“Couldn't fault this hotel for the price.”

Travelodge Edinburgh Airport Ratho Station Hotel
Ranked #109 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault this hotel for the price.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the Traveodge the night before a very early morning flight. Hotel was spotless and better than many hotels we have stayed in around the world for much dearer prices, but at just over 36 GDP for our room, it was an absolute bargain. The room was a bit warm when we arrived but we turned the heat down and opened the window so had no problems. The restaurant was pretty good, cafe style. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We checked out at 0400 and were able to get a coffee before leaving. It's a very short taxi ride at that time in the morning. There were 3 family couples staying on this trip. We would deffinately choose to stay here if flying out of Edinburgh again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Arrived late on a Monday night, was staying for one night before going to the airport first thing in the following morning. Greeted by a friendly member of staff, checked in quickly. I had a large room on the ground floor. It was quiet and clean. Room had a shower over bath there was plenty of hot water. No hair dryer was in the room but got one from reception without any problems. Only downside for me was that there had been an incident nearby which resulted in the main road to the airport being closed that morning. My flight was at 7am, so had to be going through security by 6:10 at the latest. I'd timed all this perfectly the night before. However because the road was shut I was cutting everything very fine, I did make my flight, but I had to do things differently at the airport, like park in the short stay, I also had to run thought airport etc, good job I'm young and fit-ish. I was informed this road was closed as I checked out.....it had been closed all night, and while I appreciate that because of the time of night when the incident occurred that it may not have been suitable to make guests aware at that moment in time, in my opinion the sensible solution would have been to put notes under every door that night so that people at least new there was a problem before they checked out. If that had happened I would have been able to leave a lot earlier than I did. I got my flight....but I can almost guarantee that others, especially those who did not know an alternitive route or who we relying on public transport would have missed their flights. The only point of this hotels location is for the airport, so staff should have done more to make people aware of the situations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dundee
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Upon arrival I was treated well by staff member Mr. Mullholland, who was helpful informative and kind. He was also happy to prepare and serve food for me after 11.30pm (which, as you could imagine, is quite unusual for hotel staff). The dining area was okay but was located near to the entrance, so don't expect a peaceful meal at night. Upon arriving to my room, I found it to be very cold and even after turning the heating up for several hours I still found it to be cold. The mattress was as comfy as big budget hotels. The room wasn't aesthetically pleasing but considering the price (£44/night) I shouldn't complain.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience at the Edinburgh Airport Travelodge and would recommend it to anyone on a low budget.

If you do choose to stay the night at any travelodge, book online as it is much cheaper

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Travelodge prior to catching a flight the next morning. The room (disabled access and walk-in shower) was fine. The room featured two twin beds shoved together, which is not ideal, but perfectly acceptable. We slept well and the staff was very friends. BUT, and this is a huge but, DO NOT eat at this hotel. The food was horrible. Everything was microwaved and tasteless. Because we were there on a Sunday night, we didn't even get one of the side dishes because they didn't have any. Chips? I think there may have been ten small ones on the plate, but that was it. We paid ahead so dinner was included and the cost was £9.95 per person for just the main course and a drink. Seriously felt robbed. Stay here for a night's sleep and enjoy, but do not eat here unless you are a fan of badly microwaved food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SouthernBelle52

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The room was cold on arrival.
The cafe/bar or what ever you call it,was open to the reception. It looked more like a works canteen that a restaurant. It was also not that warm.

However, the food was excellent and well prepared and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank James B
Scotland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here in September before an early flight to Pisa thankfully perhaps just as the weather began to cool down. Could not fault the hotel. Clean and comfortable enough considering the relatively cheap price compared with most others in area of Edinburgh airport. Early start meant that we could only have the self service early continental breakfast which was quite good and plentiful if a bit lacking in much of any substance which I do feel could be improved upon by the addition of some cold meats, salami, cheese perhaps rather that just toast, rolls, jams and muffins.

No sign of the overly hot rooms spoken of by others just a cosy comfortable room to suit a pre flight room. All in all I would definitely stay again and would recommend to others although it could benefit from a wake-up call system.

Room Tip: get a room NOT facing busy main road although even they are quite well insulated.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amber54
cumbria
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Recently stayed here, the young lad in reception who was polite, seemed to be juggling between reception the bar and seveing food, unsure if it was short staffed or this the Travelodge procedure, how ever he checked us in with politeness... Our room was on back of hotel, room was good standard and bed was comfortable.. We booked the £10 2 course and this again was good for the price and again the young lad from reception brought our meals out, take my hat of to him to remain calm and professional while multiskilling :) for the airport yes I would recommended this place, we left our car at park and fly which was a few mins away.....

Room Tip: Back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business