“Excellent stay ”

Ranked #109 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay ”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel. Was checked in by a young lad called john I think was told about the local amenities etc very please I also went down for food later on that night they looked rather busy so expected a good wait only waited 15mins for my chicken filllet burger which was very nice the staff are great on check ou was greeted with a lovely young cheery girl I think it was Rebecca Mabey not sure but all staff great

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank dfulton69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
Keswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Rooms are decent and clean, we found our room a little too warm if anything. Watch out for postcode you need to turn left immediately before dual carriageway at the back of hotel - we didn't and ended up having to drive 4 miles before being able to turn around. The website gives you 2 postcodes but the alternative one for Sat nav didn't work on 2 Sat Navs or on googlemaps on a couple of phones. However, once found, it's a nice hotel - probably better than other Travelodge's I've stayed in. Great staff too :) We overnighted for an early morning flight - location was very handy. NB if you happen to be using the Park & Fly, it's left on the round about then left by McD's. We'd definitely use this hotel again if we have an early flight from Edinburgh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Kizzie27
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 8 December 2013

very modern, spacious and clean room. The staff was helpful and the breakfast good. There is a bus station going to the center of edinburgh 4 minutes away. the only negative was that not free internet wifi was provided.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed the night before going abroad. Hotel was very clean, comfy beds, staff were very friendly, went out their way to help with my 2kids, couldn't say a bad thing about them. and my personal favourite I found it super cheap for what it was. If your expecting room service, look elsewhere, when we arrived I was hungry and headed to the restaurant and asked if I could get the food in my room, was told I would have to wait and then take it up, wasn't a problem, I was just happy to get fed, was a good size portion and tasted good too.

the only reason I never gave it 5 stars, is it wasn't the easiest place to find. When I had found it I was on the Dual carriageway and had some distance to go to be able to turn round to get back to it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Had an overnight stay here en route to Edinburgh Airport. Unlike many other "airport hotels", this one is actually very close to the airport. I was greeted with a very pleasant welcome and the reception area was spacious, clean and tidy.
My room was spotlessly clean and well presented. There is a well stocked bar area and restaurant on the ground floor.
I've taken off one star because I had to pay for WiFi and that's just a rip off in today's hotels.
The hotel however is very nice, helpful staff and recommended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the Traveodge the night before a very early morning flight. Hotel was spotless and better than many hotels we have stayed in around the world for much dearer prices, but at just over 36 GDP for our room, it was an absolute bargain. The room was a bit warm when we arrived but we turned the heat down and opened the window so had no problems. The restaurant was pretty good, cafe style. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We checked out at 0400 and were able to get a coffee before leaving. It's a very short taxi ride at that time in the morning. There were 3 family couples staying on this trip. We would deffinately choose to stay here if flying out of Edinburgh again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Arrived late on a Monday night, was staying for one night before going to the airport first thing in the following morning. Greeted by a friendly member of staff, checked in quickly. I had a large room on the ground floor. It was quiet and clean. Room had a shower over bath there was plenty of hot water. No hair dryer was in the room but got one from reception without any problems. Only downside for me was that there had been an incident nearby which resulted in the main road to the airport being closed that morning. My flight was at 7am, so had to be going through security by 6:10 at the latest. I'd timed all this perfectly the night before. However because the road was shut I was cutting everything very fine, I did make my flight, but I had to do things differently at the airport, like park in the short stay, I also had to run thought airport etc, good job I'm young and fit-ish. I was informed this road was closed as I checked out.....it had been closed all night, and while I appreciate that because of the time of night when the incident occurred that it may not have been suitable to make guests aware at that moment in time, in my opinion the sensible solution would have been to put notes under every door that night so that people at least new there was a problem before they checked out. If that had happened I would have been able to leave a lot earlier than I did. I got my flight....but I can almost guarantee that others, especially those who did not know an alternitive route or who we relying on public transport would have missed their flights. The only point of this hotels location is for the airport, so staff should have done more to make people aware of the situations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business