“I always wanna wannaburger”
Review of Wannaburger - CLOSED

Wannaburger
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Wannaburger is a modern fast food restaurant offering the tastiest burgers, hot dogs, shakes, desserts and more. We source the best ingredients to provide you with our interpretation of some American classics. All our beef is locally sourced Scotch Beef, our own-recipe buns are baked fresh every day and all our food is cooked to order and served in double quick time. Come and visit us in the heart of Edinburgh's West End.
“I always wanna wannaburger”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I came to edinburgh for 3 days and the only thing I am sad about is that I only came here on my last day.

Having said that if I did go to this place on the first day I would probably have been admitted to a hospital for heart problems or I would have been asked to leave by the staff because it would have seemed really strange coming in and just eating there all the time and never leaving.

My only issue is that this place isn't going to be at my home, which means that I have to put up with McDonalds again and that makes me sad.

I loved my burger so much I didn't actually want to eat it, I would of taken it home and used it as a pillow.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris P

scotland
“Great value & Good food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Good system here for ordering your food with a device to alert you when your food is ready. Very good value and the food was great. A visit to the spotless loo was upstairs and signposted, helpful to know I hadn't got lost as it's up a few flights. Very friendly service at the counter.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Good None Beef Burgers”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

While traveling through Edinburgh, my friend had a hankering for a hamburger and suggested we go to Wannaburger after we passed by the window. I was reluctant as I don’t eat beef, but was happy to find both vegetarian and poultry options. I went with the spicy chicken burger with spicy fries. What can I say? I like spicy food!

The restaurant was nice and clean and had a comfortable laid back vibe to it. The staff was great and was helpful at making suggestions that will save you money, though the prices are already quiet reasonable to begin with.

The food was really good! Though the portions of the burger were a little smaller than expected, but I walked away with a full belly. My only complaint was that the food was a little on the salty side. This doesn’t surprise me as many places mistake “spicy” to mean extra salty for some reason. This is not just at Wannaburger trait as it happens in many restaurants, but it was noticeable. Still, I’d go back again for sure!

• Visited April 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent independent burger bar”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wannaburger has a great menu - lots of different burgers, including three vegetarian options (portobello mushroom, halloumi, bean burger), as well as milkshakes. I had the halloumi burger and my partner had a double cheeseburger - both were great. After paying, you receive a 'buzzer' device to take to your table. This vibrates when your food is ready to collect. The service is excellent and friendly, the restaurant itself is clean with a kitsch American decor, and food is decently priced, between £3-8 per burger/meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Emily P
“Mmm... Shakes!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The only bad thing I would say is the cleanliness of the place! Had to stop the girl to clean our table, no problem! The girl that cleaned our table lovly but the old man that served us didn't really want to! But food really good burger really good! Chips really! But the shakes oh the shakes!!!