Travelodge Edinburgh Airport Ratho Station Hotel
Agoda.com
US$228
US$157
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
US$119
US$110
Agoda.com
US$843
US$678
  • Restaurant
All reviewsan early flightdual carriagewaytravel lodgeshuttle servicean overnight staytaxi farenext morningstayed one nightwhat it says on the tinfamily roomcomfy bedmain roadgood nights sleepshort staycity centrekettletram
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A bit let down this time of staying here. This is my third or fourth stay here and found things lacking here this time around. Went for a late lunch at about 15:00 took at least 10min before being served and I had to ask for assistance, When actually sitting down I had to look for a clean table to sit down at as I counted 8 Tables dirty but dirty with things from breakfast. The meal was ok what you pay for I guess Burger could be improved, Would I order it again NO.
Room was good just very hot I like the duvet programme especially during summer.
I must be honest next time I stay I will be doing a bit of shopping around before I book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've stayed in numerous airport hotels over the years and this has to be the worst. The room was extremely basic - no bedside tables, no phone (for a wake up call), no bathmat, no soap, no tissues, and - very importantly - no air conditioning. The night we stayed was very hot, the window only opens a crack, a heavy doona was on the bed and although the hotel provided a fan, it just moved the air around a very hot room.

It was very noisy. There was noise from the room above us and noise from a group outside our window enjoying the hotel bar until about 2 am. No phone to ring reception and complain though.

The hotel is poorly located. Although only a 10 minute drive from the airport, it is located in a business park which is hard to find and then access. There are no restaurants nearby and the only option (without a car) is to eat in the hotel restaurant. While we were having dinner, the front desk manager was busy cleaning around us, something that surely should have been done before the restaurant opened. We would not recommend this hotel and advise looking at other options.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mosquito Magnet T
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed one night in the Edinburgh Airport travellodge on return from a holiday in Tenerife. We arrived about 1am in the morning. We got a taxi to take us there. The hotel was basic, as was reflected in the price. On arrival the room was boiling! There was a plug in fan but we were tired and it took a long time to cool down. In the morning we all went for showers/baths. The bath was not very clean and had mould/dirt around the edge. There was also a stain on the shower curtain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Frances T
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed the night before we flew off to Cyprus. We have stayed in travelodge's before and expected this one to be the same but it's not. The rooms have apparently been refurbished but I feel they now look more like a hostel room and a hotel. They have made what was already a basic room even more basic. There were hairs in our shower that weren't ours, the hot water wasn't working bit was swiftly rectified after being reported to reception. We ate in the hotel and had no complaints about the food.

Overall it gave us a bed for the night but I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank weeone89
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel stay was alright for a night but the dinner menu could be improved and waiting over 40 mins for food was a joke and so were the small portions, Staff didn't seem to concerned to sort it out not the best stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends