“Wow, fantastic restuarant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karen's Unicorn

Karen's Unicorn
Ranked #128 of 2,438 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reading, United Kingdom
“Wow, fantastic restuarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic meal here. We had luxurious steamed sea bass with rice and my god, it was good. Been here a few times on business and I have never had a bad meal. EVER. True, it is on the pricey side, but you pay for quality. I like the atmosphere and the really friendly service, especially Bill. :-)

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“absolutely gorgeous food, the flavour of every ingredient was could be tasted.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Chinese food is normally nice enough but quite bland, salty and greasy. This restaurant was completely different. Every dish tasted different and extremely tasty.
I am vegetarian which often means I have a very limited menu, but not here. I asked if they could do the set menu vegetarian and they came out to advise of the dishes they would replace the normal ones with - a lovely varied selection.

Overall I was so impressed with this restaurant I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Really tasty food and faultless service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here for the first time in a few years so thought I'd add a review.

If you like Chinese take away you can't go wrong, it's everything you can get from a take away, but with better quality ingredients, fresh, delivered straight to your table, and with quality service.

We had chicken satay, char sui bai, lemon chicken and crispy shredded chicken - all brilliant (peanut sauce was probably the best I've had).

The attentive and ultra polite staff make the experience a whole lot nicer too, the wee touches like offering water top ups without being asked, dishing up your rice, opening doors for you etc - just excellent.

Endless delivery of prawn crackers, and complimentary chocolates to finish we're a nice touch too.

Highly recommended if that's what you're in the mood for.

Milnathort
“Everything they say it is.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, I surprised Mrs G by taking her to lunch. Everything was right about this restaurant; the food, the ambience and the service. Oh, and my lunch companion was delightful. I have to say this as she reads my reviews.
The well chosen wine list was as welcome as it was unexpected. We ordered the Albariño, an increasingly popular Spanish white.
As Arnie says, 'I'll be back'.

Visited May 2014
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wow - how did I not know you existed before? ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My partner wanted to take me out for my birthday and following a raving review from a work colleague we decided on here.

Don't let the outside fool you (doesn't look overly welcoming - but just wait till you go inside).

Our jackets were taken away and prawn crackers swiftly placed on our table. The menu is good, plenty of choice and reasonably priced. We went for chicken satay and duck spring rolls to start, followed by duck in peking sauce and shredded chilli chicken. Sides were egg fried rice and poached noodles.

Could not fault the food, everything was eaten up and the nice touch of a chocolate at the end was good.

Bill, the waiter kept our water and wine glasses topped, thank you for an enjoyable evening.

The only point I'd like to make is your website needs fixed, it is unusable in regards to menu and booking - please fix this.