“Treated Like Royalty”
Review of Blinkbonny House

Blinkbonny House
Ranked #89 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was extremely fortunate to have stayed at Blinkbonny House during my travels to Edinburgh. Sean and Elaine treated me like royalty and an honored guest and family member in their home. I have never experienced such excellent service and care as I received at their B&B. I will be staying at Blinkbonny House every time I visit Edinburgh and I highly recommend it to anyone even remotely considering this wonderful home. EXCELLENT!!!! The breakfast was delicious, their home is exquisitely decorated, the rooms were immaculate and lovely, and the atmosphere that Sean and Elaine have created here is without equal. I absolutely loved it and I have made new friends with them as well. Sean and Elaine went above and beyond my expectations and exceeding them to the maximum. I can not say enough about my experience at their amazing home and business. Book it without hesitation. You will never regret it!!!! The location is perfect for exploring all of Edinburgh and the bus stop is just an extremely short walk away. I caught a cold during my travels throughout Europe and by the time I arrived in Edinburgh I was not feeling well. Sean and Elaine brought me cough medicine, made sure that I was feeling ok, and even brought me dinner to my room because I could not get out that day. That kind of customer service and attention to the needs of guests is unheard of these days. They were excellent examples of what a B&B should try to obtain to. Thank you so much for everything...M. Baker, Indianapolis, Indiana

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Thanks to a booking at another B&B having to cancel my stay Due to family illness, I was gifted by God Finding Shaun and his wife Elaine. All my life travelling Due to my work I never found such a "FANTASTIC" Place to stay. This is what you call, Salt of the Earth. The warmth and true caring by this Family is amazing, And the Breakfast 5 STAR. Rooms spotless, Beds great, shower great:large Toilet imaculate with Loades of Hot water. Perfection! This is How it's supposed to be everywhere!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Shaun was very welcoming and works very hard running his business. We had a family room on the 1st floor, we were offered a separate room for our daughter but we were happy to share private bathroom with very powerful shower. Lovely clean B&B very conveniently situated. 41 bus every 12 minutes takes 10 minutes to Princes Street or it is about a 20 minute walk. We thoroughly enjoyed our short break in Edinburgh hope to visit again soon. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The stay at Blinkbonny house was a fabulous experience !!
The owners are extremely helpful & certainly will go an extra mile to make you feel conformtable ...
Shaun & Elaine make the perfect hosts & their hospitality is excellent...
Definitely recommended for all..

Yashwant & Anjali Sathe
India ,Mumbai

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was the perfect B&B to end our 3 weeks of travel. Sean gave a warm welcome and made sure our needs were met. The room was the most spacious yet and the shower had plenty of room for my 6 foot 2 inch husband. The furnishings were lovely and even included a small fireplace that had a beautiful wood mantle and mirror above. The breakfast was superb with candles and soft classical music. We arrived at 9 PM and needed to eat dinner so Sean suggested an Indian Restaurant, the Far Pavilions, about 15 minutes walk away. It ended up being the best Indian food we'd ever eaten. I enthuisiastically recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent our last two nights in Scotland here, and it was a great choice. Shaun's hospitality was impeccable, and before we left we met and chatted with Elaine as well. The room was clean and comfortable. Blinkbonny is very convenient to the Queensferry (#41) busline as well, and we traveled to and from the Royal Mile easily for the two days we were there. Breakfasts were delicious and just as we ordered them. Shaun had called to arrange for a taxi pickup for us that last morning, to get us to the airport, and he even fed us at 7:20 that last morning to make sure we would have time to be ready! I don't think we could have picked a better place to be for our last nights of our trip. We would definitely come here again, and recommend it to others. Thank you, Shaun and Elaine!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed with my brother & two friends for two nights. Smallest of our requests were addressed with extreme warmth & care. The rooms were extermely comfortable & hospitality was immaculate. We had a big car & were not sure of the parking in the area in front of the house. Without our asking about it the owner decided to park his car outiside & get our car in. We were looking for good places to visit near Glencoe & we were helped with an elaborate map & guidance to it. Breakfast was perfect. The porridge was customized for all of us as per our specific dietary needs. These are just examples but small (but having big impact) gestures likes these made our stay a breeze.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a 20-30 min walk to Princess Street