“Fab stay!”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The decor of the room was super chic! Love the state of the art Bang and Olsen TV and walk in rain shower. All items in room of the highest spec and H Missoni does live up to its 5 star status. I thought the fresh milk in the fridge was an extra nice touch as most hotels provide UHT milk which tastes yucky! The staff were attentive to all requests and v willing to please. Continental breakfast was sufficient and fresh and no need for a cooked breakfast. Didn't try Cucina's food but perhaps next time. Would recommend this hotel for those seeking a bit of Italiano luxury.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandie C
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Sandie C, I would like to thank you for your amazing review! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Hotel Missoni on you recent visit to Edinburgh. If you are planning on returning to the city, please let me know and I am more than happy to help you and be your point of contact at the hotel! With kind regards,
Henna Kapulainen
Assistant Guest Services Manager

There are newer reviews for G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh

Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a gorgeous hotel. We stayed for a weekend in January and loved every minute. The rooms are beautiful, very spacious, very clean and the modern designs really make it stand out. The location is great and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Not being from the area the staff went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. The bar is also worth checking out. Overall the Missoni is a huge recommendation!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charl0tte_1992

Dear Charl0tte_1992, Thank you very much for your five star review and your wonderful comments! Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend away in January, hope the weather treated you well too? We hope to see you back at Hotel Missoni in not too distant future. Have a lovely start of March, With kind regards,
Henna Kapulainen
Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was booked into this hotel with my wife for a night as a gift for Christmas (we were going to a show at theatre) the room was very comfortable robes , slippers supplied and also nespresso coffee machine in room also free morning paper ,staff were also very helpful and the breakfast selection was very good cooked , fruit cereals would visit again but would need to be on a special rate . Only down side would be extortionate prices for items from mini bar in room £2.50 for normal sized bag of crisps , £13 for half bottle of wine ???

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Paulstewart348,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Hotel Missoni. I am very pleased to read that you had such a great overall experience and that you found the room amenities so appealing. I am sorry however that you felt the minbar prices were expensive. I hope this does not deter you from coming back and enjoying out Missoni hospitality in the future. We look forward to the opportunity to look after you once again,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Missoni hotel décor is fabulous and the food did not disappoint
beautifully presented ,friendly helpful service and not too pricey
lovely for a special occasion.
very easily accessible from Waverly station

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jackie L,

Thank you so much for your short but sweet review of Hotel Missoni. Absolutely delighted you had such a positive experience with us in Edinburgh and cannot wait to welcome you back in the future. Please get in touch with me if you are planning another trip to Scotland,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lovely hotel, great location. There seems to be a number of poor reviews regarding the breakfast but we found the service to be excellent and there was plenty to choose from on the buffet and our cooked breakfast was lovely. Reason it lost a star - electric shocks whenever we touched anything in the corridors, especially the lift (apparently a problem with the new carpet), and when we arrived back from a long day of sightseeing at around 3.30pm our room still hadn't been cleaned, so we ended up having to vacate the room whilst housekeeping came, delaying our afternoon nap and resulting in an even larger bar bill!! There was a minor discrepancy with the bill but this was resolved immediately and politely.
Loved the Nespresso machine in the room rather than the usual crappy Nescafé sachets that are normally provided!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Beckopt,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased you had a great stay with us in Edinburgh and that you felt the hotel was ideally situated. We are located in the heart of the city on the royal mile only a stone’s throw away from the many major attractions that our wonderful city has to offer.

It is however a shame that we missed out on receiving the illusive 5th star rating on this forum after you encountered a few niggles. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni in order to make it up to you. Honestly, we really enjoyed the chance to look after you and cannot wait for your return; do please get in touch with me directly if you are planning another trip. I hope you had a safe journey home,

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks beautiful from outside but when I checked in (which took 10mins in a five star hotel) I was shocked to find the bathroom was missing. Yes the Oxford dictionary states that a bathroom is "A room containing a bath and usually also a washbasin and a toilet" however although they clearly advertise their rooms come with a bathroom don't be fooled as its a shower room and NOT a bathroom so if you want a nice relaxing bath this is not the place. After speaking to the manager who to be fair was very nice but failed to apologise she upgraded us to a room that did have a bath. Everything seemed to be going well except in the evening when I looked at my pillow. It had someone else's old blood on (please see pics that will be uploaded) I left it out for the cleaners thinking that it will be taken away but noo it just had a new case on and popped into the wardrobe so if you check into room 512 please check your pillow. After finding this I checked out the duvet which again had a horrible big stain on. ( again please see pictures). Even tho upgraded cud use no facilities of upgraded room such a films ect when I contacted reception. Room needs a good spruce up as scruffy. Made to feel like we should be grateful for the room even tho it had quite clearly been missold. Booked through Expedia and room still described on there as with a bathroom! Not a shower room! Breakfast on the other hand very nice and reception area very modern just special occasion ruined and definitely would have booked another hotel if advertised how it should be.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank atrutter

Dear atrutter,

I am so disappointed to read your comments having thought that you had been very pleased with the upgrade and complimentary bath oils we offered during your stay. We do mention that we have no baths in all our rooms on our website however since your review I have actioned an urgent review of our information so that this is made clear to all our guests.

There however is no excuse for the maintenance issues and the housekeeping shortfalls that you experienced. We take all of our feedback very seriously at Hotel Missoni and rest assured that we have taken the necessary steps to rectify this.

I would like to touch base with you directly so I can apologise in person. Please can you let me know the best number to contact you on so that I might be able to restore you faith in Hotel Missoni,
Apologies once again,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I quite liked this hotel. Greeting on arrival was very friendly and when I couldn't connect to the Wifi they were helpful. It's the kind of place where everything is a bit "funky"; you get a leaflet with all of the details about your room / services etc.

I had a "missoni" room and to be honest it was a lovely room - very clean, lots of nice extras like free chilled water, Nespresso machine, nice toiletries, nice towels, slippers etc. The bar area was pleasant for a drink (even on my own) and the staff were very polite - great service.

I ordered room service; it was ok, not great, but we have an amazing Italian near to where I live, so in fairness I was probably never going to rate the food here as good as our local (because it's not)...

I'm giving the hotel very good and not excellent because...for my personal taste it's a bit too much of a "try hard" hotel. Everything is very coordinated and matching and I'm more of a traditionalist!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear spremmynemmy,

Thank you very much for your 4 star review following your stay with us in Edinburgh. I am pleased that you had a good stay overall and would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our service please do not hesitate to get in touch,