“Nice atmosphere”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Went on 29/8 for breakfast. Arrived just before busy spell. Not suitable for disabled as stairs and quite cramped. I was on crutches and struggled a bit.
Lots of quirkiness and charm to the tea room. Reasonable prices. I personally did not enjoy my sausage bap due to personal preference but my husband loved his! The cakes/pastries on display looked incredible and so mouth watering! Don't know if we would go back but it was a nice wee stop as it was recommended to us on the bus tour because of who Clarinda was!

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This little gem on the Palace of Holyrood end of the Royal Mile is a perfect place for a spot of tea. The desserts are also amazing. Larger tables are shared by groups, which makes interesting conversation for visitors, and others choose to just sit or read quietly.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

This is in a quiet part of town near the Scottish Parliament and Holyrood Palace but easy to find on Canongate , an extension of the Royal Mike at its lower end . The tearoom has probably nine tables which can be shared st busy times , excellent Scottish staff and an even better array of delicious treats . I went for breakfast at this popular venue and waited a few minutes but it was worth it . The Scottish breakfasts with optional haggis looked excellent but I opted for what was the best porridge I have ever tasted . If you want a latte or cappuccino be prepared to be disappointed for this is a tea room and has filter coffee or filter coffee as your option . However the frothy hot milk made it almost indistinguishable but I am no coffee connoisseur . I am returning today , possibly this time for tea as their cakes look amazing - the best of Scottish baking of which my Scottish mother in law regales tales. A wonderful place and unique ; very definitely to be highly recommended in this age of corporate and colourless coffee cafes.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

This is a very small tea room so you may have to wait for a table. The food is very good, our party had Quiche, soup, sandwiches, dessert, and all were very good. The prices are reasonable. It is quite a walk from the castle end of the Royal Mile, but worth the journey.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Old world charm in this tea room. None of the crockery or cutlery or chairs or tables matched which is charming in a way. The cakes are absolutely wonderful and the tea was good too. Be aware, they only take cash which is odd in the 21st Century, especially on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, one of the busiest streets in Scotland! Also, you may be asked to share your table. This place could be easily missed and I think the cakes should be more easily visible from outside, it would definitely tempt more people in. If you do go have the lemon cake!