“Wonderful stay at the Hotel Missoni”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay at the Hotel Missoni”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

What a wonderful hotel! After reading the great reviews about the Hotel Missoni on TripAdvisor, I decided to book a two night stay for my husband and I on a recent weekend and I am so glad I did. We were welcomed by two of the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered and checked in to a beautiful room - spacious with vibrant decor and a gorgeous bathroom. And with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. And the little things were great too - complimentary minibar, complimentary 2 pieces of dry cleaning a night, nice toiletries and comfortable robes. There was even a little bottle of milk in the minibar for your coffee or tea. If we're lucky enough to come back to Edinburgh, I would defintiely book the Hotel Missoni again as it's a nice modern oasis in a beautiful Medieval city with a fantastic location and wonderful staff!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed 20th to 25th July (didn't want to leave). Absolutely loved Missoni. Rooms excellent and spotlessl Clean towels every day, replenished toiletries, mini bar, etc. etc. Comfy bed, had best nights sleep for a long time. Great shower. Loved all the staff, a shout out to David who mainly parked our car and brought it to us in a flash (there is a charge for this service) also Isabella, (Receptionist) very friendly and pleasant. We found all staff very friendly and courteous. Fantastic location, 200 yds from Castle. Will definitely be back next year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Great hotel. Clean, classy & a great location. Nice rooms, attentive and helpful staff and good drinks at the bar.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank jgold24
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

I returned to the Missoni for two nights in July. My last stay had been in the low season, when fewer demands were placed on the staff and premises. This was now high season. The Missoni once again came through with all cylinders clicking. The location is perfect for the old town and Royal mile, the rooms are airy, open and welcoming, the food is very, very good, and the service is just beyond.... Again, if you don't want the stuffy Scottish experience of the "traditional" 5 stars, do not hesitate to stay at the Missoni. Even in high season; you will leave smiling.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Glasgow,Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed for 1 night to go out for dinner (The Mussel and Steak bar in Grassmarket - really excellent) and drinks.
Good location. Member of staff valet parked our car which was great.
On checking in the receptionist didn't tell us that you needed to use your room key to get to the lift to go to your floor. We couldn't understand why the lift wouldn't work and felt quite stupid to have to go back to reception to ask. It felt like the staff were deliberately having a laugh at us.. However on the few times we used the lift we always met a customer who didn't know that they were meant to use their card....better information at check in required!
Room very comfortable, nice view, nice furniture, comfortable bed, excellent shower. Value for money - it's expensive but you are also paying for the location...which is great.
Went into the bar for drinks and were completely ignored by 2 waitresses...didn't feel welcome in the bar at all. Breakfast, had to wait quite a while once seated before staff took our order. I ordered Eggs Benedict which arrived cold, we had waited so long already that I didn't complain, but really would expect food to be hot! So overall, nice place to stay but service could be improved..expected better...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna2
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my partners birthday - we both live in Edinburgh but I'd booked the Missoni as I'd been looking forward to seeing what the hotel was like after seeing it in the building stage for months. We were not disappointed! The hotel is amazing - the decor is fantastic, and is definitely 5 star. Our room was incredible, every detail was perfect and it looked fab (see photos!). As I'd mentioned in my booking that it was my boyfriends birthday we'd been left a 'birthday flan' (Friends fans will appreciate that) in the room along with a card, which was a nice touch.

The bed was really comfy and had been turned down with a bit of shortbread (I think?) left on the pillow when we were out (never stayed in a hotel where they do that before, felt fancy, ha!). The bathroom was very cool, with audio from the TV in the bedroom played in when you shut the door (so we didn't miss any of the X Factor when at the loo!). The shower was huge with a rain feature and also a hand-held shower extension - and it had a little bench for sitting on which was a cool feature (made the shower look like a changing room cubicle!).

Breakfast was slightly confusing (table service for the menu, but a buffet for cereal) and as you can come in off the street to eat the menu had prices on it so we weren't entirely sure if it was included in our room price or if we'd have to pay (waiters didn't really speak). But when we did order the food was gorgeous. I had pancakes with syrup which was DIVINE and my partner had a cooked breakfast.

Service at the front desk and from porters was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a luxury, romantic break - and if we ever feel like splashing out on a fancy night again then I'll definitely be staying here!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Missoni last night as part of my birthday treat - and what a treat!
The hotel lives up to the positive reviews, it definately deserves the 5*'s.
The rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable, with the most amazing shower and bed, so much so, I struggled to get up this morning.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
We ate lunch in the restaurant and the food there was delicious. We had drinks in the bar prior to going out in the evening and there was a friendly, vibrant atmosphere.
I only have good things to say about this hotel! I would certainly recommend.