Travelodge Edinburgh Airport Ratho Station Hotel
Ranked #109 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've stayed at this Travelodge many times, but I think this was the most comfortable stay - they seem to have new double beds. I miss the old style pull out sofa beds in the family rooms though, which we used to book as a double so we could use the sofa as a sofa! The hotel is about six years old now but still looks very well presented. Staff were helpful and friendly as usual. Although it is very close to the airport, even sleeping with the window open I didn't hear the planes (our room was on the back of the hotel this time - best to keep the triple glazed windows closed on the road side for a really quiet sleep). I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We used this hotel 2 years ago we had the worst nights sleep ever the beds were so uncomfortable it was unbelievable , I booked this hotel not thinking I had been there befor, and when we arrived I thought oh no , but what an excellent suprise they had changed the beds to very comfortable we had a very good nights sleep ,and the food was very good in the restaurant

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank splasherPreston
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Newly renovated, looks and feels like a brand new hotel. Helpful staff. Great location ner airport (5 minutes away) and city bus line stop scross the road. Makes it easy to park your car here and take the bus into Edinburgh and avoid the traffic and parking issues downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

- Location: only 5 minutes from the airport but not as expensive at the hotel in the airport.
- Shuttle bus to go to the airport every 20 minutes.
- Really good value for the location
- Rooms are big and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Florence L
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had a pleasant two night stay at Edinburgh Travelodge Airport Hotel. The hotel is situated near the Airport but on the outskirts of the city. I had a comfortable sleep and no noise could be heard from the departing / arriving flights.

The hotel offers the typical Travelodge facilities such as tea & coffee and a 30minutes free wifi. etc.

The staff was really helpful. I have to mention Amy in particular who was at the reception at the time of my check in. A wonderful and very helpful lady. Another young lady at the bar (whose name escapes me at the moment) always served customers with a friendly smile.

Bus no 12 takes you to the city in about 1 hour or X12 in approximately 30 minutes. The bus stop is situated just outside the hotel on the right hand side. There is a shuttle bus service for £5 to the Airport. Otherwise there is Airport Link Express from Waverley Bridge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this Travelodge, it is very clean and modern compared to others I have stayed in before.Hairdryer is available at reception. Breakfast was good. As for location, it was just around the corner from 'Low Cost Parking' where we were leaving the car for our holiday so it was ideal for us. Staff were very helpfull and printed off our boarding passes as we had to check in online while we were there.

My only gripe was that we didn't come in from the motorway and there was no sign to tell us to turn in for the Travelodge, we ended up on the motorway, unable to turn and had to go on an 8 mile detour to get back to the hotel after being just a few metres from it in the frst place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very basic. Very uncomfortable. Disturbed sleep. No hairdryer, no toiletries and only 2 t-bags! Payable shuttle service to airport only runs from hotel to airport but not available to pick-up on arrival so prepare to pay for taxi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family