“Excellent service, good food and nice atmosphere!”
Review of Reverie - CLOSED

Reverie
Price range: US$5 - US$41
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Reverie is a pub with a lovely relaxed atmosphere - red wallpaper, floorboards, gold mirrors and plants. We offer a whole host of Scottish meals including haggis, salmon, beef and ‘build-your-own’ burgers, all cooked in-house with fresh ingredients. There are over 50 malt whiskies to sample, plus ales, beers and wines. We hold a variety of live music evenings throughout the week, including folk on a Tuesday.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The staff is extremely nice and helpful - especially with the choice of whisky. And I recommend the seafood soup.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I travelled through England and Scotland with my boyfriend and his parents and this pub is probably a highlight for all of us!
We had excellent service (especially Michael) from all of he staff who were funny and helpful.
The food stood out on its own amazing haggis (for a first timer), roast, seafood and vegetarian options and DONT LEAVE without trying the sticky toffee pudding!!!

We even decided to go back our second night in Edinburgh because it was just so much fun and it did not disappoint. We got to cheer on the Netherlands beat Mexico to the delight of the Dutch pub owner who had dressed he place in orange and it made to an even better ambience.

Please go for a drink, laugh and pudding!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Reverie is a cute restaurant in Edinburgh, great home made pub food (British classics - burgers of your choice, steak pie, fish and chips, etc). There was live jazz music when I went there the first time few years back and the staff was super friendly. Great beer and whisky selection too! Have been back more than once since then!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Miserable reception by the bar staff. Ordered a veggie burger which came on what looked like a plate which had been prepared for something else.

The_Reverie, Owner at Reverie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't receive a friendly welcome and that the accompanying items did not suit your burger. We usually get unbelievably glowing reviews for our staff (please see trip advisor reports below). Our staff are hard working and want people to feel at home at the Reverie, so it is very sad to hear that you didn't receive such a welcome. I don't know when you visited so it is difficult to know what happened on that day. All I can say is that hopefully the next time you visit you will receive a friendlier and lovelier welcome.

Regarding the burger, the veggie burger is accompanied with a beetroot relish, swirls of balsamic and basil oil, lettuce, tomato, and then whatever items you chose off the 'build-a-burger' menu. Not sure what you received but our chefs are usually pretty good at plating up the correct accompaniment.

Hope you come back and visit us again!
Groetjes,
Ed

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Despite living only ten minutes walk from this place, I'd never been because it doesn't look particularly appealing from the outside. (It looks cross between a cafe and a pub?!) But I will be returning! The inside is cosy yet stylish, the service is friendly, and the food is very tasty. I'm a student, so a meal and a drink for just over £6 was great. I had the smoked salmon sandwich which was delicious. My friend had a main-sized portion of the mussels which was a very very generous serving. I'd like to return and try more.

The_Reverie, Owner at Reverie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Ceridwenangharad,
Thanks for your review! I'm sorry that our frontage put you off on previous occasions. We do sort of appeal to a lot of people - selling cakes and coffees, to some really delicious home cooked food, to serving some fantastic ales and whiskies.
Glad though that you ventured in and enjoyed what we had to offer. Hope to see you again soon!
Groetjes,