“Happy birthday”

Cityroomz Edinburgh
Ranked #96 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel which was celebrating its 1st birthday. Great location.
Within walking distance of the popular sights. Sort bus journey to the zoo which is perfect as the purpose of our trip.
The Bed was comfortable and had soft sheets.
We requested a shower and bath in our room and they gave us exactly that.
The bath was a little small though, so don't expect anything grand in that area.
The shower was lovely and warm through out all times of the day.
I liked the nice big windows.
I'd stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Cityroomz Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for the 'happy birthday' message, yes it's been a year since we took over the hotel and refurbished it to create 'Cityroomz Edinburgh'. Glad to hear that you would stay with us again. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our first time in Edinburgh, and we were amazed by the city.
I'm feeling lucky that we found this hotel. It's right in the heart of the citycentre, so everything is in walking distance! A small shop just right next to the building. All restaurants, bars, clubs are right there, or very close. Castle is in walking distance too and lots of other sightseeing too.
Room and the bathroom were clean and not that small as I expected. The wall colors made me feel good too. Wasn't boring at least :)
I would really recommend it to anyone, who is there to explore the city. If you are a tourist you don't want to spend too much time in the hotel anyway... But when you are there you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. Our location really is great for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer. Thanks for recommending us to others. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for 10 days at the beginning of April - what a little gem.
The staff were all so very helpful and always pleasant.
The room, whilst small, was clean and bright and wonderfully cosy when it was cold.
I had a bunk bed and I have never been so comfortable - the mattress was amazing.
The location is perfect - well within walking distance to the train station and Princes St for shopping and indeed catching local buses - which I did a lot of.

I also went away for a week and they happily stored my luggage until I returned and had no problems when I asked for the room I previously stayed in.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay and would happily stay there again

Room Tip: I had a room to the rear of the building and at the end of a hall
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Cityroomz Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review of the hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was cheap and seemed on great location, and for these reasons we booked it. The room is simple and basic, and that would be ok if it would have been clean, but it was not. The shower had a mosquito that could have been from the Jurasic, and the bed's sheets were old and very used. The matress was not very comfortable and it was a bit cold.
We stayed there for 3 nights and on the second night some noise woke me up at 5 in the morning. We were next to the laundry/service room and I believe the washing machines were on but I complained and they kept denying there was any noise coming from there. In the end I was offered another room that was next to the noisy elevator so I kept mine. Basic breakfast, danish and croissants not fresh or nice.
All in all, I would not recommend this hotel if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eirey26
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Cityroomz Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. The vast majority of guests comment extremely positively about the quality of the rooms and the comfortable beds (they are only 12 months old). As you can see from other reviewers comments we are generally rated highly on all aspects of our room and service. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 12 May 2014

City center located and right in front of the Link100 bus stop for fast transfer from and to the airport. Good beds and we had no outside noise with the windows open (room facing backside). Decent breakfast for £4.95 was good value/price. Simple, clean, pleasant, comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this one as it was ``the cheapest`` right in the centre for that busy.weekend. We spent average 90£ per night without breakfast, so at the end not that cheap. Location is really great but that`s the only thing. Dirty and noisy. Also rude cleaners rushing you out at 8.30 am even with do not disturb panel outside...We tried once breakfast...awful. All in all, great location but expensive and trashy. Not recommended at all.

1  Thank Giuseppe83_MK

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, however this review does seem to be out of context when seen with the majority of other reviewers positive comments on both the rooms and the levels of service that we offer. We also get lots of good feedback on our great value continental breakfast. Kind regards Javeed Anwar

Reviewed 7 May 2014

It wanted a small room in a central location with good wifi and that was exactly what I got. You cab't get any closer to the city centre and the bus stop for the airport is just outside the hotel. Basic rooms, but did the job perfectly and good wifi connection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bjornen75
GeneralManager1969, Manager at Cityroomz Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh. Thank you for leaving a lovely review. Kind regards Javeed Anwar