Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$305
  • Room Service
Dakota Edinburgh(South Queensferry)
US$126
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Pool
US$335
US$280
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
  • Restaurant
US$224
US$181
  • Breakfast included
3,025 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our second stay at the missoni due to a fantastic first trip with excellent facilities including a spa where the therapists were second to none and the bar staff both mixologists and service staff outstanding. When I saw a deal online I grabbed it to return. Unfortunately it will be the last visit to the missoni which saddens me as I had such high expectations for the return visit.
The hotel in terms of style, cleanliness, quirkiness and location can not be faulted however the dismal experience at breakfast on both days is enough not to return. We were given advance notice to avoid the busy period 10-11am for breakfast. On the first day, we went down at 9.40am. Asked to sit with others in a holding room until a table was ready. Would have expected some coffee at least while we waited. There was little order to the proceedings, no room no's taken. When we did get a table we noted the amount of free tables with dirty dishes on. The second day we went down at 9.30am. We stood to be seated for a long time, not a good start again. The buffet was disgraceful. No bowls for cereal, serving dishes empty, no food replenished, juice jugs empty. As I couldn't see anyone in charge I spoke to reception who said they would call the restaurant. The buffet was partly replenished after approx 20 mins by which time the notion had gone. We spoke with others at breakfast who spoke of asking for coffee 3 times and asking for the buffet food to be replenished. We did see a worker going around the tables asking if breakfast was ok? He didn't come to our table? To be honest I didn't want to hear his excuses. There are no excuses for poor service in a 5 star hotel charging approx £300 per night. Hope they get it sorted, it's a pity when one part of a hotel brings the rest down. A quick response to reviewer Michael M. It was unfortunate you felt you had a disappointing stay in the bar however I found your prejudice remarks re feminists being single and fat quite insulting and feel it breaches trip advisors family friendly policy. Your remarks had hateful undertones. I hope trip advisor review your comments. Unfortunately the missoni managers response was weak and did not challenge your views.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room with views of the city rooftops. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Dizer2014,

Please accept my sincere apologies your stay was spoilt by your breakfast experiences. What makes your review even more disappointing is that your decision to stay again was on the back of a fabulous 1st stay, so you are fully aware of our 5 star service capabilities. I would like the opportunity to address your feedback directly so ask that you get in touch with me on 0131 220 6666 with the hope that we might be able to restore your faith in Hotel Missoni. As ever, your feedback is hugely important to us and the necessary steps have been taken to ensure your dining experience is not repeated. I look forward to hearing from your directly,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Ok www, if you like traditional decor or cheap then maybe not the hotel for you but if you like a hotel that is modern where the hairdryer actually works and provides a coffee maker for proper coffee with real milk then look no further. This hotel is a really nice place to stay and has a great vibe to it. The breakfast was excellent and my wife was very impressed with the her spa treatment. But what really sets this hotel apart was the staff, especially the doorman and reception staff, they could not have been more friendly or helpful. My only minor complaint is that you did have a gym at the hotel but no mention of it on your website. We will definitely stay here again next visit to Edinburgh, which isn't too shabby a city either.

Dear stephen I,

Thank you very much for your glowing 5 star review following your stay. Nothing pleases us more at Hotel Missoni, than guests who have had a real 5 star experience and I am delighted to read that we have ticked all your boxes. Our famous Missoni kilted doormen are the friendliest in Edinburgh and have a detailed understanding of where to go and what to do to make the most of our wonderful city. Please come and visit again soon! Thank you once again for taking the time to post your experience online!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had an excellent 4 night stay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly at every turn. The hotel decor was fun and just what you'd expect from Missoni. We were even pretty delighted with the bathrobes. The location is very good for walking around the city and if you're not feeling so ambitious there is a taxi stand right outside the door.

Room Tip: Lovely views from the rooms facing High Street over the skyline.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Geewhiz3,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am absolutely delighted you had such a fabulous stay with us in Edinburgh and that you were so well looked after by our staff. We are very fortunate to have such a great team at Hotel Missoni and it is reviews like yours that make it all worthwhile, it why we do what we do! I cannot wait to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni in the future. Call direct for the best deals!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was our first visit to the Missoni. My husband & I got this as a birthday present. The staff couldn't do enough for us, especially Antonio & Pasquale. I am a very fussy eater & they went out of their way to make something that wasn't on the menu for me without having to even ask. We would definitely recommend this hotel & look forward to returning.
Rena & Peter

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Rena and Peter,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about Antonio and Pasquale. I have made sure that your feedback has been passed on to them personally and that they have been commended for looking after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice hotel with Italian styling and restaurant just a stone throw's away from The Castle. 5 minutes walk down the hill to Waverly or south to the University of Edinburgh's George Square as well. The rooms and bathrooms are not big but perfectly functional and comfortable. The front desk is knowledgeable and responsive to requests and dealing with unexpected problems. Had nice view of gothic rooftops. Would definitely return as my son will be going to university in Scotland.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Westcoastboy181,

We really appreciate you sharing your comments with us, following your experience in Edinburgh. Please get in touch with me directly when you son starts at University in Scotland. I would be delighted to look after your reservation for you and hope that Hotel Missoni becomes your "home away from home" when you come up to visit.