course served per hour. The wine we ordered took half an hour to arrive and when it did it had lipstick marks and a soapy residue. This was replaced when requested, but should never have been served.

Breakfast was a similar fiasco, buffet service with plenty of cakes but if you have a healthier approach to your diet you might struggle. Eggs are cooked to order but served with no presentation which to be honest is not acceptable in a 5* hotel

Overall I would advise against visiting the Missoni and certainly will never return.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Luizeph

Dear Luizeph,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review after your stay with us in Edinburgh. Unfortunately it is very clear on this occasion that we let you down, by falling well short of your expectations and not delivering the service that we know we can. Please accept my profuse apologies. I would really appreciate the chance to speak to you on the telephone so I can apologise in person for your experience, however I am struggling to identify the reservation from your Tripadvisor profile. Please can I kindly ask that you get in touch with me directly at your earliest convenience so that I can discuss your feedback directly, with the hope that I may be able to restore your faith in Hotel Missoni. Rest assured, we rigorously addressed the shortfalls of your stay with our entire team. I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in Edinburgh and stayed at the Missoni while there. It was a very enjoyable experience. The hotel is located in a great part of Edinburgh, literally steps from the Royal mile, Edinburgh castle, Victoria street, Grassmarket and some of the prettiest streets I have ever seen. New Town is an easy walk away, or a super short taxi ride.

The staff were super friendly and helpful from arrival to departure, a special thanks to Danny at the door and Ann, one of the managers. I booked the wrong size bed and Ann was very accommodating about the change. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't speak to that, but we did have a drink at the bar one night and the service was very good there, as well. The cocktail list looked good, but we ordered whisky so I can't recommend a specific one.

Our room was nice. It was clean and well appointed. Both the bedroom and bathroom were a good size. The view out the window was a pretty Edinburgh rooftops landscape with Arthur's Seat adding to the mix. It was pretty quiet with no street noise heard from the room. We were in room 422.

The only thing I can say critically of the property is that perhaps it is time for a little sprucing up. Some of the public spaces felt a little shabby or in need of a little freshening up, like the carpet whose seam is starting to show outside the 4th floor elevator. But I definitely would not let that deter me from staying here again or recommending it to friends. It's a great place to base yourself when visiting Edinburgh!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear nycadventurer,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are all delighted you had such a positive experience and that you were so well looked after by our team. I have passed on your feedback to Dan and Ann who really appreciated you singling out their great individual service. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni soon, please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will make sure that you are offered the best available rates and that you are well looked after once again,