“Dinner at Cucina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Dinner at Cucina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited the hotel on the 13th of February to celebrate my partner's birthday. I was not sure if we would get a table at the restaurant as it would be taken over by couples celebrating their love. But we did!

We had first a drink at the bar before dinner and then head upstairs. The guys at the bar told us to do not worry about the bill as they would add it to our dinner. Nice touch! Nothing to worry then. We booked an early dinner as you need to be realistic when you try to book places at the very last minute.

We were welcomed and taken to our table, offered appertives and menus. We kindly accepted and then we started enjoying. We had starters, mains and fried courgettes as side dishes (must have them) so therefore we spent a good 2 hours in the restaurant.

I had a great time with different wines for starters and mains. I have been reading reviews saying that service is slow but in my opinion if I go to ENJOY dinner I would expect to be at least 2 hours in a restaurant. People has been writting that service is slow but I do not go to restaurants to be rushed and out in an hour! I go there to enjoy the time and talk with my partner. If you do not like the concept of talking, relax and enjoy a nice dinner without being rushed, maybe then Cucina is not your place.

Will be back many times as I have been before.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JosePLP
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear JosePLP, I am very happy to hear that you had an amazing experience in our Cucina restaurant when celebrating your partner’s birthday. It is indeed ideal place for indulgent and relaxed dinner; you can just sit back and enjoy the excellent food and drinks. I hope we will see you at the hotel very soon, even if you are popping in for a nice refreshing cocktail. With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My family and i stayed at the start of December and although the hotel was very busy they was exceptionally attentive to us throughout our stay. Also the rooms are beautiful with incredible views of the city and its perfectly located. Breakfast was delicious and again the staff here were more that friendly and helpful.

One of the best stays at a hotel ive had and i would and i do constantly recommend this place to all!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dazaroo32
Dear Dazaroo32, Thank you very much for your five star comments! December is such a nice time to visit Edinburgh and most of our rooms give you a spectacular view over the city. I am glad to hear that you had fantastic time! Please let me know if you are planning on returning to Edinburgh and I will more than happy to help you. Best wishes, Henna Kapulainen ,Assistant Guest Services Manager
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I went with my partner and our friends, our rooms were gorgeous. Ours looked over the Royal Mile and theirs has a roof top view where you could see over to Arthur's seat and the sea. The staff were really friendly and if you get a chance to try their Spa their staff and treatments are amazing. Cucina's food was definitely worth it's 5 stars. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rowan M
Dear Rowan M, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad to hear that you dined in our Cucina restaurant; the new menu is full of mouth watering Italian dishes! Have a great start for the spring and hope to see you soon! With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is a fab hotel!! Loved every bit from the kilted welcome to dinner at Cucina!! Staff are super too, Ann, at the reception area was so helpful! Will deffo be back for seconds!

The bedrooms are lovely and the decor is just fantastic! Great mini bar!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SOLOMCC
Dear SOLOMCC, thank you for your five stars review and that you have taken the time to share it with everyone! I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! I will make sure that your comments will be passed on to the whole team and especially to Ann who you mentioned on your review. Hope to see you soon back again at Hotel Missoni! With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen Assistant Guest Services Manager
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

The decor of the room was super chic! Love the state of the art Bang and Olsen TV and walk in rain shower. All items in room of the highest spec and H Missoni does live up to its 5 star status. I thought the fresh milk in the fridge was an extra nice touch as most hotels provide UHT milk which tastes yucky! The staff were attentive to all requests and v willing to please. Continental breakfast was sufficient and fresh and no need for a cooked breakfast. Didn't try Cucina's food but perhaps next time. Would recommend this hotel for those seeking a bit of Italiano luxury.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandie C
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Sandie C, I would like to thank you for your amazing review! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Hotel Missoni on you recent visit to Edinburgh. If you are planning on returning to the city, please let me know and I am more than happy to help you and be your point of contact at the hotel! With kind regards,
Henna Kapulainen
Assistant Guest Services Manager
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a gorgeous hotel. We stayed for a weekend in January and loved every minute. The rooms are beautiful, very spacious, very clean and the modern designs really make it stand out. The location is great and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Not being from the area the staff went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. The bar is also worth checking out. Overall the Missoni is a huge recommendation!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charl0tte_1992
Dear Charl0tte_1992, Thank you very much for your five star review and your wonderful comments! Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend away in January, hope the weather treated you well too? We hope to see you back at Hotel Missoni in not too distant future. Have a lovely start of March, With kind regards,
Henna Kapulainen
Assistant Guest Services Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was booked into this hotel with my wife for a night as a gift for Christmas (we were going to a show at theatre) the room was very comfortable robes , slippers supplied and also nespresso coffee machine in room also free morning paper ,staff were also very helpful and the breakfast selection was very good cooked , fruit cereals would visit again but would need to be on a special rate . Only down side would be extortionate prices for items from mini bar in room £2.50 for normal sized bag of crisps , £13 for half bottle of wine ???

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Paulstewart348,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Hotel Missoni. I am very pleased to read that you had such a great overall experience and that you found the room amenities so appealing. I am sorry however that you felt the minbar prices were expensive. I hope this does not deter you from coming back and enjoying out Missoni hospitality in the future. We look forward to the opportunity to look after you once again,

Kind regards,