“A great stay”
Review of Netherby House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Netherby House
Ranked #117 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Bordeaux, France
“A great stay”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We began our vacation by staying at the Netherby and it was a great way to start ! Good location, good advices provided by George for the restaurant nearby, the rooms are pretty and clean with many usefull things such as a dock for iPhone, an adaptator... The only hard point for french people like us was to fight with the english system for the water management in the shower... :) Still a mystery !
We had a delicious breakfast also, enjoying typical scottish habits... and welcoming !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I can not rate this b&b high enough as my arrival was very welcome and the owner George was extremely friendly but professional. The room was cosy, spacious, new, and i had a brilliant night sleep for the first time in a while. I will be visiting again soon to this well located b&b just seconds from the nearest 24h tesco and local cuisine! I recommend netherby house to anyone looking for a friendly and warm b&b to stay!

• Stayed February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed overnight on my way from Edinburgh Airport to the highlands. It was easy to find and only a short walk from the airlink shuttle bus stop. Even though it is situated on a main road, it was very quiet in my room. I was on my own I had a lovely room with a comfortable double bed. There were lots of takeaway and restaurant’s within walking distance for those who need an evening meal. My bathroom was spotless and to my delight toothpaste was provided with a travel toothbrush, as I had forgotten to buy some at the airport. These extra touches are a godsend to a weary traveller. Breakfast was great, I opted for the cooked full English, however, there was a huge selection for those who wanted "continental". Having stayed at many airport hotels and B&Bs I was amazed that there was not a sight or sound of a plane as it must be away from the main flight path. My short time at Netherby House was a pleasant experience and recommend with no hesitation. I will certainly return when travelling through Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: I had a room with it's own entrance from outside the house, great for privacy and not hearing an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ben B
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at this nice little B&B from 6 - 8 December 2012. The location was excellent as was the accommodation. I had Room No 3, at the back of the property, nice large room that would hold three people comfortably. Spotlessly clean and warm. Had everything that the traveller could expect.

Had the continental breakfast, the porridge is to die for.

George, the proprietor is very helpful and I would definitely stay there again.

Just a note - the cost of the taxi was £9.90, which I thought was a bit OTT for a short journey. Use the Airport express bus, No 100, its £3.50 and stops just above McDonalds, it is then only a short walk to the B&B.

Room Tip: I'd ask for Room 3 again. Its at the back of the property and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eleanor161
highlands
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Booked to stay before a trip abroad. We were given a room on the side of the house that was like a small apartment, very nice. The toilet was totally enclosed which did give it a musty smell but it was nice and clean. We had an early start so asked the owner for a continental breakfast which was given to us that evening.
The owner had phoned a taxi for us to get to the airport and we arranged to leave our car in the b and b carpark. The taxi cost £9 from the b and b. On our return we were asked to knock the door just to let the owner know we were back and taking the car.
Nice and easy to get to with a friendly and helpful owner, would book again. A lot cheaper than airport hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank montysmum
George T, Owner at Netherby House, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear montysmum,
Thank you for leaving us a kind review, I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms "nice and clean" and handy for the airport, although I am sorry to hear that you found our en-suite had a slightly musty smell, there is an automatic expel-air fan and it is usually very satisfactory in extracting any condensation / aromas, however I will look into it.
I hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Edinburgh airport.
George
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was made very welcome and the accommodation was excellent. I could not fault this 'home from home' in any way and would recommend it to anyone. This place is ideal for those travelling from Edinburgh Airport, it is about 5 minutes drive from the airport. There is a big car park at the rear of the house and easy access to the main road. George makes you feel welcome and, in my opinion, feeling welcome is number one priority. Netherby is great value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We started our short Scotland trip in Edinburgh and ended it there. It was no Problem to book the room accordingly in advance. Nice clean rooms and George is very thoughtful and friendly. A small parking lot for a rental car is also available. Even though it is directly at the main street, it is really quiet. As the bus is Close by, you can reach Edinburgh Centre within 15 mins ride and it's not longer in the other way to the Airport. There are also a few good Restaurants Close by. We would definitely stay there again on our next trip to Scotland.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple