“One night in Edinburgh Airport Travelodge”

Travelodge Edinburgh Airport Ratho Station Hotel
Ranked #109 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“One night in Edinburgh Airport Travelodge”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

As we had a flight to Belfast at 07.00 so we decided on the Airport Travelodge for the early start, it was a great choice purpose built to a high standard, we had an easy access room it had ten grab bars in the bathroom I can just see Mr Health and Safety pondering if that will meet the regulations or should he add a few more.
Allun at reception was a great help booked us an early suttle to the airport £3.00 per person the room was large, very clean we like new buildings as they are usually designed to peovide comfort and easy access which is important for my wife with restricted mobility.

1 Thank RonaldJames

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived at midnight on a very hot day, to a friendly welcome. The receptionist apologised for the high temperature in our room, said a fan had been on to cool it during the evening and offered iced water if we needed it. We expected the worst but it was all fine. The concern was so impressive! We would highly recommend this travelodge, so far the best of the usual choices at Airports

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Rodger H
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here as it was convenient for the airport and I was landing late. The room was clean and reasonably decorated; however it was incredibly hot and noisy. All the corridor heaters were on for no discernible reason apart from making the hotel painfully hot. And the with the windows open it was very noisy. I didn't get an ounce of sleep. A real shame, as apart from the crippling heat I may of stayed here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard S

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My pregnant wife and I checked into the Travelodge for one night before we flew to Majorca. We were going go to through to Edinburgh but couldn't be bothered with the journey so we opted to eat in the hotel's restaurant. I really wish we tracked down the McDonald's that is close by. The food is the worst I have ever had. It is frozen Microwavable burgers. I had the chicken and my wife had the been and she had 1/4 of it and decided she could not have any more. it was disgusting. The chips were soggy oven chips as well.
After we finished we sat waiting for our desert. a couple of the same staff passed a few times and never took our plates away or came with our deserts.
Prices are ridiculous, we were £30 for the meals 1 beer and a J20. Spirit prices are horrendous at £3.50 - this is not Tigerlily.
The room was hot and studdy, the shower is tiny as well.
It is at the far end of the airports runway.

I will never stay here again even if it was a free night. Pay a bit more and go to The Hilton or Holiday Inn.

By the way, the McDonalds is towards the Bridge on the left beside the BP garage, close to a roundabout.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
1 Thank HRH-Garden
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I stayed here as a stop over to visit the university. It did the job but it would be wrong of me to rave about it. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. The let downs were the parking outside and I would like to have had more expert directions and advice on how to get into Edinburgh.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed overnight after late flight back from Spain. Was checked in by very welcoming young man (think he was called Alan) and felt very looked after.
Room was very smart and clean, with super quality duvet and pillows. Spent a great night and breakfast was also excellent value.
As a hotel it is not the most characterful but is certainly very good value.

My only quibble as a smoker would be that there was no area provided that did not make me feel like a leper!

Overall would recommend though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Patti S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed overnight before and early morning flight, hoped to get early night to be fresh in morning. Room was in a high floor on the hotel and was absolutely boiling. Not sure why as was not hot outside. We had to keep window open onto the busy main road and even with ear plugs was so noisy. Did not get a single wink of sleep. We did get a very helpful receptionist in the morning who would have offered us a full refund but we could not claim as had booked through a third party. The room was small but fine and shower etc ok, but air conditioning is a must! We were told the hotel was so hot as it had been hot outside and there was a lot of glass on the hotel, it was hotter than I have ever experienced abroad!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends