“Wonderful Day in Edinburgh”

Afternoon Tea Tours
Ranked #54 of 202 Tours in Edinburgh
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Day in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a wonderful day in Edinburgh. Helen is thoughtful and ensures that you have a memorable day and adventure. Her tour was bespoke to our personalities and needs. We will be back!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jennyjay17

Dusseldorf, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Oh, such a perfect day!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

During our first stay in Edinburgh 3,5 years ago, we booked Helen for 2 days and we just loved it. So when coming back this spring, we were most delighted to hear that Helen had no tour so far on our requested date and we did another excellent tour with her. We first had another idea where we would like to go, but it was a bit far for just one day and Helen suggested a "Plan B" which was a bit closer but nevertheless fantastic. As we had left out Stirling Castle the first time, we started the tour there and we didn't regret it. The Castle, the view and the tour at Stirling was really great. Later we had an luxurious afternoon tea at Prestonfield House. It was just wonderful to sit by the fire and enjoy tea, sandwiches and scones and chat with Helen.

Helen arranged everything so wonderful and every tour she takes you on has this special "spoil-me-factor". You just feel like a vip and at the same time like just hanging out with a friend.

Thank you so much for that perfect day!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank KandM2010
Edmonton, Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Touring Scotland with a Local”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our trip to Scotland was short, but sweet. I'm very happy that we booked a tour with Afternoon Tea Tours. Helen was über courteous and her communication skills with email are spot on. You will never feel abandoned or adrift with Helen. She is steady, calm and in love with Scotland. If you want to find the places that have real value and rich culture embedded in them, then this is the guide to go with. She thinks of everything. She even found a copy of the Dundee newspaper that had my graduation class listed in it. It is these little touches that warms the heart.

Helen is well connected and takes her business seriously. She has worked hard to develop connections with high quality tourism professionals and to search out places that really deliver on taste and service. Some of the best meals I have ever had were on her tour, in little out-of-the-way places that I never would have chanced upon myself. Because of all this attention to detail, she is able to pick and choose her customers and charge a premium, which is what her services are worth. I'm very glad that we booked with her, even though it pinched my pocket book. I truly feel that she helped to make my in-laws' first trip to Scotland wonderful. They are young, fit seniors just beginning to explore beyond North America. This was their first trip across the Atlantic and our first time ever hiring a guide. It was so much better than trying to show them the sights from a train window, or learning to drive on the other side of the road ;) I would definitely book a tour with her again!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank CanadianGirlScout
Lyon, France
“Touring with Helen...”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My daughters and I spent a wonderful day with Helen. She customized our tour to fit our schedule. Helen related easily to my children, ages 11 and 14. And, in return, they adore her. When we return to Scotland, with more family, Helen will be our guide to see EVERYTHING. We highly recommend Helen.

Visited November 2013
“Helen was amazing!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Seeing Scotland with Helen was the highlight of our 10 day trip to England and Scotland. Her love of Scotland is infectious. Traveling with my sister, our 91 year young dad, and my 23 year old daughter, Helen took time to get to know each of us, and learn our varied interests. During the two full days we were lucky to spend with her, she showed us so many wonderful sights and made a point to find special things for each of us (not an easy feat, with such a diverse group). Just to mention a few - from the Scottish Borders countryside to the Highlands, Abbotsford House, Melrose Abbey, Highland Chocolatier, and the Firth of Forth Bridge. She is very flexible, knowledgeable, and sensitive to your needs and interests. We can't wait to go back!

Visited September 2013