“Very good for coffees and light lunches”
Review of Cafe Turquaz

Cafe Turquaz
Ranked #956 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This delightfully informal coffee house, on a busy main street near Edinburgh University, is an ideal place for a light lunch. Delicious homemade soup, filled rolls and panini, many with a Turkish flavour. The panini are especially filling. Service is fast and staff are very friendly and welcoming. My wife and I ate there a lot a few years ago, and I went back today,solo, to find its qualities unchanged. Prices are mid-range, and meals are good value.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Turquaz

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Visited here with my elderly father prior to a show at the venue next door for a coffee.

I ordered one standard coffee, one tea, a piece of not so great chocolate cake and a banana.

I did see on their price list that a coffee was £1.95 .. I was stunned to say the least on paying at the til to be charged nearly £11 for the above. I did not make a scene as I was out with my father and taking him to a show but I am disgusted to have been charged as much for so little!!

I will not be returning as this experience has left me reeling.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I visit Cafe Turquaz on a regular basis with my son, and thought it about time to write a review.

The food is delicious and the staff couldn't be more friendly, kind and welcoming.

The decor is tasteful and is, as expected, Turkish themed. They have highchairs and although they don't have a baby change table, they have plenty of space in a large, clean toilet.

I particularly like sitting in the window seat watching the hustle and bustle of the city. Great as its open until 8pm too!

Nice for anybody popping in alone or in a group.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

We ended up in here a few months ago because we'd been heading to beanscene for a coffee but it was full and I've kept going back everytime I'm in town for a coffee.

The food is fab and great value for money. The staff are very friendly. When we've turned up late in the evening and they've been closing they still say we can come in. The atmosphere is welcoming and relaxed.

I highly recommend everyone try this cafe.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Staff at this cafe are very friendly. The bacon rolls are tasty. I tried the spicey chicken couscous today and would recommend it. I've never had problems with slow service despite visiting at busy times.