Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh
US$384
US$247
Waldorf Astoria
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$202
Agoda.com
US$680
3,059 results
All reviewsroyal milefree mini barcucina restaurantgeorge iv bridgenespresso machinevictoria streetstylish hotelfloor to ceiling windowsrain showerturn down serviceeggs benedicthotel barperfect locationfabulous hotelarthur's seatbirthday treatloved this hotel
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel on 30th jan for 1 night as a birthday treat for my girlfriend. The hotel is in a good location and is very clean and has decent sized rooms. sadly our experience was totally ruined by the awful service we received after leaving.

When i booked the hotel, the room rate was £135 for the night. A couple of days after leaving, i checked with my credit card company who confirmed my room rate of £135 was taken however the hotel missoni had then taken an extra £235?
I thought it was maybe a small error, however upon calling the hotel i was informed that my £100 would be back on my card soon....The staff hadn't bothered to listen when i mentioned it was £235, i corrected the man and was put on hold for another couple of mins only to be told that my £235 would be back soon.
I called after these "couple of days" and was told that the hotel take your room rate and and extra £100 "just in case" you get any food to your room...they dont inform you of this when you check in. I found this a little cheeky!
I had to get the hotel to ring mastercard as they couldn't be bothered and their favourite line seemed to be a couple of days.
10 days after checking out i finally got my money back, with no apology, and no concern for the fact that they'd helped max my credit card for 10 days!
The service was very much as if they couldn't care as you were no longer staying at the hotel, and since they had been paid they didn't seem to want the hassle to try and sort this out!!

A good hotel, but sadly this is the worst service i have ever received. I have had better service in a premier inn. trip was ruined! If you check my other reviews you'll see my reviews are always honest and fair, i just feel the lack of service here needed addressed.

if you stay here you'll like the rooms, i would just suggest using cash rather than cards if possible.

13  Thank Padwala
Reviewed 10 February 2011

this hotel offered us poor service & for what we paid it wasn't worth it, the staff had attitude & didn't go out of their way for us,,, we are regular visitors to edinburgh and would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and probably get the same service or even better elsewhere...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank virgot7
Reviewed 8 February 2011

From the moment we walked in the hotel we were treat brilliantly. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is only 5 mins away from the train station and once we arrived we were upgraded to a suite as we were there on honeymoon. The suite was impressive, the size of it was great and the views were fabulous. We had a bottle of wine and a hand written welcome message which was a lovely touch. I have been to many hotels across the world and for me this is the best one I have stayed in and we both cannot wait to return!!

Reviewed 7 February 2011

You can’t beat the location of this hotel and the design of Missoni itself.

However I did not like the bar in the middle of the entrance area. The lamps looked cheap(Ikea makes quite similar ones)in the bar area and the bar chairs are more likely inviting u to stand than to actually sit.

Staff was excellent, 1 nervous receptionist with brown hair who tried more to fit in the style of the hotel than to organise a better room for a friend.

Door men greatest-loved the Kilt, loved his always smiley attitude and u never felt like he is busy- but he must be! Tried to even speak Italian when the receptionist was unable to explain some "normal" check in procedures to guests.

The room itself is nice and yes the decor is of course the centre piece(although I didn’t like the turquoise chairs in the suite), but it wouldn’t blow someone away.

Reviewed 7 February 2011

From the moment we arrived at the front door with the kilted doorman to the moment we left to come home there was not one thing we could not say was anything other than perfect about this experience. The staff are simply brilliant, polite friendly and exceptionally helpful, sometimes a very rare find in our hotels. Nothing is too much trouble for this team and a team they certainly are. We were shown to our room, talked through everything from the personal coffee machine to the beautiful shower room. The cocktail bar is beautiful and again the staff very helpful. We went out for dinner but next time we will book to eat at their restaurant. We also did not try the Spa but after looking around we will book next time. The nights sleep was peaceful and very comfortable. In the morning we passed a chamber maid who again was very polite and checked if we needed any assistance. Breakfast was beautiful with fresh fruit including raspberries, blueberries and a huge choice of fresh produce to eat. Again the staff very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The only problem with a hotel this good is neither of us wanted to leave - this was most certainly the best hotel we have ever stayed. If you are looking for stunning service, lovely location - look no further, this hotel is perfect in every way.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple