“Wonderful tour with Afternoon Tea Tours”

Afternoon Tea Tours
Ranked #51 of 195 Tours in Edinburgh
Tualatin, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour with Afternoon Tea Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband wanted to see Culross, the village his ancestors came from and Robert (Helen's husband) researched the area so he could give us in-depth background on Culross. Robert picked us up at our B&B and spent the whole day with us. He was knowledgeable, friendly, willing to stop wherever we wanted, and focused totally on giving us a wonderful tour. We so enjoyed getting to see Culross, having lunch in the Red Lion pub and touring the village. It was nice to leave the driving (on the 'wrong' side of the road!) to someone else. The day was a highlight of our two week trip to Britain. Robert gave us a great tour!

1 Thank 2011TravlLvr

chicago
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Helen is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Helen picked us up at the airport and took us to Cramond Point in N.W. Edinburgh where she and her family live. She took us to the point and we saw low tide and took many pictures. Then we went to her house and had tea. Helen not only had tea, but many goodies to eat, and after airplane food they were very tasty. The nicest quality about Helen is that she makes one feel right at home. She shared her family with us by showing us her daughter's wedding photos, which were beautiful. She also told us a little about herself and how she started her business. Then she wanted to know what we wanted to do when we toured with her. She tailor -makes everyone's tour to suit them, not her. We knew that we wanted to see Fife and Angus as some of our relatives were from that area. We were not really on a fanatic ancestry search, but we were interested in the area that our great grandparents lived. After discussing this, she took us back to our hotel, and two days later picked us up to start our travels. We drove up the Fife coast and spent our first night in St. Andrews. Helen was a wealth of knowledge, explaining the flowers, history etc. as she drove along. (luckily we were not driving ) She knows all the good restaurants and the stops to make. I just can't say enough about her. Then we went on to Glamis, saw the Angus Folk Museum and Glamis Castle, and off to Alyth where we stayed in the Lands of Loyal Hotel.....WOW a great place, even though we had a fire alarm in the middle of the night. Then on to Kirrie and Forfar...seeing many rainbows on our way. Eating at a cute Inn called Drovers and then staying at ChapelBank Hotel in Forfar. The next day it was raining and we heard that the streets were all blocked off because Prince Charles was coming to Forfar to salute the Black Watch troops. We put on our rain coats, saw the parade and even got to talk with Prince Charles. We are sure that Helen had planned this. Then, unfortunately, we had to go back to Edinburgh and this was our last day with Helen, but we managed to squeeze in dinner in Southqueensferry before going back to our Hotel. I would love to go back to Scotland because of Helen, but I am also hoping that she will visit the Midwest as I am preparing her itinerary. I could write pages on Helen and how wonderful she is as a tour guide, but she is even more than that, you can tell that she loves what she does and she loves Scotland and we came away with a love of Scotland and for her.

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We recently met Helen during our visit to Edinburgh and had a great day out exploring East Lothian. I was travelling with my teenage daughter and Helen immediately put us both at ease with her charm and grace. She is a teriffic communicator with a lovely sense of humour and great pride in her heritage which was evident as we toured around the countryside. The afternoon tea itself was magnificent and something I will certainly never forget. My biggest regret is that we didn't stumble across Helens services prior to booking other tours. Had we have done so and knowing what we know now, I would have quite cheerfully asked Helen to plan and host our entire itinerary. Do contact afternoon tea tours if you are considering a visit to Edinburgh and the Scottish countryside and allow Helen to suggest ideas for a lovely stay.

Newport, RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Helen is a real gem! If you're looking for a private tour off the beaten path, this is for you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

My sister and I traveled to Edinburgh for the first time in March. We are both pretty seasoned travelers and always interested in seeing everything we can but not on the usual tour busses or crowded ways. We are always looking for something a little more unexpected and unconventional and we couldn't have been more pleased! We knew we weren't up for driving in Edinburgh and although public transportation is available, there was no replacement for getting to see the rolling countryside and hard to reach places. Helen is a wonderful guide, she's flexible, knowledgeable and we certainly consider her a new friend in Edinburgh. I highly recommend contacting her in your planning stages as her recommendations are wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate contacting her again to tour Edinburgh and have another entirely different experience.

1 Thank NewportGal
Pooler, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great day with Helen Fraser as a guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Helen offers the afternoon tea tour but we did a whole day with her exploring outside the city of Edinburgh. She was wonderful-full of information and was willing to do things our way. Waterfall, castle countryside, etc. She was very careful of my tender knee and planned accordingly. She picked us up at our hotel and returned us there at the end of the day. Thanks for a great day, Helen and I recommend her to everyone who would like to do things their own way in Edinburgh and vicinity.

Visited March 2012