“dissapointed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
paisley
“dissapointed”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here Saturday to Sunday there, the service was appauling, 90 minutes for 2 courses, not one person asked if we enjoyed our stay/food.. nothing.

£8 for a bottle of sparkling water!!!

marks on the walls in our room, paint all chipped, bathrobes had the threads dangling from them.

2 Thank sammcg4
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Sammcg4,

It is with great disappointment that you did not enjoy your stay with us in Edinburgh and that you felt you received sub standard service during you meal with us in Cucina. Please accept my sincere apologies that were not able to get everything right. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously which will no doubt ensure we provide superior service in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to speak to me directly on the phone about your stay and that we left it on amicable terms,

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visted this hotel for 1 night. The location is good and the welcome by reception staff is ok.
The atmosphere in bar and restaurant is not very special. The quality of the food in the restaurant is very dispappointing. the service is slow and not well organized, while it was not busy at all. Long wait to take the order and to get the food. The room has a lot of extra's but it covers not the basic quality of the room. The pillows are cheap and soft, the wooden floor looks badly maintained, the TV has limited stations. There are far too many colors used in the room and in the whole hotel. It drives you crazy! Design is good, but over the top looks very cheap!! The breakfast service was bad. No welcome, limited buffet offering, cold tea and no guest contact at all. This is not a 5* but more a 3-4* hotel. A lot of attentions was given to create a very colorfull, busy design (too many coliors, patterns etc.) but it lacked quality comfort!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Alfred B
Dear Alfred B,

I am truly disappointed that you have left Hotel Missoni feeling let down by your experience. This is certainly not the level of service that we want to be remembered for, or what we are used. Please accept my sincere apologies that your weekend did not turn out as you would have expected. I would seriously appreciate the opportunity to apologise to you directly about your experience over the phone. Unfortunately I am unable to identify your profile in our system from your tripadvisor user name. Would you be able to give me a call at your earliest convenience with the hope that I might be able to restore your faith in Hotel Missoni. I look forward to hearing from you,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Very happy with a recent 3 night stay in the Missoni. Very stylish set up and we found it extremely comfortable with friendly and proactive staff. Its got a good Italian restaurant if you are feeling lazy but is in a superb position to explore the Old Town and its sundry attraqctions. Would be awesome during the festival but cannot imagine you would get the very reasonable rates we got in Feb. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lewis_Ma_48
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Lewis_Ma_48, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel and have taken the time to share it with us! We aim to provide excellent and friendly service consistently in every department and your comments will be definitively shared with the whole team. The hotel really is located in the prime spot in Edinburgh and whether you are here to catch up with friends and family or on a business trip, there are plenty of things to do and see in the vicinity of the hotel. We hope to see you again, perhaps in August as it is such an amazing time to visit Edinburgh with so many things going on. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can help you with. Best regards, Henna Kapulainen Assistant Guest Services Manager
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Missoni and it was amazing.

From the moment we came in through the doors to the moment we left.

Amazing food, great service - I dont know why people whine so much in previous comments there crazy - the location is amazing and also the spa treatments where to die for!!

.My partner and I loved our treatments.

Room was lovely and clean and had everything we needed.

Excellent location!!

We will be back thank you Hotel Missoni :)))

Room Tip: suits are amazing - all rooms are faB1
1 Thank VictoriaW1
Dear VictoriaW1, Thank you so much for your fantastic comments; it is always great to receive positive feedback! I am pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend tried our lovely Spa Missoni as well, its treatments truly are a treat and you feel well rested afterwards. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in not too distant future and please get in touch with me directly if there is anything I can assist you with. Have a lovely start of March! Kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager
Ardrishaig, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in Saturday for the night with my boyfriend after getting a great deal. The service was brilliant and so friendly the minute we stepped through the door. The rooms were amazing and very comfortable. I would also recommend the restaurant cucina attached to the hotel - the food was delicious!!!! Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Kate S,

Thank you so much! I am so pleased you had such a fabulous stay with your boyfriend and that you had a chance to eat in our award winning Italian Restaurant Cucina. We cannot wait to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni soon, please let me know when you will be returning and we will all be delighted to look after you once again!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would like to pass on my experience after staying in your hotel on Saturday the 23.02.2014 after being relocated from the Radison Blu due to over capacity issues (despite our advanced booking)

Both my partner and I had come to Edinburgh to celebrate a very special evening and understandably where quite disheartened after being told the Radison had no room for us on our arrival... However we were informed we had been booked in with yourselves at the Missoni.

Our stay from start to finish was exemplary, even down to the finest levels of detail. Can you please pass on our extreme thanks and gratitude to ALL of your professional and attentive staff who continually went above and beyond to accommodate our stay with a first class service and a smile (a true credit to the hotel)

Our stay was very special for us both indeed and I firmly believe 90% of hotels can learn allot from your example.

A truly memorable stay and experience for us both.

Thank you.

1 Thank Haines-Andy
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs Haines,

Thank you so much for your kind comments once again. We really enjoyed your unexpected visit to Hotel Missoni and I am delighted that you felt so welcome and at home staying with us. I have personally passed on your feedback to the team who are truly grateful.

Please feel free to get in touch with me when you are next planning a trip to Edinburgh and I will be delighted to look after you both once again,

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Spent the weekend in edinburgh and wanted something a little different. This was in a great location just off the hight street, close to Royal mile. Handy for Grassmarket bars and restaurants. Parking is a pain so book in advance and drop off with valet at the door. if they are fully booked they have arrangement with closeby hotel. Thought room was lovely - full length windows looking over Edinburgh. Great to have what I call proper coffee available - Nespresso machine plus selection of capsules. Watch though with the half bottle of wine which is sitting out beside the water - we were in a Superior room so thought this was part of the perks - mistaken! Was sent a quite abrupt letter on the subject but in fairness when we spoke to the hotel directly they were very apologetic and offered upgrade for next time. Cocktail bar busy and pretty vibrant. Great selection of cocktails but can take ages to get served because of the time to make the cocktails! Would recommend!

Dear LindasScotland,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you were able to make use of our valet parking service. For the benefit of other Tripadvisor users, we have a few secure and cctv'd parking spaces underneath the hotel and run the service at £35 per night. Our kilted doormen will help guests into the hotel with their bags and swiftly whisk cars away to be safely parked until it is required again.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion with the minibar items in your room however I am pleased that we were able to speak to you directly about the matter. It is great that you will be recommending us to others. Thank you once again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon,