“Streets ahead...”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Each time I visit this place it gets better and better. Good with friends for a quick drink before moving on. Weekend nights are good downstairs for the disco. Very cool vibe, nice setting and decor. Upstair has a few booths for more intimate drinking and conversing. Was there on Sunday 23rd Feb with my gf, bar man was polite and brought us a candle :) £3.50 for a Long Island Ice Tea as well - braw! Took my gf specifically to show her the toilet lay out (sad I know). Anyways, pretty classy at night.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Really like The Street. A good mix of customers and the staff are friendly and like a natter.

The layout has always been odd, but the current owners have managed to make it work, particularly turning downstairs into a 3am bar on Fridays and Saturdays.

Give it a try. They do nice food too!

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The street is one of the best bars in Edinburgh. It has a great atmosphere and very friendly staff, the food is great too! Its a very mixed bar with gay and straight people. Not like the hellish place cc blooms across the road The street isn't on its high horse . Just a great bar. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

There is a bar tender she is so grumpy and rude. Is the girl with brown hair and curly girl, every time that you ask her for a drink she seem that she is hating you in that very moment, she is busy answering her text more than into serving customers.

The other day I order a BBQ sandwich and it came with someone's hair I complaint about it and they took a piece of my sandwich, but they didn't replace it, but I got charged full price... Really?

It's a good venue to go and have fun but it always depends of who is on that shift

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Took advantage of a deal for a sharing platter with cocktails for 2 - not really our type of place. Mostly a high stool sitting place and just a bit...... well put it this way if you are over 45 give this place a body swerve. One thing I will say is that the person who served us was very helpful and very friendly. We had the meat platter which should have included olives - no there wasn't any olives, but the portion of potato fries was enough for four people. It was disappointing, but I can imagine it would be a popular meeting place in the warmer weather (ha ha ha) as there is a lovely outside eating area. The music would have been enjoyable if we hadn't been seated right under a very loud speaker. I notice that they have another offer on, but the picture of the food on offer has no resemblance to what we had today. Will we be back - no I don't think so.

2  Thank Winnie46Edinburgh