“Great steak” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel

Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel
Ranked #91 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: .
edinburgh
“Great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

If you like steak! This is a great place! Excellent delivery of types of steak. Had the 400g 55day aged rump.
The other steaks ie filet was excellent.
Great interior.

murray w, Manager at Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review! We love to be a haven for steak lovers and are glad that you enjoyed it. look forward to seeing you next time!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Texas
“Great atmosphere, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The place is really pretty, great view and good crowd. I enjoyed the food as well, although my steak was a little bland. It was preferable over the strange "chili" rub my husband got on his steak. Crazy hot! I would eat here again, though.

Visited May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you felt your steak was bland, it's not a comment we often receive so I will be sure to pass your comments along to the kitchen and hope that we meet expectations on your next visit.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is one of the best steaks I have ever had. It's in my top 4 best steaks. It was full of flavour and cooked to perfection. The scallops were melt in the mouth and the Chocolate Fudge Sundae was heavenly. The decor is stylish and contemporary. The staff completed the excellent dining experience as they were knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. It was our first time there but not our last.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a great review- it's always great to hear that we're among the best steaks one of our guests has had! When I dine myself, Scallops steaks and chocolate fudge sundae would definitely top the list too!
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I went to Kyloe with 5 others from work who are not from Edinburgh and felt under pressure to choose a good steak bar.... Safe to say Kyloe did not disappoint.
I do not go out for steak often, but this must be the best steak I've ever had in a restaurant. The flavours from the Chilli Paprika & Cumin marinade were epic!
The starter of scallops and standard of service also failed to disappoint.
Will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you chose Kyloe and were happy with your decision! Hope to welcome you all again soon.
Warrington
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

On entering we were welcomed and asked to make ourselves comfortable and someone will be over to take our order. The bar serves food and drink. They have a great cocktail list, we tried a couple and they were very good. The music in the place is just great, and we found ourselves staying much longer than initially planned. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The set up is modern and trendy, with a few little quirks which I liked and a real buzz which will make you return. We did return and the breakfasts were great to!

Visited May 2014