Travelodge Edinburgh Airport Ratho Station Hotel
Waldorf Astoria
US$129
US$125
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Agoda.com
US$185
US$167
  • Pool
All reviewsan early flightdual carriagewaytravel lodgeshuttle servicean overnight staytaxi farenext morningstayed one nightwhat it says on the tinfamily roomcomfy bedmain roadgood nights sleepshort staycity centrekettletram
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff is very welcoming and helpful; good for an early airport departure. Note: shuttle service only TO the airport, not FROM, and taxi costs10℔. Twin rooms are a "family room" with a nice double bed and a fold-up cot; no table and chairs, no bed table. Wifi is free for 1 use of 30 minutes only. Bus into city takes 30-45 minutes. Not my expectation of a Travelodge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Banjo_10
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Arrived for a one night stay and parking package prior to a short weekend break in Krakow. The bedroom was clean and comfotable but lack of toiletries disapointing and smacks of penny pinching - not even soap for hand washing was provided.... We decided to have a meal and ordered a couple of beefburgers, straightforward we thought - wrong!! After a wait of 45 minutes my wife received her order, I had to wait another 15 minutes before my burger and chips arrived. Brian the receptionist was most apologetic and offered us a drink on the house which we accepted however I felt sorry for him as he appeared to be head receptionist, waiter, barman and possibly cook; maybe some staff hadn't turned up for work? As for the food it poor and I wouldn't recommend. When we got back to our room it was cold and we couldn't get the heater to work properly and of course there is no phone to ring reception and get advice.....

We were given directions where to leave the car close to the airport however on arrival at Ingleston Park and Ride in the early morning there were only two cars in the large park and these looked abandoned! Gut feeling was not to use the park if we wanted to see the car again so time being short for our check in parking at the airport terminal was our only option. Arrived back from our 3 day holiday today to be greeted with a parking charge of £130 so be warned!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was a very pleasant stay. Booked so that we could visit the zoo, which was really close. Beds were comfortable and the pizza was surprisingly good. Had already pre-paid for breakfast (kids eat free) which was good also. Would visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've stayed at this Travelodge many times, but I think this was the most comfortable stay - they seem to have new double beds. I miss the old style pull out sofa beds in the family rooms though, which we used to book as a double so we could use the sofa as a sofa! The hotel is about six years old now but still looks very well presented. Staff were helpful and friendly as usual. Although it is very close to the airport, even sleeping with the window open I didn't hear the planes (our room was on the back of the hotel this time - best to keep the triple glazed windows closed on the road side for a really quiet sleep). I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We used this hotel 2 years ago we had the worst nights sleep ever the beds were so uncomfortable it was unbelievable , I booked this hotel not thinking I had been there befor, and when we arrived I thought oh no , but what an excellent suprise they had changed the beds to very comfortable we had a very good nights sleep ,and the food was very good in the restaurant

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple