“Very friendly restaurant with fantastic food”
Review of Brazilian Sensation - CLOSED

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I visited this restaurant with my two kids. The food was lovely, very tasty, fresh and healthy. The staff were really friendly, taking the time to explain the menu to us, so that we all chose to our taste.

We will probably go back tomorrow we liked it so much!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have looked in here a couple of times but I will be back - it is close to city centre and Edinburgh University ( quite near to the Meadows -Causewayside and to George Square ) . Husband and wife very welcoming . My ice cream and coffee were very delicious on a hot day . On another day I had a fine vegetable soup . Brasil 66 comes to Edimburgo - lovely wee place - try it !

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Visted this restaurant with a apprehension, wondering what to expect.
However I was not disappointed, the food was amazing and cooked to perfection.
Service also great. As we were quite a large party we booked for a buffet style meal where we all got a taste of everything, each dish blended with each other, with more than enough food for everybody. Also BYOB was a great idea,. Would definately visit again

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Me and a group of friends went recently to the retaurant with high expectations. Despite the service was great and the food was abundant and ok, our great surprise was at the end when we were charged 15 quid for "the service".

The place is very tiny and you will be drinking with plastic cups..., after an "introduction" to the menu by the chef. Half of the mains weren't available and the one I chose, "Xim, Xim" had the chicken overcooked and not spicy at all.

Despite all that, different tastes are always welcome in my mouth and I have to say that I enjoyed the food and I ended up quite satisfied. But the unexpected charges for "the service" and the quality and availability of the menu were definietly something that will make me not to go back.

2  Thank Lyces
Reviewed 11 May 2013

So glad to have found this gem of a restaurant in Edinburgh to remind me of the unique and tasty flavours of Brazil. We were greeted and served by the owner John who was attentive and informative to all the customers regarding traveling - in Scotland and Brazil! We ordered two main meals and shared a rice side dish which was plenty enough between two! The array of fresh juices available really did remind me of Brazil and I wanted my friend to try them all - especially the Cupuacuuuu! We finished by squeezing in a fruity home-made ice-cream which was divine - and a MUST to finish off the dinner! All round experience was great and I can't wait to go back with more friends - and hopefully meet Lucia too!
If you want a true culinary taste of Brazil - this is the place to go!!