“"Wow"”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #29 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We arrived on the 28th April - a birthday treat from my husband. On arrival at the front door we received a lovely welcome . All the reception staff were really friendly and very helpful. Our room very tastefully decorated and spacious with a fabulous shower. the view was great too . The hotel is conveniently located in the old town just off the Royal Mile and everything we wanted was in walking distance.
The breakfast was very good quality and all the staff serving were very personable.
We do need to give a particular mention to Annabelle who served us breakfast on two mornings- she was great and could not do enough for us. Also Mark who seemed to have a front of house role as well as guest services when our TV stopped working temporarily. Both of these staff members are great ambassadors for the hotel.
On the day we left we were informed that the name of the hotel is changing -lets hope the staff team doesnt-.it really is a great place to stay..

1  Thank CandJtogether
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear CandJtogether,

Thank you so much for your stunning review and for singling out Annabel, who works in Cucina and Mark, our Doorman. Both members of staff are a true asset to the hotel and we really appreciate their hard work and superb 5 star service across the board. I will make personal sure that both parties are rewarded for their fantastic contribution in making your stay a truly memorable experience,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

From beginning to end, our stay at this hotel was 5-star - the room was fabulous (design and amenities), drinks (a pitcher of a cocktail called Passione) were superb, and dinner was outstanding. The staff (many of them Italian) are incredible as well! My daughter (from Edinburgh) and I (from the U.S.) felt like we had just spent a weekend many miles away in Italy. With sheer luck I booked this hotel for a date just one week before they are changing over and losing their designer name, as well as their Italian focus - a devastating change in our minds. There are many other Scottish hotels in Edinburgh, this should remain distinctive in spirit and design.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Linda C,

WOW! Thank you so much for your cracking review of your stay at Hotel Missoni. I am delighted to read that your stay was 5 star and that you enjoyed the design, cocktails and the staff. Please do not be put off by our name change. The G&V Royal Mile Hotel will still remain a modern 5 star luxury property in the heart of Edinburgh and the excitement about the changes is clear on the faces of all of our staff. If anyone at all has any questions relating to the change of hotel name I urge them to get in touch with me directly at the hotel on 0131 220 6666 and I am sure that any worries will quickly be put to bed. We cannot wait to welcome you back to G&V Hotel!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Hotel Missoni was a great experience! Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed them all. This hotel is conveniently located between the Royal Mile and the Grassmarket area of Edinburgh. Every employee at the hotel was super friendly, the price was right, and my wife enjoyed a massage at their spa. If you're heading to Edinburgh and looking to see everything touristy in the city or just to hit some pubs, Hotel Missoni is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Not near the gym. Treadmills give off some noise early morning. Gym opens at 9 but someone felt the...

Dear HotelStayinGuy,

I am so pleased you had such a wonderful time with us in Edinburgh and that you were so well looked after by the best team in the world. We all care passionately about everyone one of our guests to ensure that expectations are delivered each and every time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very nice, clean, stylish hotel. Great location.Very helpful, friendly reception staff. Not so much in the bar, got served without being really acknowledged by the barman but the lady was very friendly.
room was great , we had a lovely view . Brilliant shower.comfy bed, good room service. Didn't bother with the minibar -was to pricey4 us, only bad points was the room was very hot even with air conditioningand other guests said the same,I would also not drink at the bar again , just not for me, and I was short measured on my pricey drink:( my fault 4 not speaking up.
I would happily stay again, id just skip the bar. Very nice hotel.

1  Thank kelly S

Dear kelly S,

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience at Hotel Missoni. I am sorry that you felt you were not looked after as we would have expected at Bar Missoni. We take all feedback very seriously and needless to say your feedback has been circulated accordingly. It is a shame that you left without informing us of your time in the bar. We would always want to be informed of any comments as soon as possible. Should you wish to stay again please do get in touch with me personally and I will make sure that everything is perfect next time.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed in a few really nice hotels in Edinburgh city centre but Hotel Missoni is by far my favourite. Situated just off the Royal Mile, the location is great, so close to lots of the sights and the shopping areas. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the decor is amazing, so bold and funky and the bar is fab with lots of tasty cocktails and Prosecco on tap ... what more could you ask for? If you have time, a visit to the spa is a must. I had a pedicure and it was easily the best pedicure I've ever had. It was so much more than simple maintenance. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a cool and funky stay whilst in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor with floor to ceiling windows along one wall which looked right out o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDoherty79
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear GDoherty79,

We LOVE your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of your experience in Edinburgh. I am absolutely delighted you felt so at home in your favorite hotel. You are very welcome back to Hotel Missoni anytime, please feel free to get in touch with me when you are planning a return and I will look after you personally. I hope you had a safe journey home,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during Holy Week (Semana Santa) and Easter Sunday... I loved everything about the hotel, from the welcoming receptionists to the neat housekeeping. The hotel's a stone's throw away from Edinburgh Castle and other attractions. Waverly station is about 7 minutes away.

My room was on the third floor with a view of the crown spire of St Gile's Cathedral. I liked the vibrant colours which are defined by the signature black and white and the plush mattress, wrinkle-free sheets and even the Missoni slippers. However, and because I stayed there for 8 nights, I needed more space as there were only two drawers for me to store my stuff in, camera, etc. I loved this hotel's attention to quality and detail, from the fresh milk and bramley apple juice in the fridge to the delightful tea blends by Dammann Frères and shortbread biscuits. The amenities were quite good too, but the Missoni bathrobes were not as new as I expected them to be. I also liked the fact that they do not remind you of where to place the towel if you didn't need it, we all know the green code by now so no need to state the obvious. I am a bit concerned about the quantity of glass bottles I threw away ( provided still or sparkling Scottish water), I do hope that the chambermaids recycle them...

Luxury and efficiency in the heart of the magical city Edinburgh is.

Room Tip: 303 Eastern View, sunrise, St Gile's crown spire, and a wee bit of Arthur's Seat in the hori...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DinaDouha D

Dear DinaDouha D,

Thank you for your magnificent review of Hotel Missoni. I am delighted to read that you had a positive Easter experience with us in Edinburgh. I do hope we were able to provide you with more storage space in your room. If there is anything we can do to make our guest’s stays more enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing we would always want to be informed.

Sustainability is becoming more and more important and I am pleased to inform you that we do regularly recycle where possible and have picked up awards for our efforts. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni in the near future,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Fantastic location (just off royal mile at the castle end), great modern decor (funky colours and patterns, but still very relaxing and welcoming), very comfortable and fantastic friendly staff (very warm and friendly). You could not ask for anything more!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Anthony C
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Anthony C,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Missoni for your trip to Edinburgh. We are all delighted to read that you had such a fanatic experience with us in our wonderful city. You are very welcome back any time; we look forward to you rebooking with us again in the future,