“NOT BAD”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the proximity to the castle and easy access to the attractions of Edinburgh. The rooms are modern and stark in style but at the same time are clean and comfortable. This hotel is fine for maybe 2 nights but I would not suggest a lengthy stay. The staff are helpful and attentive. The only complaint was that the AV equipment in the conference room failed on both days which was disruptive at the time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonSunseeker22
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear LondonSunseeker22, Thank you for your comments and taking the time to share it with all of us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Hotel Missoni! I do apologise for the technical issues you experienced in our conference facilities, if I may ask you to contact me directly and we could discuss this in person. With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,948)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was a great surprise i went for my birthday arranged by my partner it was outstanding the service we wer stayin for a night out and to go to a show we are young and great with us and obviously we wer drinkin and i took a notion for mash potato lol and at 3 oclock were more then happy to oblige and as it was my birthday the gave us a comlamentry blubery tart and a birthday card amazing well worth the money ovo expensive but lived up to the standard great sleep too

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Steph C
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Steph C, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us! I am so glad to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us and you had a great birthday visit to Edinburgh. We hope to see you again, please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Best wishes, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here in December 2013 with my wife for a long weekend having never visited Edinburgh. The location of the hotel is perfect, nice walk to the castle and also a short walk to the German/Scottish Market (at Xmas time of year). Parking is available which saves the hassel of trying to park anywere else. The rooms are great, can tell this is a new hotel, Couldn't fault the service, with complementary drinks from the mini bar and free movies on the TV. Beds are comfy and the shower is great!. Loved this hotel and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tal B
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Tal S, Thank you for taking the time to write your five star review, it is always nice to get great feedback from our guests! Christmas time is truly magical in Edinburgh with so many things to do and experience. If you haven’t been in the city in warmer months though, I can highly recommend visiting the city then too! Please let me know if you are planning on coming back to Edinburgh, I would be more than happy assist you with everything. With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had high expectations of my first stay at the hotel Missoni and was not disappointed. From our initial greeting to our departure the staff were unfailingly attentive, nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was beautifully appointed and decorated in the designer's unique signature patterns. We especially enjoyed the complimentary toiletries, funky slippers and the very comfortable bed after a long day's sightseeing. We then enjoyed a delicious evening meal and were especially impressed by the wines on offer. Once again the service was impeccable.

All in all we had a fantastic break in fabulous surroundings attended to by prfessional , friendly staff. We'll be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mabs B

Dear Mabs B, Thank you very much for your nice comments! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am sure that everyone in our team will be happy to hear your lovely comments about our staff and their professionalism. Hope it won’t be too late until you will be back, looking forward to welcoming you again to the hotel in the future! With best wishes, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Missoni, Edinburgh for the night in February 2014 and had an amazing time!

We were staying in a brilliant suite on the 5th floor.. The huge bath tub and pink decor was definitely to my girlfriends taste! The suite was well laid out with everything you could need and was very cosy!

All the staff throughout our stay were friendly, helpful and very approachable. Nothing was too much trouble!

We had dinner in Hotel Missoni's restaurant Cucina and were very happy with the service and the meals we had. The pleasent surpise of complimentary prosecco also went down very well. All the waiters were great and couldn't do more for us.

My girlfriend had pre organised a trip to the spa, which she was very excited about and it definitely delivered! I was a little apprehensive as I had never been to a spa before but I was so surprised and pleased at how relaxed we were made to feel. We were both booked in for full body Deep Tissue massages and we were both extremely pleased with our treatments. Our therapists Rebecca and Heather were so kind and took the time to get to know our needs and explained the treatments before hand which was great! They were both extremely helpful and very professional throughout our visit and made us feel right at home.

I would highly recommended Hotel Missoni not only for its prefect location in Edinburghs city center but for the fabulous staff, beautiful views and great atmosphere.

From two very happy customers!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank GB195
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear GB195, Thank you very much for your excellent review and I am glad to hear that you and your girlfriend had great experience with us! I am so pleased to hear that you got to enjoy it in one of our Missoni suites on the top floor, they truly are amazing and offer fantastic views over the city. Our Spa Missoni is like a little haven in the city and you really feel very relaxed afterwards! I am sure both Rebecca and Heather will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed their treatments. Please come and see us soon again! Best wishes, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited the hotel on the 13th of February to celebrate my partner's birthday. I was not sure if we would get a table at the restaurant as it would be taken over by couples celebrating their love. But we did!

We had first a drink at the bar before dinner and then head upstairs. The guys at the bar told us to do not worry about the bill as they would add it to our dinner. Nice touch! Nothing to worry then. We booked an early dinner as you need to be realistic when you try to book places at the very last minute.

We were welcomed and taken to our table, offered appertives and menus. We kindly accepted and then we started enjoying. We had starters, mains and fried courgettes as side dishes (must have them) so therefore we spent a good 2 hours in the restaurant.

I had a great time with different wines for starters and mains. I have been reading reviews saying that service is slow but in my opinion if I go to ENJOY dinner I would expect to be at least 2 hours in a restaurant. People has been writting that service is slow but I do not go to restaurants to be rushed and out in an hour! I go there to enjoy the time and talk with my partner. If you do not like the concept of talking, relax and enjoy a nice dinner without being rushed, maybe then Cucina is not your place.

Will be back many times as I have been before.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosePLP

Dear JosePLP, I am very happy to hear that you had an amazing experience in our Cucina restaurant when celebrating your partner’s birthday. It is indeed ideal place for indulgent and relaxed dinner; you can just sit back and enjoy the excellent food and drinks. I hope we will see you at the hotel very soon, even if you are popping in for a nice refreshing cocktail. With kind regards, Henna Kapulainen, Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My family and i stayed at the start of December and although the hotel was very busy they was exceptionally attentive to us throughout our stay. Also the rooms are beautiful with incredible views of the city and its perfectly located. Breakfast was delicious and again the staff here were more that friendly and helpful.

One of the best stays at a hotel ive had and i would and i do constantly recommend this place to all!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dazaroo32

Dear Dazaroo32, Thank you very much for your five star comments! December is such a nice time to visit Edinburgh and most of our rooms give you a spectacular view over the city. I am glad to hear that you had fantastic time! Please let me know if you are planning on returning to Edinburgh and I will more than happy to help you. Best wishes, Henna Kapulainen ,Assistant Guest Services Manager