“Breakfast”

Neighbourhood: Old Town
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Good breakfast, plenty to choose from and a buffet

Visited January 2012

Sydney
“Cosy, clean, fast, tasty, safe”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

After a four-hour train journey from London I wasn't looking for a gourmet dining experience just somewhere safe, warm, tasty, and catering to my teenaged vegetarian daughter. A thin-crust margarita pizza topped with rocket (GBP7.95) + salad (GBP3.95) was fine to share + nice Australian red wine. Staff were friendly, efficient, chatted for a minute then back to work. NB: If you like your pizzas thick-based and running with greasy cheese skip this place, it was definitely more in the traditional Italian style & much, much nicer.

Visited November 2011
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Typical scottish food”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

If you like U.K. bill of fare, fish/chips, ale pie, ets etc etc its OK. We enjoyed the scottish folk show though

Visited October 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
“Terrible”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

It was a quiet Sunday night and myself and my fiancé were the only patrons of the restaurant.
The food was awful. We had to send back one of the main courses (lamb rogan josh) because it was simply inedible. The other main was a greasy mess too. The complimentary dessert was tasteless.
Do not eat here

London, United Kingdom
“god-awful....just terrible....”
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Considering it was a Saturday night, and a rugby international weekend, the restaurant should have been packed...the fact that there was only four other people in there was the first clue that something was wrong. The menu looked ok... and then it all went downhill from there. The bread we were given had obviously been taken out the freezer as it was soggy and very cold. My boyfriend and friend ordered roast beef (they couldn't choose how it was cooked, apparantly it all just comes out the same) and I ordered a turkey breast. When the food arrived the beef was fatty and had obviously been (over)cooked hours before. My 'turkey' was an odd grey colour, and literally covered in fat... now I am not a fan of fatty meat, hence why I ordered the turkey, which is not meant to have any fat. However our efforts to catch the waiter's eye were ignored, and as it was at least 9 'o' clock it was too late to go elsewhere. So we tried to eat... I managed about 4-5 bites of the 'turkey' and then due to the amount of fat, focused my attentions on the accompaniments of rock hard stuffing balls and cranberry sauce, which were not much better than the meat. About 10 minutes after we finished eating (with our plates still sitting in front of us; the waitering service matching the food) my boyfriend had to run to the bathroom to be sick. We decided it was probably time to talk to the manager. So over he came... and proceeded to basically shout at us and treat us like we were stupid. Apparantly if you're sick, all they can do is give you the nhs 24 hour number and hr office number. And apparantly it takes 24 hours to get a stomach bug from food, so my boyfriend's churning stomach couldn't possibly be anything to do with them, to which I replied that we weren't saying his food was off, just that it was awful. He said we should have said something during the meal, which we had tried to do. When we told him this he said the waiter had told him that he had come over and asked us and we had said it was fine...LIES! (I managed to speak to the waiter and ask him why he'd lied and he'd said he had been around in the dining room which was pretty much the same thing as actually talking to us...mmmm...NO!) I told the manager about the obscenely fatty turkey to which he patronisingly replied that turkey didn't have fat. I know. That's why I ordered it. So why did it have fat on it then? He said he would go check and went to the kitchen. This was the last time we saw the manager. I'm guessing he realised what a complete mess they had made and ran away to avoid having to apologise. We realised that I had actually been given pork instead of turkey, which I would have noticed had I been able to eat more than a nibble! After half an hour of waiting for the manager to return we decided to cut our losses and leave, so we paid, yes paid, for our food and left.
Now, I would like to hope this was a one-off, however my parents have just been to Exeter and stayed in the Jury's Inn there and I hear the breakfast was vomit-inducing too. Plus, as I mentioned, this was a Saturday night and one of the busiest events of the year, they should have been on top form. I cannot comprehend how a. the chef thought this food was acceptable, and b. how the manager could behave like that; if anyone ever deserved the sack, it would be him. Our experience at the Innfusion ruined our evening, and I really hope no one else will make the mistake of going here, especially if you value your health and sanity.

1 Thank midtwentiestraveller