“Touring Scotland with a Local”

Afternoon Tea Tours
Ranked #24 of 225 Tours in Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our trip to Scotland was short, but sweet. I'm very happy that we booked a tour with Afternoon Tea Tours. Helen was über courteous and her communication skills with email are spot on. You will never feel abandoned or adrift with Helen. She is steady, calm and in love with Scotland. If you want to find the places that have real value and rich culture embedded in them, then this is the guide to go with. She thinks of everything. She even found a copy of the Dundee newspaper that had my graduation class listed in it. It is these little touches that warms the heart.

Helen is well connected and takes her business seriously. She has worked hard to develop connections with high quality tourism professionals and to search out places that really deliver on taste and service. Some of the best meals I have ever had were on her tour, in little out-of-the-way places that I never would have chanced upon myself. Because of all this attention to detail, she is able to pick and choose her customers and charge a premium, which is what her services are worth. I'm very glad that we booked with her, even though it pinched my pocket book. I truly feel that she helped to make my in-laws' first trip to Scotland wonderful. They are young, fit seniors just beginning to explore beyond North America. This was their first trip across the Atlantic and our first time ever hiring a guide. It was so much better than trying to show them the sights from a train window, or learning to drive on the other side of the road ;) I would definitely book a tour with her again!

1  Thank CanadianGirlScout
"wonderful photos"
"beautiful country"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My daughters and I spent a wonderful day with Helen. She customized our tour to fit our schedule. Helen related easily to my children, ages 11 and 14. And, in return, they adore her. When we return to Scotland, with more family, Helen will be our guide to see EVERYTHING. We highly recommend Helen.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Seeing Scotland with Helen was the highlight of our 10 day trip to England and Scotland. Her love of Scotland is infectious. Traveling with my sister, our 91 year young dad, and my 23 year old daughter, Helen took time to get to know each of us, and learn our varied interests. During the two full days we were lucky to spend with her, she showed us so many wonderful sights and made a point to find special things for each of us (not an easy feat, with such a diverse group). Just to mention a few - from the Scottish Borders countryside to the Highlands, Abbotsford House, Melrose Abbey, Highland Chocolatier, and the Firth of Forth Bridge. She is very flexible, knowledgeable, and sensitive to your needs and interests. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank FrugalTravels
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband surprised me with a 30th anniversary trip to London and Edinburgh and arranged to have a private tour in Scotland with Helen Fraser (and her husband Robert as it turned out) to show us castles and points of interest that we would not have seen if we had gone a bus tour. From Sterling to Blair in the Highland, our days were full interesting sights and information on Scotland's history. I can't wait to go back to the UK and visit our new friends that made our trip so special.

1  Thank HYGSue
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Afternoon Tea Tours was such a amazing time. Helen (my wonderful tour guide) really chose places and things to see that were of interest to me. I love castles! Helen took me to the beautiful Blair Castle. It's very attractive in pictures, but in person it just stands out. The different stops we made before we got to Blair Castle were just breathtaking. The countryside was lovely scattered with sheep, cows, pheasants, etc. We saw peacocks @ Blair Castle. Helen took me to The Highland Chocolatier for hot chocolate and I chose a yummy piece of chocolate to go with it. We ate lunch at a old working mill and it was just so intimate and old world. The soup & bread was very good. I have to mention The House of Bruar. Helen took me to this luxury clothing shop and this fine establishment is something to see. It has very pretty Scottish clothing and a delicatessen, where you can try over 50 artisan cheeses. Tea and scones were enjoyed later that afternoon in the beautiful town of Dunkeld. I could go on and on... Thank you Helen for such a wonderful adventure, and I'm already dreaming of a trip back to Scotland. Deya

1  Thank WPS2013