“Pilrig House, the Park Apartment and it's On-Site Scottish Owners are Spectacular...Just Spectacular!”
Review of Pilrig House

Pilrig House
Ranked #123 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It’s my pleasure to write this review of Pilrig House and it’s owners Phillip & Debbie. This was our first time renting a holiday apartment and we couldn’t have had a better experience. Pilrig House overlooks Pilrig Park, which provided terrific beauty and tranquility in the midst of the bustling city. The Park Apartment is charming, comfortable and cozy. Phillip & Debbie have seen to every detail; the apartment is extremely well appointed with lovely linens, luxurious soaps & lotions and an extensive collection of books, movies and music. We very much appreciated the complimentary supply of coffee, tea, milk, biscuits and fudge. Every amenity is in perfect working order and the apartment is in awesome condition and extremely clean. Phillip & Debbie made themselves immediately available in the event we needed them and were more than willing to share their extensive list of attractions, restaurants and shops with us. Pilrig House is perfectly located within comfortable walking distance to most of Edinburgh’s “must sees”. The House is also closely situated near city bus stops. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Edinburgh and Scotland; Pilrig House, the Park Apartment and Phillip & Debbie were spectacular…just spectacular!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff P
There are newer reviews for Pilrig House

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Visited Pilrig house on the second week of our honeymoon, I supposed due to all the good reviews, I was expecting something special .
I certainly wasn't disappointed at all .
The apartment was beautifully furnished, warm, in a fantastic location, clean and full of everything you need, I mean everything even down to lemsips

The location is ideal for Edinburgh and for Leith both 20 mins walking distance , or plenty of buses
Debbie and Philiip were incredibly helpful , friendly hosts who nothing is too much trouble for. Debbie's knowledge was extremely helpful as to where to shop ( mmmm vintage shops) restaurants and tours etc , so very kind generous people without being the slightest bit interfering .
I cannot recommend this place enough , I would definitely love to come back I can't imagine staying anywhere else

Room Tip: The Balfour suit was beautiful , but only has shower . It was extremely quiet with no noise at all .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chezzybabe43
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Looking through all the reviews for Pilrig's House, this place had a lot to live up to and it certainly did from the moment we arrived which was met with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, chocolates and Champagne for my wife who was celebrating her 50th Birthday. The generosity of the owners was beyond compare and the apartment itself is a true home from home plus some more. As self catering goes this has got to be the best it can get. Situated within easy walking distance of Central Edinburgh and very close to the bus services. Many excellent eating places within 10 minutes walk. If you are looking for that extra bit of comfort and luxury then you can't go wrong and with the lovely owners on hand this was a very memorable and thoroughly enjoyable break.

We stayed here as a family for my wife's 50th Birthday.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jimmythee
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I cannot say enough when it comes to Pilrig house and Debbie. I stayed for 5 nights with my 24 year old niece. Debbie provided wonderful information before we arrived for the types of places we wanted to see and she also helped us while we were there. She suggested Capital Tours and I'm so glad she did. We met Mike and he created a tour just for Brittney and myself of places we wanted to see. Debbie even did my niece's laundry even though there is a washer in the apartment. The Garden Apartment was cozy and beautiful. The views are wonderful and the garden/park are fantastic. Really, once you stay at Pilrig House everything else pales in comparison. And the same holds true for Debbie and Phillip. What wonderful hosts. Debbie provided Scotch, candy, fruit, milk, tea, shortbread cookies, boxes and tape for shipping stuff home, picnic supplies. Really everything you can think of that you may need will already have been thought of and all you have to do is look and you will find it in your apartment. If not then a quick phone call or email to Debbie and Phillip and you are good to go. I will return. Absolutely! I love, love, love Pilrig House!

Room Tip: This place is very quiet. A great place to rest, romance, write, reflect. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at Pilrig house for a week, partly to attend a conference and for a holiday,
I only booked Pilrig House as my first two choices of Bed and Breakfast accommodation were booked up. I am now converted to self-catering,
The flat was perfect with great views of the park.I particularly appreciated the bowel of fruit, tea and coffee and a decanter of whisky. This was most welcome following a 28 hour journey from New Zealand.
Great to have a bath with plenty of hot water , good TV , many DVDs and a radio. Many toiletries were provided
The flat was vey quiet, with no noise from the people living in adjacent flats.
The flat was very well set for working with a good table, lighting. wifi and telephone,
Debbie provided a wealth of local knowledge about Edinburgh and I visited places that I would never have thought of, Debbie even provided transport to two locations!
I also enjoyed going to the Whisky Society in Queen Street

I have not stayed any where so perfect.
Thans very much Debbie and Philip

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Most warm welcome and greeting by Debbie and Philip, even helped with some of the luggage. We enjoyed 5 fabulous nights and found the extensive information of Edinburgh that Debbie gave us very helpful. We felt like we really have found our home away from home. The apartment exceeded our expectations. We had all the comforts of home including heavenly linens as well as toiletries,bathrobes and slippers. We especially loved the added touch of having tea, coffee, milk, fruit and even a wee dram or two upon our arrival. Also enjoyed the closeness of everything right down to the tour bus stop just steps away. We would like to thank Debbie and Philip for the use of the Whisky Society membership card. We experienced both venues which were very private and a unique scotch experience. We hope one day to return to the Pilrig House. Many thanks for a first class stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed her for 3 nights for a mini-moon break after our wedding, and we couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay.
We stayed in the Balfour apartment, and were greeted by Philip who gave us a quick tour and lots of information about places to go and see / eat / drink while we were in Edinburgh. Philip and Debbie also very kindly left us a card, champagne and chocolates as a gift which was incredibly thoughtful and goes to show how much they care about their guests.
Philip took us into Leith on our first evening and showed us some of the bars and restaurants that were worth trying, which was another moment of above and beyond service!
The kitchen was fully stocked with all sorts of utensils and gadgets - including a bubbly saver as well as a normal wine stopper - i want one of those!
The bed was extremely comfortable and the lounge was large but cosy. The apartment was spotless - literally not a speck of dust anywhere, and it's in a perfect location to explore Leith and Edinburgh.
We didn't spend much time in the apartment as we were out an about so often, but we are definitely hoping to return and make the most of the self catering aspect of the apartments.
We had a fantastic time and can't thank Debbie and Philip enough for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: The Balfour apartment was beautiful and definitely big enough for 2 couples rather than just us! Alt...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple