“Great Apartment in a Great Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hallways
Annandale Street Apartment
4* Award by the Scottish Tourist Board
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Kathy S
Granite Bay, CA
“Great Apartment in a Great Location”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in this lovely apartment for four days and were very happy here. It is the perfect location for sightseeing in Edinburgh, and the private parking lot was essential for our car. Liz was great! She got in touch with us before our arrival and met us at the door to show us around. The apartment is very well equipped and extremely comfortable. It had everything we needed, and it was a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day of sightseeing. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Edinburgh. Four days just wasn't enough time to see everything!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment had all the comforts of home.
29 Jun 2016
Thank you very much for your lovely review. This means a lot to me, and I sincerely appreciate your time to complete it. It was such a pleasure to welcome you to Annandale apartment, and I am delighted to hear you were very happy at the apartment during your stay, and you would stay again on your next visit. Thank you!
Roger B
“Welcoming host, wonderful apartment and an excellent central location”
Reviewed 26 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Host: Although I've stayed in one of Liz' other apartments in the past this one is just as good. On arrival Liz was there to meet and greet, was very helpful and friendly and advised on a number of local eateries and things to do. She was very informative and gave a tour of the flat and covered anything that I might need to know regarding it (which was also covered in the folder in the living room). Liz is an excellent and genuine host and it was a comfort to know that if there were any issues she would be there to help out.

Apartment: The apartment itself was spotless and had everything I needed. The shutters in the bedroom were a nice bonus as I'm a light sleeper. The flat had good wifi which was plain and simple and straight forward to connect to. The bed was enormous and comfortable and the seats were equally as comfy when I finished off the day with some programmes in the evening. I didn't need to make use of the sofa bed but may need to if I'm back with more company in future. The kitchen was practical and had everything I needed.

Location: The location is roughly a 5-10 minute walk from Princes Street and also a 10 minute walk will get you to Broughton Street (recommended by Liz) which has an excellent butchers called Crombies and an alcohol shop (with a good range of local ales!) called Vino. Adding another 5-10 minutes onto that walk will get you to the Royal Mile and all it's attractions. There's a nearby park which would be handy for dogs (which a number of locals used) and going a little bit further and over the main road leads to Regent Gardens and Carlton Hill which is worth a walk up for the view.
Parking wasn't too much an issue (although some of the spaces required a little extra wiggling to fit into) but in general with the permit provided and the number of cars there I could pick and choose where to go anyway.

Overall this is an excellent self-catering holiday apartment and I whole-heartedly give it a good five out of five. I'll be recommending this apartment to friends and also hope to make it up again sometime in the near future with them!

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
27 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review! This is very much appreciated, and I am sure will be a great help to future guests looking for advice and helpful tips.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay once again, and would recommend to friends.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh later in the year, thank you once again.
Kindest regards,
Liz
wyongahfe...
wyongah
“Modern, well located apartment in Edinburgh.”
Reviewed 15 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Lovely, sunny apartment within easy walking distance to the city centre. Very modern facilities, with large kitchen and bathroom. Liz met us at the apartment and helped us with information and recommendations for our stay. There are two good supermarkets just around the corner for supplies and numerous cafes and restaurants nearby. We found it to be an excellent location for our four night stay. The bed was very comfortable and the area was very quiet at night. My wife and I would highly recommend this lovely apartment.

16 Jun 2016
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am very pleased that you had a very comfortable stay and would recommend Annandale apartment! It was a pleasure to welcome you, and I hope you will stay again if you ever visit Edinburgh in the future. Thank you!
Kindest regards, Liz
A_Dun
“Excellent accommodation”
Reviewed 5 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Very well placed for access to the city centre. Comfortably furnished and spotlessly clean, with a very friendly owner. All you could want for a city break.

6 Apr 2016
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I sincerely appreciate it. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will return on your next visit. Thank you again, Liz
Beef5keit...
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Five minutes away from the beautiful city is the perfect relaxing retreat.”
Reviewed 16 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

On our first visit to Edinburgh we were welcomed to our lovely warm and comfortable apartment by Margerett.The appartment is less than ten minutes walk from Waverly station. We found the apartment perfectly situated for visiting all four corners of Edinburgh. We used the tour buses and got a great deal on the tickets for the main attractions.

Friends getaway
17 Jan 2016
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Annandale apartment and visit to Edinburgh. I hope you will stay again if you should ever decide to return. Thank you once again, Liz
Slinton20...
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Location, Clean, Convenient”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This property was great. We had an express ride from the airport and were within walking distance of the property. There were numerous restaurants within a couple of blocks including grocery stores. All the main attractions were within walking distance or were easily accessible with the local bus systems. The property was well equipped and was immaculate. Easy directions as to keys, parking, and entry. We gladly recommend this property. You won't be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. We even had a spectacular sunset... no guarantees on that : )
Liked least: Be aware of steps for those with disabilities
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Oct 2015
I would like to thank you very much for your excellent review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and everything was to your satisfaction. Thank you once again for taking the time to complete your review, it is very much appreciated! Kindest regards, Liz
mooseandb...
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 12 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this apartment for 5 nights while travelling around the UK. From the moment we inquired about the apartment until the day we arrived, Liz was nothing but a pleasure to deal with. Correspondence was prompt and extremely helpful, with all questions answered. Liz was at the apartment to greet us upon our arrival from the airport and as we had a hire car, the free parking spot was a great bonus. She gave us a quick tour of the accommodation and was also kind enough to point out places of interest, restaurants that we might enjoy eating at and convenience stores to pick up some groceries. It was such a delight to see a lovely fresh bunch of flowers in a vase in the kitchen to make us feel welcome, as well as a small selection of cereals, shortbread biscuits and even milk in the fridge so we could make a cuppa before we headed out. The apartment itself was perfect and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The shower was hot with great water pressure (always a sign of a good stay for me), a king size bed (one of the main reasons for choosing this place), free wi-fi, a washing machine (which came in very handy while travelling around) and of course, as mentioned, free parking. We were able to walk to all the places of interest and the Playhouse Thratre is not even 10 minutes away so we treated ourselves on the last night of our stay. I can't recommend this accommodation enough. It was spotless when we arrived and Liz obviously goes to great effort to make sure her guests are happy and it shows. Thank you for a wonderful stay and if we didn't live on the other side of the world, this would definitely be our accommodation of choice while in Edinburgh.

13 Oct 2015
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review. I sincerely appreciate your time to complete this. I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and visit to Edinburgh! It was my pleasure to welcome you, and I hope one day if you ever return to Edinburgh, you will stay once again. Thank you! Kindest regards, Liz
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing