“Like Arnie - I'll be back!”
Review of Tapa

Tapa
Ranked #48 of 2,457 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: No matter where you are in Spain, a moments walk from the main tourist traps will almost always immerse you in the hustle and bustle of real Spanish life- busy bars and restaurants full of animated discussions conducted over fresh, homemade food. With this in mind, we selected our home of 19 Shore Place as the perfect venue to recreate this wonderful ambiance in Edinburgh.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like Arnie - I'll be back!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

First time at Tapa and will not be the last.
The food choice was very good. The waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
The food came pretty quickly and it was tasty. My wife who is a very honest critic gave every dish top marks, except the cold sliced chorizo with salad but that was just under.
Her patata brava with spinach and cheese, was superb and my pork cheeks, wonderful.

Not only the taste of the food but the delicate presentation as well.

Top marks for everything really and will be back in May.

1 Thank Stewart M
Tapaleith, Owner at Tapa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for such a great review!

I normally finish responses with "...we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.." but you've already beaten me to it!

So, I, guess I'll just finish with another Terminator quote,

"Hasta la Vista, Baby!"

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Scotland
“Great atmosphere and lovely food.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went here for my birthday last week.I hadn't been before but I was so glad I booked.The menu was varied and the tapas was delicious.If you've not tried tapas before then this is a good place to go.I would say that 5 dishes between 2 people is about right (depending on how greedy your husband is). One more thing,I booked through their website which was a lot better than some I've seen. Will definitely return.

Tapaleith, Owner at Tapa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review that not only included a personal recommendation but a rewarding "thumbs up" for the work we've recently done on our website!

The Team and I were delighted to read your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

“Tapa season is here”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

With the warmer weather now arriving my partner and I decided to head out for Tapas.

We do enjoy this restaurant. The food is good and the service is excellent. The manager is very professional and clearly runs a good operation.

We shared 6 dishes, the meatballs were my favourite I have to say. We also had a couple of glasses of the red Rioja which was fantastic.

All in including top we paid £50 which I think is quite reasonable.

1 Thank Apache_ML
Tapaleith, Owner at Tapa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for the excellent review- we, of course, love the tagline, you can't beat an in joke!

We were made up to read your positive comments and very much look forward to welcoming you back to Tapa in the future!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Staff quality, shame about the food”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Found this restaurant by chance, staff were brilliant knowledgable, helpfull and friendly, then the food came, as the restuarant was freezing and most of the customers had jackets on should have been enough evidence to the owners to pay the heating bill,
food wise 6 tapas for a £10, brilliant value, however not great food and it was cold, no surprise there, even my potatas bravas had a jacket on, sorry,

2 Thank vincent1965
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise - will be back.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I booked Tapa for 2 people on a Saturday evening.

We were seated quickly and our drinks order taken within minutes.

The place has a bustle about it that makes you know it's busy without feeling overcrowded or rushed.

We ordered 6 dishes (probably 1 too many) and every single one of them was cooked perfectly and very tasty.

There is also a great selection of beer and wine.

Every staff member we interacted with were friendly and welcoming.

It's a little bit more expensive than what you'd pay for a meal at that well known tapas chain, but I thought the quality and service cancelled that out.

Located off the main st, you need to nowhere Tapa is rather than just stumble upon it - really is a hidden gem!

Tapaleith, Owner at Tapa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a brilliant review!

Both The Kitchen and The Front of House Team's were delighted that you appreciated the standard of the quality of the ingredients, and, that you noticed the genuine care of the waiter's that you have an enjoyable experience in the restaurant- thank you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Tapa in the future.