“Great locale!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great locale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Hotel Missoni was a great experience! Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed them all. This hotel is conveniently located between the Royal Mile and the Grassmarket area of Edinburgh. Every employee at the hotel was super friendly, the price was right, and my wife enjoyed a massage at their spa. If you're heading to Edinburgh and looking to see everything touristy in the city or just to hit some pubs, Hotel Missoni is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Not near the gym. Treadmills give off some noise early morning. Gym opens at 9 but someone felt the...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear HotelStayinGuy,

I am so pleased you had such a wonderful time with us in Edinburgh and that you were so well looked after by the best team in the world. We all care passionately about everyone one of our guests to ensure that expectations are delivered each and every time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very nice, clean, stylish hotel. Great location.Very helpful, friendly reception staff. Not so much in the bar, got served without being really acknowledged by the barman but the lady was very friendly.
room was great , we had a lovely view . Brilliant shower.comfy bed, good room service. Didn't bother with the minibar -was to pricey4 us, only bad points was the room was very hot even with air conditioningand other guests said the same,I would also not drink at the bar again , just not for me, and I was short measured on my pricey drink:( my fault 4 not speaking up.
I would happily stay again, id just skip the bar. Very nice hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kelly S
Dear kelly S,

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience at Hotel Missoni. I am sorry that you felt you were not looked after as we would have expected at Bar Missoni. We take all feedback very seriously and needless to say your feedback has been circulated accordingly. It is a shame that you left without informing us of your time in the bar. We would always want to be informed of any comments as soon as possible. Should you wish to stay again please do get in touch with me personally and I will make sure that everything is perfect next time.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed in a few really nice hotels in Edinburgh city centre but Hotel Missoni is by far my favourite. Situated just off the Royal Mile, the location is great, so close to lots of the sights and the shopping areas. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the decor is amazing, so bold and funky and the bar is fab with lots of tasty cocktails and Prosecco on tap ... what more could you ask for? If you have time, a visit to the spa is a must. I had a pedicure and it was easily the best pedicure I've ever had. It was so much more than simple maintenance. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a cool and funky stay whilst in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor with floor to ceiling windows along one wall which looked right out o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GDoherty79
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear GDoherty79,

We LOVE your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of your experience in Edinburgh. I am absolutely delighted you felt so at home in your favorite hotel. You are very welcome back to Hotel Missoni anytime, please feel free to get in touch with me when you are planning a return and I will look after you personally. I hope you had a safe journey home,

Bilbao, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during Holy Week (Semana Santa) and Easter Sunday... I loved everything about the hotel, from the welcoming receptionists to the neat housekeeping. The hotel's a stone's throw away from Edinburgh Castle and other attractions. Waverly station is about 7 minutes away.

My room was on the third floor with a view of the crown spire of St Gile's Cathedral. I liked the vibrant colours which are defined by the signature black and white and the plush mattress, wrinkle-free sheets and even the Missoni slippers. However, and because I stayed there for 8 nights, I needed more space as there were only two drawers for me to store my stuff in, camera, etc. I loved this hotel's attention to quality and detail, from the fresh milk and bramley apple juice in the fridge to the delightful tea blends by Dammann Frères and shortbread biscuits. The amenities were quite good too, but the Missoni bathrobes were not as new as I expected them to be. I also liked the fact that they do not remind you of where to place the towel if you didn't need it, we all know the green code by now so no need to state the obvious. I am a bit concerned about the quantity of glass bottles I threw away ( provided still or sparkling Scottish water), I do hope that the chambermaids recycle them...

Luxury and efficiency in the heart of the magical city Edinburgh is.

Room Tip: 303 Eastern View, sunrise, St Gile's crown spire, and a wee bit of Arthur's Seat in the hori...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DinaDouha D
Dear DinaDouha D,

Thank you for your magnificent review of Hotel Missoni. I am delighted to read that you had a positive Easter experience with us in Edinburgh. I do hope we were able to provide you with more storage space in your room. If there is anything we can do to make our guest’s stays more enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing we would always want to be informed.

Sustainability is becoming more and more important and I am pleased to inform you that we do regularly recycle where possible and have picked up awards for our efforts. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni in the near future,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location (just off royal mile at the castle end), great modern decor (funky colours and patterns, but still very relaxing and welcoming), very comfortable and fantastic friendly staff (very warm and friendly). You could not ask for anything more!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Anthony C
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Missoni for your trip to Edinburgh. We are all delighted to read that you had such a fanatic experience with us in our wonderful city. You are very welcome back any time; we look forward to you rebooking with us again in the future,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel Missoni was easily the best hotel I've stayed in. We were visiting Edinburgh for two nights whilst celebrating my birthday. We received a very warm welcome and found our room to be beyond expectations. Everything about our stay was perfect from the breakfast to the location. Staff were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. I'm hoping to go back again in the not too distant future!

1 Thank L W
Dear L W,

Many congratulations once again on your birthday celebrations, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your special occasion. I am delighted to read that your stay lived up to your expectations. Please do not forget about us, feel free to get in touch with me if you are ever back in Edinburgh and I would be delighted to look after you once again. I hope you had s safe journey home,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

My friend and I were visiting Edinburgh for a few days, and were in desperate need for a white russian and espresso. It was just one of those moments.
We walked in, found a seat at the bar and the night began.
Alex and David (Bartenders) were both professional and extremely capable of handling our outrageous behaviour. They provided us with extremely great chat and were excellent cock tailors. The white russians were delicious and beautiful, like a honey glazed ham. If in Edinburgh and you're either staying at the Missoni or otherwise, make sure you visit that bar and enjoy the atmosphere, talent, and the drinks.

Alex and David, thanks for the memories!

Until next time!

Room Tip: Chat with Alex and David
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank showmancircus
Dear showmancircus,

Thank you so much for singling out Alex and David in your review. I am delighted to read that you were so well looked after by both of them during your recent visit to Edinburgh. They really are an asset to the whole team and personify all that is great about Hotel Missoni. I have made personal sure that they have been commended for their continued hard work and fabulous 5 star service. Thank you once again for informing us of your wonderful feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon,