“"mutton dressed as lamb"”
Review of Turkish Kitchen - CLOSED

Turkish Kitchen
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I ate here the other night. The starter was ok but the Lamb was so tough that I almost choked on it. It tasted like mutton and not lamb. I had to spit most of it into my napkin. The waitress asked me about 3 times if I was ready to order. Once when I had only just sat down. Once when I had only asked for the wine menu and once when I had only opened the wine menu. The service was poor. The food barely adequate. The portion size for the starter was good. The portion size for the main was small. Salad again (lots with the starter) and one little portion of rice with the overcooked chewy meat. Main was £12 aprox, starter was £6 and house wine was £12 per bottle. For this price I should have went to a decent restaurant with better quality food. £30 down the drain. They also only take cash so must be rolling it in!

7  Thank enquiries661

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Had lunch here a few days ago and thought it was very good. The meze starter was excellent - very tasty and full of fresh ingredients - with 7 dishes between two people, there was a hearty amount of food, and we almost didn't need a main course! Service was great and the restaurant itself was spotlessly clean. Will definitely return to the Turkish Restaurant soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My friend and I came upon the Turkish Kitchen by accident on a day out in Edinburgh. The owner/chef made us very welcome and as it was our first experience of Turkish cuisine suggested we try the banquet. The Meze starter was delicious, all ingredients being freshly made. This was followed by a very generous sized main course full of flavour and variety. The atmospher is relaxed and welcoming and overall was a very enjoyable experience. One of the best meals and I would strongly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed lunch here - my first visit to a Turkish restaurant - very impressed.The Meze starter is excellent and full of fresh ingredients - delicious - so much so that it is difficult not to eat everything and so leaves little room for the main course which was also first class.
The staff are very attentive, the restaurant setting is modest - but then it should be about the food and not so much the setting.
All in all, a really good experience and will certainly return - would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Turkish kitchen just of rose street is a delight! Authentic turkish cuisine. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere and great value. Small but so well presented and the cleaniness shines through. The starter of meze is wonderful. This resturant would put some 5star hotel resturants to shame. Turkish kitchen is a must!