“Outstanding, well worth a visit”

Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel
Ranked #118 of 2,448 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: .
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Outstanding, well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I visited on Monday 9th June and was surprised to see just how busy it was. Almost every table was occupied. Good sign for a Monday and expectations immediately raised! The decor is great and the place had a very relaxed vibe to it.

The service from our waiter was outstanding. Really friendly and helpful. My parter asked for her Fillet Steak to be 'well done' and he explained why it may be preferential to order a different cut. Given he advised buying a cheaper cut I knew he wasn't talking nonsense! The knowledge on the different cuts was impressive. Explaining why a certain cut cooked well done would taste better than a fillet well done.

I cannot fault any of the three courses we had. The advice on the well done steak paid off. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. Well worth the money and I will certainly be back.

2 Thank Sten_R84

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Leicester
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I came with my partner when we decided to stay in Edinburgh as a birthday treat, I'd heard Kyloe mentioned on TV before (I think) and being big steak fans, we decided to give it a try!
We were not disappointed. Not knowing Edinburgh at all, we set off early from our hotel so I could find somewhere to park, so we turned up about 45 minutes early for our reservation. We went inside, planning on just warming up at the bar until our table was ready, but we were taken straight in. The staff were fantastic, and the food was to die for. My partner is already planning our next trip to Edinburgh - he's that desperate to eat here again!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank em2705
murray w, General Manager at Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
And we are desperate to welcome you back!
Thank you so much for choosing Kyloe and so clearly enjoying what we strive so hard to do. We discuss every review within the management team and to get one so pleasing makes our day!
Thanks again.

Best regards,
LEEDS UK
“Huxley bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Nice busy bar in fantastic location. You can also eat on bar menu if you like. Good staff and music.

Visited May 2014
LEEDS UK
“Fantastic steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good steaks, great busy restaurant with good staff. Menu is just the right size, good choice of meat and non-meat.

Visited May 2014
Hello, thank you taking the time to write such a succinct review! We appreciate your candour and feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,
“Totally overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Was there early last night for the 1st time it wasn't busy only 4 other max!
They got our starters wrong twice!
I ordered the 55 day rump it was just ok and pricey at £29 chips were the best part of the meal!(which were a extra £3)
The manager gave us 20% off the bill for the mistake on the starters which was a nice but still the food and the service were really lacking
There are many places to eat in Edinburgh and this place sadly doesn't come up to par!

murray w, General Manager at Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am sorry for the confusion with your starters. That is unfortunate but I am glad my team compensated you for your inconvenience. Give that we are acquainted and I am appreciate constructive criticism, I shall contact you directly to discuss this.

Regards,