“Perfect place in Edinburgh”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Elderfields Guest House
Ranked #259 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Maureen is super friendly and she helped us to find a brillant market!!
The house is beautiful and the room also. The breakfast was very good with yogurt, te, toasts with butter and jam, orange juice etc
I highly recommend this place to stay in the wonderfull Edinburgh!!!
just a little thing, the house doesn´t have wi fi

Enjoy the place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alaelma

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Despite our late arrival, Maureen was here to greet us. We were shown to our room and we discussed our preferred breakfast time. After a good night of sleep in a clean, spacious room we were greeted to a simple but generous breakfast. She did not hesitate to answer our questions about Edinburgh and even gave us tips on where to go and generally made us feel at home.
When it was time to go, Maureen kindly let us use the lounge to leave our suitcase whilst we enjoyed our last day there. Not only did she show trust in us, but the guest house is wonderfully located as it is only 5 minutes walk from the beginning of the royal mile. It is an experience both my partner and I recommend to people wishing to visit Edinburgh. We'll definitely keep Elderfields in our address book !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LemonLime10
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'm leaving this review as constructive criticism as many aspects of Maureen's b and b were excellent - parking , cleanliness , size of room.
My partner and I and small baby booked the room at extremely short notice during the Edinburgh marathon so were grateful to have anywhere at all to stay that was of realistic price . On booking the room we explained we would definately like to stay one night and possibly two ( once we had seen the place) and were quoted a room rate of £68 p. n . On arrival Maureen greeted us and took us to our room which was nice and spacious and clean. Maureen mentioned she had forgotten to say over the phone if we were to stop just the one night there would be a surcharge of £4 per person . Not a massive problem as we had decided to stay the two nights anyway . The day we arrived was very sunny however come the evening the room became very cold and the radiator wouldn't come on . If it were just the two of us without a baby I would have made do so I asked my partner to check . Maureen said it was off as everybody else had their windows open and the heat would go straight out ( not sure how she would know everyone's windows were open but anyway ...) and how long did I want it put on for ?Id liked to have said all night as it was cold but I agreed that an hour would take the chill of the room at least .Maureen did come up a little later with a blanket which I normally wouldn't use on our daughter but it was still cold so I had no choice .We did have a restful sleep and comfortable bed. Breakfast isn't an issue to me as I'm happy with a slice of toast however no cooked breakfast was a disappointment to my partner who has a standard mans appetite! The following evening was much warmer , Maureen had been obliging by letting us put our drinks and baby milk in her fridge and loaning me a hairdryer .We decided not to bother with breakfast and called down to Maureen to say we would rather just have a lie in and that we were welcome to stay as long as needed. Unfortunately at 9 am whilst still in bed Maureen knocked on the door asking if we had left a tap running as water was pouring through her ceiling . My partner told her we hadn't but she asked us to check anyway which we did - nothing had been left on . As we were awake we decided to get showered and go but the water had been turned off ( obviously due to the leek) so we phoned down to see if it was likely to be coming back on but she Maurren just said she was waiting for a call out . We were a
little frustrated not being able to clean our teeth, have a shower facing a six hour drive home or flush the toilet . Maureen did however bring us up a kettle of boiled water . Whilst we appreciate that the water situation was nobody's fault and just unfortunate when my partner checked out he mentioned it had been very inconvienient and we had paid full room rate . He suggested as a goodwill gesture a small refund of £15 . Maureen replied 'what, £15 for a shower ?!and mentioned that she also' hadn't charged for the baby ' ! . As I said its the little things that make the difference

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank louisa71
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Booked to stay here for a wedding at Our Dynamic Earth which was only a shirt walk away. The rooms were fantastic and the breakfast was great. Maureen was a fantastic host and very accommodating considering I had made a miscalculation regarding the number of rooms we needed. Would definitely recommend and hopefully will return one day!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Saralou79
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this fab bnb. Maureen is a great hostess and I would highly recommend a stay here. We were in the large double which is massive!!! Everywhere is very clean and tidy. The breakfast is plentiful- amazing choice and certainly fills you up. This place is amazing value and we will be returning soon to explore Edinburgh again and will deff stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank sophieh1983
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Edinburgh's accommodation is usually over-expensive and I wasn't preparing for a luxury experience for £67.50 per room. But Maureen's B&B was a really good surprise. The house is well located 15 minute-walk from the Royal Mile; parking is easy.We had a double room and a twin. The double room, in front of the house was absolutely huge. We felt like in a countryside grand hotel. The twin room however was rather small with shared bathroom. But Maureen explained that the room will have its own bathroom very soon. The house is full of traditional charm and you won't find this atmosphere in many places. The breakfast is not cooked but continental (fruits, cereals, toasts, croissants, cheese, ham) . No disappointment though as it was delicious, healthy and plentiful. The breakfast room is beautiful too. Maureen is a lovely host. Highly recommended place to stay whilst visiting the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Crumpet2009
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Located 12 minutes from bottom of royal mile.
So location excell, 8 min from bus to west end.
Attitude excellent, twin beds good,
breakfast very good, eggs bacon replaced by thin ham and cheese.
Parking available if only 1 other guest.
Furniture, and room size exception able.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple