Glendevon Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Edinburgh
See available hotels
The White Lady(Edinburgh)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)
Courtyard Edinburgh West(Edinburgh)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed with Sarah and John for four nights. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival, and given an orientation of the bus transport system. The buses run on time and constantly to Edinburgh. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I particularly liked that there was a separate sink in the bedrooms. The breakfast was delicious with lots of choices available. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed here 3 nights for the Festival and I would thoroughly recommend this B+B. We were warmly welcomed to an absolutely pristine room with a very nice shower en-suite. There is a comprehensive local information pack in the room, even detailing the local (Christian) churches. The B+B was on the main A-road from the airport but our room was at the back on the ground floor and was very quiet. There were some nice, thoughtful touches such as bottles of (Scottish) water, pen, paper, tea and coffee including (Scottish) biscuits. We came back to made-up beds and fresh towels every day. A freshly-cooked breakfast is made to the order you place the night before and in addition there are yoghurts, cheese, toast, oatcakes etc. The owner was very knowledgeable and helpful and the bus service to town is frequent and just a few yards away from the house. It takes about 20 mins on the bus which drops you right off in Prince's St. There is off-road parking available. My husband found the bed too hard but I found the comfort ok for the short stay. I would definitely go back and happily recommend this B+B to my friends. Although a long way out, if you're spending the day at the Festival there's no real issue.

Room Tip: The twin room at the back is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Lovely house on a busy street. We had the front room which had a window looking onto Glasgow Road. It was a bit noisy to keep the window open Nevertheless, the room was nicely appointed, clean and we slept well. It was great that it was right on the bus line into town so we didn't have to take the car into Endinburgh. We enjoyed talking with Sara and her husband who had recently spent a night in our home town!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The rooms are spotless and the Breakfast was very good. The hosts were very helpful with bus info and which bus tour of St. Andrews to take so we were picked up and dropped of at the door. It was our anniversary while we were there and when we returned from our day of touring we had a pleasant suprise in our room there was a card and a box of chocolates. We felt at home there as we were seen to the door every day and when left we had a nice hug. If we ever returned to Edinburgh we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed here with my nephew for 1 night and we had a nice stay. A somewhat old-fashioned, but clean room, overlooking the back garden. A beautiful shower room (reminded me somehow of a sauna) with ample space in the shower cubicle. Breakfast was plentiful, with even the option of cheese and haggis (the latter we didn't try though). It was a bit further away from the city centre than we had imagined (about a 75 minute walk) but there are plenty of buses which only cost you 1 pound 20 or 3 pounds for the entire day so no problem there. Room price was 35 pounds per person, which I think is reasonable for an expensive city like Edinburgh. I can recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
GlendevonEdinburgh, Owner at Glendevon Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2010

The original photo of Glendevon Bed & Breakfast, posted by myself, displays the front of the house. However, a review posted by a guest on 29th September, 2010 also includes another 2 photos (one of the twin room and another of the front of the house).
The first guest photo shows the twin, while occupied by the guest, and displays un-made beds with crumpled sheets and property strewn over them.
The second guest photo shows the front of the house (an inferior duplicate of my original photo)
Also, when you click on my original photo of the house, it then corrupts that photo and displays the photo of the twin room with un-made beds, etc.
I would therefore request that all three photos (including my original photo) be removed and I will then re-submit genuine photos of the house and all rooms, etc.
Thanking you in advance