Ingleneuk Bed and Breakfast
US$336
US$215
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
US$111
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdining tablefamily suitepatio doorsgarden viewcity centreoff street parkingexcellent breakfastedinburgh airportcomfortable bedstayed nightsvisiting edinburghaccommodationqueensferryensuitecereal
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I've stayed in several places in Edinburgh but none so fine as Ingleneuk. Clean as a whistle with loads of space in the room I stayed in and with all mod cons, particularly the wet room. The Landlady Lynda and her son couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. Near enough to the town centre, close to local shops and walking distance to a fine pub, the Cramond Brig. I'd recommend Ingleneuk highly.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We just want to say that our stay was a true joy. It was well above what we expected. It was clean, roomy, well laid out, comfortable, and had more than the normal amenities one can expect to have available in a bed and breakfast (which was equally great!). Having a pretty back garden with squirrels providing outside entertainment was icing on the cake.

This is not far from the airport (3 miles?), but none of us noticed any airplane noise during our stay even though there was flight traffic in the area.

The owner was quite friendly and helpful when asked about local dining establishments.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I first discovered Ingleneuk by accident in 2004, and it's been my first choice for trips to Edinburgh ever since. It's located in a quiet residential area yet within walking distance to several restaurants and other services. The two rooms are both located to the back of the house, which makes them even quieter and allows them to look over a lovely back garden. Linda Ritchie always makes us feel right at home, personally welcoming us and helping get settled into our room. The unusual thing about Ingleneuk, and the thing that makes us like it so much, is that breakfast is served in your room, which means that the rooms are more than just sleeping accommodations! Each has a large sitting area and dining table where you can spread out your materials to plan your day's activities or dry your clothes after a typical Edinburgh rain.. We plan to return as long aw we are able to travel, so we hope Linda has no retirement plans.

Patricia and Bob Mack
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed in the Ingleneuk B&B for a weekend break and found it somewhat strange on the outside but quite surprised on going in. The B&B was too far out of the way for my liking with no shops, ATM, restaurants or anything nearby. There was a local shop about a half mile away accessed by going up a very steep hill and I wouldnt recommend this B&B if you were staying there without a car as we were. If you had any sort of health or walking difficulties etc you would be unable to get anywhere without using a taxi service. Tesco Store / Off Licence / McDonalds was approx 1-2 miles of a walk to reach, we walked up and down to it but again if you are not used to walking this might not suit.

Taxis to and from the airport are between £12 and £14 each way. There are buses to the airport but you must walk about 1-2 miles in order to reach the bus which is on the main road (you have to flag it down as there are no stops) and not very beneficial if you are pulling luggage along with you the whole way from the B&B. There are local buses about 1/4 mile from the B&B to take you into town.

The B&B itself was not bad, average standard. I think for me I am used to staying in hotel rooms where the standard is much higher. There were extra pillows / blankets provided along with hand / bath towels. The bathroom was very small and the toilet had some problems flushing, the extractor fan was temperamental and only worked for about 30 seconds, we ended up leaving the bathroom door open whilst showering.

On arrival we were given our breakfast menu and options for times of serving. The breakfast arrived on time with the cereals coming at the time stated and then the cooked breakfast coming about 15-20 minutes later. We bought our own milk and tea bags in the shop for use as I am quite particular about my tea. The tea was not very nice as anticipated and there is a kettle in the room along with mini fridge. Breakfast was 2 sausage, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, mushroom, beans along with toast. This was basic enough and I didnt like the taste of the bacon, beans or sausages, the quality was bad, I think they were a cheap budget range possibly. My partner was also not very fussed on them so breakfast was a bit dissapointing for both of us. On leaving the B&B our flight was not until evening and there was no option of anywhere to store bags, luggage etc until leaving meaning we had to carry around our luggage allday with us until we got checked in on the flight home.

The B&B did not have any internet available which was a bit of a nuisance should you need to check flights etc. There is also quite a bit of aircraft noise with flights starting at around 6am in the morning until after midnight at night, you also get the constant rubber smell of the tyres of the planes landing on the runway.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matilda2
Reviewed 8 May 2010

My spacious room was very comfortable; the bathroom very nicely designed; the breakfast arrived promptly at the designated time (and it was very tasty), and Linda couldn't have been more helpful in seeing to my needs. Getting to the city center was a quick bus ride from the stop just a few blocks away from the B & B.
Also, I did appreciate having milk in the fridge and the supply of teas and biscuits available each day.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo