Treacle Bar and Kitchen
Cuisines: Scottish, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Reviewed 11 June 2014

As I live in the area, I was passing by this place many times on my way home, but never managed to visit. I was mainly under impression this is kind of drinking/hanging out place for Friday nights. That's why I was pleasantly surprised to learn this place is perfect for a Saturday informal lunch with colleagues.

We arrived in a number of five to find our reserved table at the table as requested. The service was excellent, the waitress took the drinks order straight away and our food order after the drinks arrived. All cocktails/drinks very delicious and although i chose a non-alcoholic mocktail, it was so delicious I got positively hooked on this - raspberry mojito mocktail.

For food we chose a variety of burgers, Asian-fusion noodle dish and a selection of small dishes. All food was top quality and presentation was very impressive.

Last but not the least the customer service was excellent - fast, polite but informal and relaxing.

This place is by all means will be my No 1 choice in Broughton Street I shall return to again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place is great - warm friendly service, funky decor and the food is fab, I had a salad and my hubby had a burger which was ginormous. Plus the food is very reasonably priced as well. Will definitely swing by this place when next in Edinburgh

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit of a regular here. Amazing food, great cocktails, good service and nice staff and decor. Highly recommended! A must!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

When in a new city, I tend to go to many different places to sample all kinds of food. I wasn't able to do that while here in Edinburgh because we just kept coming back to Treacle.Tthe food is high-quality and delicious, and the service super friendly. dog-friendly, artisanal cocktails, vegetarian, gluten-free (on request), great atmosphere and fun furnishings make it a perfect place to relax and meet the locals.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Treacle for my mums 85th Birthday. The staff were lovely and did not rush us in any way. The ages ranged from ages 20yrs to 85yrs old and we all felt at home! The food came out all at the same time, so no one was waiting on being served and we could all eat together. My partner, reckoned that his burger beat a very well know American burger place in George St, high praise indeed as he does rate this restaurant too!!
We were not rushed in any way and we were there at 12.30pm and didn't leave till after 3pm. Try the cocktails, these guys know what they're about!!
Dogs and children made welcome which was lovely and we will be back with the younger generation soon, no doubt!